Donk's Modest Bond collection

Comments

• ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Very nice -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    edited December 2013
    Well just when you think you've seen it all, you clearly haven't!
    Original 1968 Mettoy Playcraft store window poster for the fabulous New Corgi 270 James Bond Aston Martin DB5. Wise eyed AJbers will have noticed Donk has previously posted this image however this is a slightly alternative & unknown by myself design featuring CORGI TOYS in place of "Now with revolving number plates & tyre slashers". My thanks to QDT for alerting me to the existence of this little 45 year old gem -{
    C270sign.jpg
    Additional: The poster is even more unusual than first believed. It is printed on glossy paper which gives much sharper colour plus it has unused gummed strips the same as on the Corgi Diamonds are Forever 811 Moon Buggy and 391 Ford Mustang poster. It is also larger than the non-glossy finish 270 poster...simply stunning -{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    As you say...there is always something new to find...thanks for sharing -{
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Nice find. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited December 2013
    Another nice addition -{ well done
    Would be interesting to find out if there is a matching counter stand?
    edited May 2019
    Removed from collection.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Cool Donk, I bet you look great dressed in that get up ready to save the world :D

Great addition to the unofficial archive -{
    What can I say, wonderful stuff, I'm amazed at some of the items people track down. -{ :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    That is so cool -{
    Nicely written back story, a fantastic and rare addition to the collection, well done ............. but does it fit?
    Once again, amazing stuff, Donk -{

Please tell me you wear it at weekends :D
    YNWA 97
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent
    We need to see a photo of you wearing it, the jacket, the gun, etc!!!!
    Yes, it's about time we had a fashion show for all these wonderful costumes. :))
    ( If an attractive model is required, I am available ! :)) )
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Nice one donk.

I've only got a handful of screen used stuff, it's just way out of my league, but the stuff you keep on showing off simply blows me away every time. (not like that you sick fook)

Keep it up mate (not like that either, dirty bastard), cos it never ceases to amaze me what comes out next (no, no, definitely no you sick puppy).

MG -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    edited March 2015
    Without this important 2005 document & the 1953 novel by Mr Ian Fleming, would we have had Skyfall & made the magic 50th Anniversary of Mr Fleming's Most Extraordinary Gentleman Spy in all Fiction...James Bond, Agent 007?
    DSC02317.jpg
    The first....
    DSC02318.jpg
    And the last... -{
    Is that 'his' script ? I have one of the many copies of the script...its a great read -{
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Is that 'his' script ? I have one of the many copies of the script...its a great read -{
    I bloody hope so :( ...it is printed rather than photocopied & the DC over print is lighter than the main bold type.
    You jammy bugger :))
    YNWA 97
    Really nice. {[] :D
    Have you read it yet :D

Nice one Donk -{
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Wow.
    edited March 2014
    Removed...sorry!
    The mind boggles :s Amazing stuff....
    YNWA 97
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Is there no end!!!! Phenomenal collection.
    Well .... I don't normally get excited about seeing bits of brass sliding in and out of each other.
    But this is an exception, a truly amazing piece of Corgi History -{
    Thank you for sharing this with us.
    My only criticism is that it would look much better next to my pre-production Lotus Esprit :D
    Well .... I don't normally get excited about seeing bits of brass sliding in and out of each other....

You don't? So it is just me then? Bugger. Words like 'flange', 'grease nipple' and 'plunger' often cause a mild rotation of a testicle, usually the middle one. ;%

Once again Donk, I dunno how you get hold of this stuff, or where you find it, but top marks mate. Your collection is truly unique and special.

Not wanting to sound rude or owt, but it's equally gobsmacking that companies let this kind of thing go out the door, or even worse, in the bin, without any regards for it's significance. Reminds me of that bomb sled sub from TB found in undergrowth.

Congrats on preserving a truly remarkable collection Donk, worthy of a **** shake any day. I'll get Lexi right on it. :o You can have seconds :o :o :o
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Donk... R... Broccoli. There is no other explanation! Thanks for sharing these items.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
    An incredible & unique addition to the Corgi C269 Lotus Esprit Archive.
    An original 20" x 15.5" black and white plate of Roger Moore presenting HRH Princess Anne with one of the ten plinth mounted, gold plated James Bond Lotus Esprit presentation models at the Royal Premiere screening of The Spy Who Loved Me on 7th July 1977 at The Odeon Theatre Leicester Square. A cropped copy of this photo is featured on page 69 in Dave Worrall's mini masterpiece guide "The James Bond Diecasts of Corgi".
    My thanks to both QDT and Monte Calme for making this incredible rare piece of C269 007 history available to The Modest Collection -{
    DSC02332.jpg
    Donk E Balls :))

blimey I bet she could nibble a carrot through a letter box
    Nice -{
    E3E24B5A-1515-4D48-90E0-25244BC897A3_zpsifswh8k0.jpg

"Although Mrs Moore is very fond of it, we'd both like you to experience the 'donk burrower 3000'. Gold plated, highly polished smooth surface, 10 vibrate levels AND an emergency carbon fibre reinforced retrieval cord for those 'sticky' situations. Q'll have em in the shops for Christmas."
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org