Who were considered for the cast?

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,766MI6 Agent
We have heard that Sean Connery was considered to play Kincade. But who did Namie Harris and Bernice Marlohe beat in the casting process? Did they think of anyone else to play Q or M?

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    George Cole was to reprise his role of 'Flashy Harry' but apparently his arrival at Skyfall Lodge, including bubble car and haphazard bar piano music was deemed 'too light' for the sequence and alas, his scenes were cut out. :(
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,766MI6 Agent
    .... and the movie suffered greatly for it! :# :#
    But since Bernice Marlohe was a completely unknown, I bet other actresses were called to several castings calls andtest screenings. And I would like to know if they thought of other actors for Q and M.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Regarding the role of Q. Barbara Broccoli said in an interview that Ben Whishaw was the only person they really thought of. When approached he said yes. Australian models Jessica Gomes and Nicole Trunfio were both apparently screentested, possibly for the role of Severine. Romanian model Monica Gabor reportedly turned down the role played by Tonia Sotiropoulou because her husband disapproved.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Interesting. The part of the woman who Bond met while he was "dead" would suit a model just fine. But Eve had to be played by a professional actress. Does anyone know if anyone else were tested fort that role?
    I also wonder if they considered anyone else to play M. My guess would be that actors like Tom Wilinson and Ian McShane were contacted. Ther are plenty of male chararcter actors who can portray authority figures.