Sky1 - Top 22 Bond Moments

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
This aired today on Sky1 in the UK, did anyone else see it?

Skyfall was excluded from the list (as it premired after the votes were cast).
Here were the rankings:

22 - OP (India car chase)
21 - FYEO (Melina's car chase)
20 - DAF (Vegas car chase)
19 - TLD (Cello chase)
18 - TB (Underwater fight)
17 - MR (Falling without a parachute)
16 - AVTAK (Paris car chase)
15 - YOLT (Little Nellie sequence)
14 - DAD (Jinx coming out of sea)
13 - FRWL (Train fight)
12 - LTK (Tanker chase)
11 - TND (Remote control car chase)
10 - OHMSS (Tracy's death)
9 - TWINE (Q's farewell)
8 - QOS (Car chase PTS)
7 - LALD (Bond stepping on crocodiles)
6 - GE (Tank chase)
5 - TMWTGG (Car flip/stunt)
4 - CR (Construction site chase)
3 - DN (Bond's intro scene)
2 - TSWLM (Parachute PTS)
1 - GF (Laser scene)

My thoughts:

- I'm shocked that OP lost out on this
- There are so many better scenes in TLD than that daft cello chase
- AVTAK too low as usual, and I would have chose the golden gate fight anyway
- DAD's scene is awful IMO, and I would have gone for the fencing fight instead
- FRWL is unusually low
- Can't agree with QOS's PTS, I never liked it
- TMWTGG WAY to high. Without the slide whistle then maybe...
- For DN, even though the bond intro is good, I would have still gone for Honey's intro
- TSWLM PTS is very worthy
- GF again, surprise surprise (yawn) - In all fairness it's a good scene, but GF always tops every list and that just bores me
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    I thought that choosing the Halle Berry scene in Die Another Day was a poor choice. The hover craft scene or car chase on ice were better. Just glad the wind-surfing scene wasn't chosen.
    Agree that FRWL should have been higher
    I think the Goldfinger scene was good but the intro to the DB5 should have been used
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Kent007 wrote:
    I thought that choosing the Halle Berry scene in Die Another Day was a poor choice. The hover craft scene or car chase on ice were better. Just glad the wind-surfing scene wasn't chosen.
    Agree that FRWL should have been higher
    I think the Goldfinger scene was good but the intro to the DB5 should have been used

Agreed. The fact that they put the DAD scene in there, but not the DN scene that it imitated... kind of annoyed me. Especially considering that I think Honey is the best bond girl ever while Jinx is the worst ever...(IMO)
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,306MI6 Agent
    Well, it's one scene per film remember. Anyway don't take it too seriously, none of us lot voted on it. Face it, either the Astro Jet or the train Berlin chase is better than the India taxi chase in OP.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Well, it's one scene per film remember. Anyway don't take it too seriously, none of us lot voted on it. Face it, either the Astro Jet or the train Berlin chase is better than the India taxi chase in OP.

I guess I meant shocked that OP in general had the lowest-voted scene, rather than that actual scene in particular. Yes, the train Berlin chase is magnificent. That's definitely the scene in OP that I would have gone for.