Reboot continuity/parallel universe question - SPOLIERS

I’ve just seen SF, and enjoyed it more than CR or QOS. I thought the part up till the London Underground chase scenes were more in keeping with a Bond film, though.

I’m glad that they have reintroduced M’s pre-GE office, and that we have a male M. Are these introductions intended to be a continuity with the Bond universe of DN? In other words, was Judy Dench’s M supposed to be the one before Bernard Mile’s—with Mallory now being Bernard Mile’s M? (But on second thoughts that can’t be, as women didn’t have such positions of authority until the 1980s.)

The same would go for MI6’s headquarters being destroyed in SF. In the pre-DN universe, was MI6’s headquarters destroyed, hence the headquarters in DN being the same one we now see at the end of SF?

Does the same apply for Moneypenny? Is the new one meant to be the one in DN till AVTAK?

I know this is confusing. Can anyone clarify?

Comments

• DouglasJDouglasJ Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    No, this is still a new continuity. And Mallory is not Sir Miles.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    This thread needs a SPOILER tag as some folks haven't seen it yet.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,625Chief of Staff
    Asp9mm wrote:

I've just edited it...

...come on people...please think of others when posting topic titles...
    YNWA 97
  • osrisosris Posts: 558MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

I've just edited it...

...come on people...please think of others when posting topic titles...

Sorry.
  • osrisosris Posts: 558MI6 Agent
    DouglasJ wrote:
    No, this is still a new continuity. And Mallory is not Sir Miles.

I see. I just thought that if he were it would make sense of the old HQ being used again, rather than it just appearing out of the blue for no reason, so to speak.
  • AgentXXXAgentXXX Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    One that struck me immediately was in te skyscraper in Shanghai.

The glass walls causing reflections etc reminded me very much of TMWTGG.

Also, Severine was dressed in the same deep red colours as the knife throwing circus duo in Octopussy, so when Bond and Silva were shooting at the whiskey balanced on her head it reminded me of them. Not a direct link, but I definately saw it
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    AgentXXX wrote:
    One that struck me immediately was in te skyscraper in Shanghai.

The glass walls causing reflections etc reminded me very much of TMWTGG.

Also, Severine was dressed in the same deep red colours as the knife throwing circus duo in Octopussy, so when Bond and Silva were shooting at the whiskey balanced on her head it reminded me of them. Not a direct link, but I definately saw it

I thought the skyscraper fight was a bit like the entrance to the clinic in DAD, all disorientated etc.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org