Academy award nominations for Skyfall

Comments

• Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Skyfall (Stuart Baird) has been nominated for an award by the American Cinema Editors guild in the Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic) category. The awards recognize outstanding editing in nine categories of film, television and documentaries. The winners will be announced during a ceremony at the International Ballroom of the Beverley Hilton Hotel on Saturday, February 16th.

The nominees for Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic)

Argo - William Goldenberg
    Life of Pi - Tim Squyres
    Lincoln - Michael Kahn
    Skyfall - Stuart Baird
    Zero Dark Thirty - Dylan Tichenor and William Goldenberg

American Cinema Editors Announce 63rd ACE Eddie Nominations
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendwarriornews.php?id=98779

No joy for Skyfall (Stuart Baird) as Argo (William Goldenberg) wins Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic) at the American Cinema Editors ACE Eddie Awards.

'Argo,' 'Silver Linings,' 'Brave' and 'Breaking Bad' win ACE Eddie Awards
    http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/argo-silver-linings-brave-and-breaking-bad-win-ace-eddie-awards
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Moore Than wrote:
    Skyfall is one of five films nominated for the top award by the Cinema Audio Society, a non-profit organisation that honours the art of sound mixing in film and television. The Cinema Audio Society is one of two groups that give awards for sound work. Its awards - made in two film and four TV categories - are minimal compared to the nearly twenty categories handed out by the Motion Picture Sound Editors, who will announce their nominations in mid-January.

The five nominated Live Action films are as follows.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    Les Miserables
    Lincoln
    Skyfall
    Zero Dark Thirty

Cinema Audio Society Likes the Sound of 'Skyfall,' 'Lez Miz,' 'The Hobbit'
    http://www.thewrap.com/awards/column-post/cinema-audio-society-likes-sound-skyfall-les-miz-hobbit-71766

No joy for Skyfall as Les Miserables wins Live Action honour at the 49th annual Cinema Audio Society Awards.

Sound Mixers Pick 'Les Miserables' For CAS Award
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/embargoed-sound-mixers-honor-xxx-421777
    Moore Than wrote:
    Skyfall has received three nominations for the 60th Motion Picture Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards. The Golden Reel Awards recognize sound editing in 22 categories encompassing feature films, television, animation, computer entertainment and student work. The awards ceremony will be on the 17th February.

Skyfall has been nominated in the following three categories.

Best Sound Editing: Sound Effects and Foley in a Feature Film
    Best Sound Editing: Dialogue and ADR in a Feature Film
    Best Sound Editing: Music in a Feature Film

The full list of nominees.
    Sound Editors Announce Golden Reel Nominees
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/golden-reel-nominees-413536

Congratulations to Skyfall on winning Best Sound Editing: Sound Effects and Foley in a Feature Film at the Motion Picture Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards. -{

MPSE Golden Reel Awards: 'Life Of Pi', 'Les Miserables', 'Skyfall', 'Wreck-It-Ralph', 'Game Of Thrones', 'Fringe'
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/mpse-golden-reel-awards-embargoed-kinsey-life-of-pi-les-miserables-skyfall-wreck-it-ralph-game-of-thrones-fringe/
    Skyfall has received seven nominations for the Annual Saturn Awards, The awards ceremony date and location will be announced in the coming weeks. The Saturns are awarded in twenty film categories, nine TV categories and four-in-home entertainment categories.

'Hobbit' Leads Saturn Awards With Nine Nominations
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hobbit-leads-saturn-awards-nine-422530

Full list of nominations.
    http://www.saturnawards.org/nominations.html

Skyfall's seven nominations are as follows.

