**SPOILER** Tube Train

Dr. NowtDr. Nowt Eastern EnglandPosts: 21MI6 Agent
Is it coincidence that all the carriages that Bond travels through in order to get to Silva on the tube are numerical palindromes with the exception of Silva's. Could just be a coincidence but it bugged the hell out of me!

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    Now I have to go see Skyfall again. Never noticed this at my first viewing.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Could have some sort of symbolism (QOS was full of it ) :#
    then again sometimes "A Toyota's a Toyota." :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Didn't notice that - well spotted though, I'm guessing the carriages are mix of the ones they built on set and real LU ones when they did the live filming?
  • Dr. NowtDr. Nowt Eastern EnglandPosts: 21MI6 Agent
    I think I only noticed it becuase I have a kind of numeracy OCD. Numbers have to add up to a specific total, have to be in certain sequences etc. This time though it turned out useful(?)
    Went and saw it again today, still didn't notice the carriage numbers and I specifically looked for them. Oh well, some other things I missed from the first viewing caught my eye. And one other thing bothered me. I'll just mention it here and hopefully someone will see it. During the attack on Skyfall, M is injured, but they don't show when. The last time we saw her before going into the Priest Hole she was asked of she was o.k. She said she was and didn't appear to be in pain. Next thing we see is her in the priest hole clutching her bloody side. Did I miss something?
  • schaduwoogschaduwoog Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Went and saw it again today, still didn't notice the carriage numbers and I specifically looked for them. Oh well, some other things I missed from the first viewing caught my eye. And one other thing bothered me. I'll just mention it here and hopefully someone will see it. During the attack on Skyfall, M is injured, but they don't show when. The last time we saw her before going into the Priest Hole she was asked of she was o.k. She said she was and didn't appear to be in pain. Next thing we see is her in the priest hole clutching her bloody side. Did I miss something?

Yeah she was shot by a henchman in the skyfall house. When she was near the arch.
    schaduwoog wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

Yeah she was shot by a henchman in the skyfall house. When she was near the arch.

Must of been really quick since I missed it. She didn't appear to be in pain when going into the Priest Hole. I figured it had to be when she and Kincaide hid behind the arch. I knew there was gunfire. Perhaps it was from Silva firing from the helicopter?
    Mr Martini wrote:

The numbers are shown above the doors as Bond moves from carriage to carriage.
    Dr. Nowt wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

The numbers are shown above the doors as Bond moves from carriage to carriage.

I'll wait for the DVD release to check it out. Thanks for pointing out where to look.
    Numbers are:

96469 (Silva enters carriage)
    96469 (Shown looking back at Bond)

Probably doesn't mean a thing.
    edited January 2013
    Interestingly (coincidentally), numbers 96469, 96669 and 96424 all come up as image numbers on the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe website.

96469 - Action Against Terrorism Unit - speaks for itself
    96669 - Parliamentary Assembly - interesting seeing as the train is heading to Westminster
    96424 - Some bloke giving a talk or something while his successor looks on - 'M' and Mallory perhaps?
  • ChromeJobChromeJob Durham, NC USAPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    Are they electronic numbers? Some train systems, the first digits are the number of the train, followed by car numbers.
    20130316-5278_kingston_corvusbond_pussyposter_80x65.png
    “It reads better than it lives.” T. Case
  • ChromeJobChromeJob Durham, NC USAPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    Watching the movie on BD this weekend ... the palindrome clue might just be a more obvious clue than one thinks. Think of Bond, and Silva (late of Station H Hong Kong) ... aren't they sort of two sides of the same coin? Sort of like Picard and Shinzon in STAR TREK NEMESIS?
    20130316-5278_kingston_corvusbond_pussyposter_80x65.png
    “It reads better than it lives.” T. Case