Does anyone know why... spoiler

does anyone know why patrice was paid so much money to shoot the guy? They could just 'slip him a mickey' or something.. was this explained or was it just 'something cool but storywise meaningless'?

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,558Chief of Staff
    schaduwoog wrote:
    does anyone know why patrice was paid so much money to shoot the guy? They could just 'slip him a mickey' or something.. was this explained or was it just 'something cool but storywise meaningless'?

Because he's a highly paid assassin ? One good at his job that doesn't leave a trace behind him - usually :))

For me...the guy was killed by Patrice - and not by the guards with Severine so there was no trace back to either Severine and then Silva....perhaps Silva decided he wanted to keep the painting...or sell it again...or maybe he was just keeping Patrice busy - a sweetener - for getting him the hard-drive...?...

Plus it was a great looking and cool sequence that moved the story on -{ :))
    YNWA 97
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Plus it was a great looking and cool sequence that moved the story on -{ :))

That pretty much sums up what it was meant to be all about. Style over substance.

My best guess is this. Silva knew that MI6 were on to Patrice and they would have agents on the lookout for him, so he made it easy for Patrice to be found by setting up this job to kill the art dealer/buyer. The art dealer/buyer was the unknowing bait. Patrice was meant to be captured or killed as part of Silva's extravagant plan that would lead to his own capture, escape, and then assassination of M at the public enquiry.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I agree with Moore Than, Patrice was set up By Silva to be a Lead for MI6 to follow
    and help his plan along. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    Patrice was a "bread crumb" - I can see that.
  • schaduwoogschaduwoog Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    Ok. thnx for your opinions everybody!