Best Action/Adventure Film - Skyfall
    Best Actor - Daniel Craig
    Best Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem
    Best Supporting Actress - Judi Dench
    Best Editing - Stuart Baird & Kate Baird
    Best Music - Thomas Newman
    Best Make-Up - Naomie Donne, Donald Mowat, Love Larson
    Moore Than wrote:
    Nominees for the 15th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards, which celebrate excellence in film, television and commercial costume design, were announced this morning. Skyfall/Jany Temime is one of five nominees for Excellence in Contemporary Film. The winners of the seven competitive awards will be revealed at a ceremony on Tuesday 19th February at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

The five nominees for Excellence in Contemporary Film

Beasts of the Southern Wild - Stephani Lewis
    The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Louise Stjernsward
    Silver Linings Playbook - Mark Bridges
    Skyfall - Jany Temime
    Zero Dark Thirty - George L. Little

Costume Designers Unveil CDG Awards Nominees
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/costume-designers-cdg-awards-2013-nominees-list/

Congratulations to Skyfall/Jany Temime for winning Excellence in Contemporary Film at the 15th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards. -{

Skyfall and Anna Karenina receive costume design awards
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21518016
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    Skyfall has just won Best British Single at the Brits! Great to see the song being as successful as the film, it's a quality Bond song.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
    Skyfall has just won Best British Single at the Brits! Great to see the song being as successful as the film, it's a quality Bond song.
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Looking forward to the Oscar broadcast with some trepidation. Past history of "tributes" during the awards - particularly with music and or dancing involved has more often than not been filled with a lot of "cheese" and cringe worthy moments for me. The Bond franchise is particularly ripe for exploitation by the media at these type of events. When short reports on the films or other coverage is done either for retrospectives or around the release of a current film, it usually results in badly edited sequences filled with the all the known cliches (such as showing all the "Bond, James Bond" bits or the bad puns, etc.) not to mention the most unoriginal questions from reporters, many of whom don't seem to even know the basics of the Bond franchise history.
    I'm hoping that Adele's Skyfall number will be classy, without any bombastic production design around her (choreography OR projected images that don't match the haunting theme of the song or divert from Adele herself). The same goes with Bassey. I am a fan of Dame Shirley, but she can sometimes overwork her style during live performances of the Bond themes, instead of just keeping them true to the original recorded version. If she can stay away from that, and if the production designers just have them sing on the stage with the focus on them and the orchestra, I think it would keep it first class. Also hoping when they do the tribute to the franchise, they won't rush through it (as they've done with past tributes) and will show and speak about Fleming. Would even be nice if they showed a few seconds of the old black and white interview he did at Goldeneye so many who are not as familiar with him could actually see who started the whole phenomenom.
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Looking forward to the Oscar broadcast with some trepidation. Past history of "tributes" during the awards - particularly with music and or dancing involved has more often than not been filled with a lot of "cheese" and cringe worthy moments for me. The Bond franchise is particularly ripe for exploitation by the media at these type of events. When short reports on the films or other coverage is done either for retrospectives or around the release of a current film, it usually results in badly edited sequences filled with the all the known cliches (such as showing all the "Bond, James Bond" bits or the bad puns, etc.) not to mention the most unoriginal questions from reporters, many of whom don't seem to even know the basics of the Bond franchise history.

So far with you
    I'm hoping that Adele's Skyfall number will be classy, without any bombastic production design around her (choreography OR projected images that don't match the haunting theme of the song or divert from Adele herself).

You know this is gonna happen... They always do this.

The same goes with Bassey. I am a fan of Dame Shirley, but she can sometimes overwork her style during live performances of the Bond themes, instead of just keeping them true to the original recorded version. If she can stay away from that, and if the production designers just have them sing on the stage with the focus on them and the orchestra, I think it would keep it first class. Also hoping when they do the tribute to the franchise, they won't rush through it (as they've done with past tributes) and will show and speak about Fleming. Would even be nice if they showed a few seconds of the old black and white interview he did at Goldeneye so many who are not as familiar with him could actually see who started the whole phenomenom.

Its only a 4 hour show, they cant fit the entire "everything or nothing" documentary...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sam Mendes wins Best Director on "The Culture Show " BBC2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01qypkc/The_Culture_Show_Forget_the_Oscars_Here_Are_the_Kermodes_A_Culture_Show_Special/

Film critic Mark Kermode hands out his coveted statuettes to his pick of the best film-makers and actors over the last year. Featuring Sam Mendes and Mads Mikkelsen.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    96mn12 wrote:

So far with you
    I'm hoping that Adele's Skyfall number will be classy, without any bombastic production design around her (choreography OR projected images that don't match the haunting theme of the song or divert from Adele herself).

