Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I hope the filming for Bond goes as quickly. {[] :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Don't get too excited, it's still got 7 months of post production before it's finished.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    All those Jar-Jars to draw / render :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    You heard about the Jar Jar clone army resurrected from hibernation then :o They'd kept that really quiet.
    Wasn't Churchill a fan he did say ..
    " Jar, Jar is better than Star Wars " :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    WOW - the new trailer looks fantastic and the direction that the prequels should have been!!!!

All the original elements are there!!!

Is that a metallic black stormtrooper with a light sabre????? Looks badass!!! Boba Fett also? Did the Sarlac not get him or did he fly out in the rehash over the years? Maybe a relative in his suit?

Only criticism is:

Bloody Disney Castle at the start - going to get some used to with Star Wars!!

Space Battles look very CGI (well duh obviously etc but would have been cool to have gone down the old fashioned route!!!)

PS - no sign of Fisher or Harrison. I guess they are still CGI rendering Fishers body :))
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    WOW - the new trailer looks fantastic and the direction that the prequels should have been!!!!

Is that a metallic black stormtrooper with a light sabre????? Looks badass!!! Boba Fett also? Did the Sarlac not get him or did he fly out in the rehash over the years? Maybe a relative in his suit?

Only criticism is:

Space Battles look very CGI (well duh obviously etc but would have been cool to have gone down the old fashioned route!!!)

PS - no sign of Fisher or Harrison. I guess they are still CGI rendering Fishers body :))

You do know that trailer is fake, right?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Official confirmation that the first trailer (The Force Awakens) will be available online Friday via iTunesTrailers.

Star Wars Twitter
    https://twitter.com/starwars/status/537726713753382913
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    I saw some of the You Tube comments when watched again. Has someone admitted making it? If so quite impressive and would be hilarious if it ended up better then the real thing.

I guess we will find out tomorrow

Mr Martini wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Only criticism is:

Have you got a link?
    The Mrs showed it to me on Facebook, hang on will see if I can find it.

I only watched it on my iPhone so never noticed anything glaringly obvious
    Here you go found another link. Funny read, even mentions anchorman 2 being used in it

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/viral/video-the-force-is-strong-in-fake-trailer-for-new-star-wars-movie-1.704874
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    edited November 2014
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I saw some of the You Tube comments when watched again. Has someone admitted making it? If so quite impressive and would be hilarious if it ended up better then the real thing.

I guess we will find out tomorrow

Mr Martini wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Only criticism is:

Duped me too then! If it is fake, then fair play to them, as they've made it appear pretty convincing (although I've only seen it via an iphone)!
    Ha - bit of a downer if fake as looked good!!!

Will be interesting to see if its topped tomorrow
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Apparently if you watch it closely there's bits of Anchorman 2 in it?! Must have missed that bit after the "wow" of seeing a stormtrooper with a lightsabre! :))
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    welshboy78 wrote:

Putting aside the fakeness of the trailer (I was wondering why there was so much footage from Return of the Jedi in it), I have to agree with this. There was something about the massive 20th Century-Fox logo and Alfred Newman's blaring score that just perfectly set up the first six Star Wars movies. . .I don't think a magic castle and "When You Wish Upon a Star" can equal this. Then again, I've seen Bond movies start with the UA logo, the MGM lion, the Columbia goddess, and now Leo the Lion again. . .I can get used to it.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    edited November 2014
    I thought this was only being officially released on iTunes today, this may be removed.

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Official Teaser Trailer #1 (2015)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE
    Looks good. -{
    TBH, I thought the fake trailer looked a little darker and more intriguing. I guess I'm still scarred by The Phantom Menace trailer 15 or so years ago. . .I remember thinking how great the movie looked, how wonderful it would be to be back in the SW universe. . .and then I saw the actual film. The first thing I thought when I saw this trailer was, "Tatooine AGAIN?" And the R2-unit with the spinning body. . .just too cute. But, yeah, the cross-like light saber really does look cool. I'll hold judgment and wait. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Ha - looks promising but agree the fake one looked great lol
    Pretty impressive, considering this was done within twenty four hours of the teaser trailer being released.

Lego Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpfWrh1scZU
    Sorry to hear that David Prowse is suffering from dementia. He is quoted, "Of course, Vader got killed and there was no way back. But the fans ask me if I'm going to be in the new movies and I just say 'Sorry, not that I know of'. I would have loved to have done something in it, even if it was just a cameo, but I would probably forget my lines."

The FULL article.
    Darth Vader actor David Prowse reveals he has dementia:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/darth-vader-actor-david-prowse-reveals-he-has-dementia-id-love-to-be-in-star-wars-7-but-would-probably-forget-my-lines-9893401.html
    Sad news, it's a terrible disease. :#
    Legend!!! I remember meeting him in full Vader outfit at a toy convention in Wales just after ROTJ!!! Sadly I lost the photo, was only a nipper at the time and prob pooped myself!!
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    The official trailer looks good, but then so did the one for The Phantom Menace!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    British actor John Boyega has hit back at those on the web who question JJ Abrams' decision to cast a black actor as one of the elite (Stormtrooper) soldiers. He also thanked people for their support and expressed his excitement at being part of the hugely anticipated film.

The FULL article.
    Star Wars Stormtrooper Hits Out At Racists
    http://news.sky.com/story/1383525/star-wars-stormtrooper-hits-out-at-racists
    This is fu*king crazy some morons can accept a lizard gangster
    Or a tiny green Jedi master but they can't accept a Black Stormtrooper ?
    Bloody Racists. X-( that's all they are pure and simple,
    I say good luck John Boyega -{ hope this leads to even more success {[]
    Crap like this gets me so angry :# even today on a post about Pierce Brosnan
    Someone used the line to describe him as " They're after me lucky charms" :#
    Because he's Irish ! I hate to see what dialogue he'd have put if he'd been black.
    The sooner all this Racist crap became a part of the history books the better. At
    The end of the day " All of us" are only one step up from the chimpanzees. so I
    Hope John Boyega gives a brilliant performance ( I'm sure he will) and can use
    It to go on to even more success as an actor ! {[]
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Some People are just rather nit-picky :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Here's what gets me. . .the evil Empire supposedly fell. . .the last time we saw Stormtroopers Ewoks were using their helmets for drums. . .I'd say the old rules no longer apply, so who's to complain about someone other than a Jango Fett clone wearing Stormtrooper armor?
    Vox clamantis in deserto