SkyFall as a different Bond?

anyone else reckon the skyfall story line would of been last film for Pierce Brosnan to do bearing in mind his relationship with M would of been a good fit or after die another day?
not saying didnt enjoy skyfall i loved it!! just an idea

Comments

• LukeLuke USAPosts: 99MI6 Agent
    Nah. It was written for and very much around Craig's take on Bond.

Brozzy always had a gift for grinding his molars in angst, but I don't think that would have worked for some of that old "roots" stuff at the end of SF.
    It's all right. It's quite all right, really. She's having a rest. We'll be going on soon. There's no hurry, you see. We have all the time in the world.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Other than the eve stuff, I think it might have worked. But ultimately, it suits DC's take very well.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    In some ways (good or bad) SF reminded me a lot of PB's Bonds, with the exception of TND.

As I've mentioned before, I feel SF is somewhat schizophrenic, since this is supposed to be the third outing of Bond begins, and yet he experiences burnout, so much introspection into his past, the closing and opening of some chapters, and then a sort of rebirth with all this taking place as a major upheaval and mid-life crisis.

Yes, we all know that SF and its nuances were tailored for DC just as the other Bond films were for the other actors, but from a high level in the themes explored, SF could have fared well with PB's Bond, or even with TD even if done at their current age.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Really, had they filmed it after DAD it would have been similar, as Dench fed him to the sharks on that one too. In fact, they really are repeating themes a lot aren't they?

I agree that generally Brozzer is a better fit, because it's as if we are meant to buy into Bond as a generic character in this and just accept they've been through a lot together, but we haven't seen the Craig Bond and Dench M evolve together much at all. It's just taken as read, and quite possibly the casual fan or moviegoer buys into this, much in the same way they buy into a new Aston DB5 with the old machine guns, it's movie shorthand.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    In some ways (good or bad) SF reminded me a lot of PB's Bonds, with the exception of TND.

As I've mentioned before, I feel SF is somewhat schizophrenic, since this is supposed to be the third outing of Bond begins, and yet he experiences burnout, so much introspection into his past, the closing and opening of some chapters, and then a sort of rebirth with all this taking place as a major upheaval and mid-life crisis.

Yes, we all know that SF and its nuances were tailored for DC just as the other Bond films were for the other actors, but from a high level in the themes explored, SF could have fared well with PB's Bond, or even with TD even if done at their current age.

I don't think that "Skyfall" is Bond's 3rd mission. It's pretty clear that a significant amount of time has passed since CR/QOS in the Bond universe. That being said, it does feel like a film is missing between QOS and "Skyfall".
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Something else that came to mind... SF is a little bit of how I envisioned a CR with Brosnan, with a mid-life retrospection into unresolved issues of Bond's first mission as a double-O. Since PB began with Dench's M with the subtilest of sparks flying from that point on, it would have been dramatically fulfilling to see their relationship reach a peak and then to eventually find peace and closure through an event in which M herself faces unresolved issues from the past with a person whose relationship with M had tragically turned for the worse.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • schaduwoogschaduwoog Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    It would be great to see PB did this. It would actually be better. I like DC's bond better than PB but I really think PB would have done it very well. Age would be better and the audience have seen more missions of him. Also it's more believable that PB is 'at the end of fitness' than DC. Especially with Pierce Die Another Day belly.

But yeah you have to imagine some missions between QoS and SF.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Mabey to help really screw up the Time line ( Not that that's already happened ) :D
    The Next Bond actors Films could be set in the Past, Namely He could show all those
    missions of DC we missed out on between QOS and SF. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • schaduwoogschaduwoog Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    Mabey to help really screw up the Time line ( Not that that's already happened ) :D
    The Next Bond actors Films could be set in the Past, Namely He could show all those
    missions of DC we missed out on between QOS and SF. :))

Yeah we see how the drive gets stolen and in the end of the movie we see him walk in the dark corridor in Istanbul. :))
    When the gunbarrel is at the end of that movie, it is somehow then in the beginning of SF :))