You know this is gonna happen... They always do this.

The same goes with Bassey. I am a fan of Dame Shirley, but she can sometimes overwork her style during live performances of the Bond themes, instead of just keeping them true to the original recorded version. If she can stay away from that, and if the production designers just have them sing on the stage with the focus on them and the orchestra, I think it would keep it first class. Also hoping when they do the tribute to the franchise, they won't rush through it (as they've done with past tributes) and will show and speak about Fleming. Would even be nice if they showed a few seconds of the old black and white interview he did at Goldeneye so many who are not as familiar with him could actually see who started the whole phenomenom.

Its only a 4 hour show, they cant fit the entire "everything or nothing" documentary...

Understand that. Just hope they at least show something of Fleming.
    Congratulations to Naomie Harris on receiving the Shining Star award at Essence Magazine's sixth annual Black Women in Hollywood awards luncheon. -{

Wallis honoured at awards luncheon
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/wallis-honoured-at-awards-luncheon-29088139.html

inline_530364776626.jpg
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Nice!
    Moore Than wrote:
    Congratulations to Naomie Harris on receiving the Shining Star award at Essence Magazine's sixth annual Black Women in Hollywood awards luncheon. -{

Wallis honoured at awards luncheon
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/wallis-honoured-at-awards-luncheon-29088139.html

inline_530364776626.jpg
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    An article from the BBC's Emma Saunders in Hollywood ahead of the Oscars ceremony on Sunday. Features comment from George Lazenby, Jane Seymour, and Michael G. Wilson.

Reporter's log: Oscars 2013
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21544910

_66032829_1ib4w5db.jpg
    Thought I'd post this here: What did everyone make of the Oscars tribute? I thought it was ok. It said it was going to celebrate it through music but then just used the James Bond theme, Live And Let Die and then Goldfinger. IMHO it could've been better but it could've been worse.
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    I was hoping there was more
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
    gregroe wrote:
    I was hoping there was more
    Same. Also, it seems a bit pointless having Adele sing Skyfall later. Should've blended it in. Goldfinger by Dame Shirley followed by Skyfall would've been great!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I'm sure Adele would have loved to go right after The Dame. :))
    Yeah, I'm sure Adele would have loved to go right after The Dame. :))

I think she could hold her own but there is a lot of pressure! haha

Skyfall wins an Oscar for Sound Editing!!! :D
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I was disappointed because I was hoping for more. Shirley Bassey nailed it with Goldfinger, though.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    Congratulations to Per and Karen on there Osxar win!
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Newman didn't get the Oscar, damn it.

SKYFALL WINS best song!! Great, wonderful, 2 Oscars till now, not bad!
    Great Oscars so far for Bond!! 2012 has been a great year!!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    bummed that Newman didnt win.
  • Agent007jamestAgent007jamest usaPosts: 163MI6 Agent
    Newman deserved to win!
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Two Oscars for SKYFALL. So happy!
    Surely now officially the most successful Bond movie ever, whatever measure is used!
    So so pleased!

:))
  • boothroyd13boothroyd13 Winchester, VAPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    When the presenters (Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas) were walking out to present "Best Director," did anyone catch that the orchestra was playing "Nobody Does it Better?" Thought this was very cool. :007)
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    When the presenters (Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas) were walking out to present "Best Director," did anyone catch that the orchestra was playing "Nobody Does it Better?" Thought this was very cool. :007)

I did hear that. It was a nice nod.

As for Best Score, I have heard most of the nominees and would have picked Anna Karenina, followed by Life of Pi over SkyFall. Glad to see Anna Karenina won for Costume Design. It is an incredibly designed film, especially visually.

Well done for the two wins that SkyFall received.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    289383_xcitefun_239402_xcitefun_1.jpg

Congratulations to all who worked on Skyfall, and for the Oscars success -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    Two Oscars for SKYFALL. So happy!
    Surely now officially the most successful Bond movie ever, whatever measure is used!
    So so pleased!

:))

Droopy02_dhedey1.png
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017