Re-issue of barbour jacket as official accurate Bond jacket

Comments

• edmarriottedmarriott Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Not so. I have an email in my inbox from Barbour UK customer service confirming this. The name of the jacket style will be 'commander' according to her

The Mantis wrote:
    Barbour HQ still denies this.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    edmarriott wrote:
    Not so. I have an email in my inbox from Barbour UK customer service confirming this. The name of the jacket style will be 'commander' according to her

The Mantis wrote:
    Barbour HQ still denies this.

This would be cool if this happens as I missed out on the Tokito.

BTW found this online, a Barbour jacket already named Commander...

http://www.seasonsclothing.co.uk/menswear/item/Barbour/Barbour-Olive-Commander-Short-Jacket/7VD

1_Front_16062.jpg
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    Not far off, wouldn't take a tailor much to alter and you have the same jacket. probably cheaper too
    Here's the confirmation i had from barbour:

Untitled_9_page_1.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Not to be negative but I notice that they said "different version"

That could really mean literally anything, diff colour, diff design etc like the other items which get reissued for a diff season.

I would still try and hunt one down for retail price if you really want the SA
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Not to be negative but I notice that they said "different version"

That could really mean literally anything, diff colour, diff design etc like the other items which get reissued for a diff season.

I would still try and hunt one down for retail price if you really want the SA

Yeah, fair point. I guess we read what we want to see!
    True true, Although seems my contact was right.
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    so the commander that the guy posted above is already out. I saw the PDF from barbourbymail.co.uk, its listed at 200 quid.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Looks like pre orders are gonna be taken for this new jacket, like at http://onwardreserve.com/clothing/commander-jacket

...this is gonna cause no end to the confusion of getting the right jacket.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Yeah that is not SA at all. Strange they are even marketing it that way.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Looks big style wise and not waxed???????

Surely thats not IT lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    TheExit148 wrote:
    Yeah that is not SA at all. Strange they are even marketing it that way.

Look up the barbour stock version of the jacket. If you're looking for an alternative, I think that it's better than the "commander" jacket above.
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    im sorry guys but that jacket looks NOTHING like the bond one. I mean, they are two totally seperate jackets. Its as if a member here was trying to find a similiar budget alternative and even if this was that, I would still shoot it down. But to market it as a skyfall piece and then charge $750...wow, i just feel sorry for the chaps going to buy this..
  • scotty8692scotty8692 Posts: 137MI6 Agent
    Yeah, you don't get all the cool 'special' features either-poacher pocket, detachable hood, etc, either....
  • CrwilsnCrwilsn Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    Anyone think barbour may be reusing the name of the old jacket for a new more SA one? Sites that want to do a preorder have nothing but the old commander jacket to go by so that is the picture they are using. I don't think Barbour is so deceptive as to put out a jacket that is not pretty close and promote the Bond connection.
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    Hello guys,

Has onyone got to the bottom of this yet?

I have been trying to buy the jacket posted above but can not find it in stock anywhere on line (including Barbour by Mail). I phoned Barbour and gave the model name "Commander" and was called back after 2 hours and told that the jacket was not out yet and wont be released until early July (at "£400ish).

I am pretty sure they are talking about the re-issue jacket and not the one labeld "Commander" above or am I wrong?

(this is the one I want to buy http://www.lifetimetraining.co.uk/apprenticeships/view-all-apprenticeships/programmes/customer-service-l2/)
    Vandrell, what's the confusion? The Skyfall version of the Commander jacket is apparently part of the AW2013 collection so won't be available for months....
    Sorry, I meant SS2013
    edmarriott wrote:
    Vandrell, what's the confusion? The Skyfall version of the Commander jacket is apparently part of the AW2013 collection so won't be available for months....

It could be me confusing myself 8-)

So the one in the picture IS of the re-issue they are going to be releasing?
  • TimmyHTimmyH Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    edited February 2013
    Edit: content removed
    V, the link you posted doesnt work so I cant see what you are referring to.

However, the Onward Reserve link a little higher up looks like what the jacket would look like with all the stuff taken off like they did in SF.

THIS jacket is not on the barbour website so i dont know where they got their information from. I would just keep checking with Barbour to see whether they have a release date......
  • Bomber133Bomber133 Posts: 46MI6 Agent
    Is this not the same jacket as discussed by Northshields on the Lodge Jacket thread? If so, it is supposed to be coming AW2013 - see post 1,556.

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/38733/skyfall-lodge-jacket/page/63/

Part of the new Barbour Department (B) line apparently - see post 1,593

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/38733/skyfall-lodge-jacket/page/64/
    edmarriott wrote:
    V, the link you posted doesnt work so I cant see what you are referring to.

However, the Onward Reserve link a little higher up looks like what the jacket would look like with all the stuff taken off like they did in SF.

THIS jacket is not on the barbour website so i dont know where they got their information from. I would just keep checking with Barbour to see whether they have a release date......

Sorry my man, posted the wrong link!

This is the jacket I was after:

http://www.seasonsclothing.co.uk/menswe … Jacket/7VD

From what I can gather now I have had a more in depth google it has been discontinued. I was confused because when I phoned Barbour they must have been referring to the leaked one above. May just have to bite the bullet and go for that one now.
  • I never missI never miss EnglandPosts: 47MI6 Agent
  • titou2k4titou2k4 Posts: 57MI6 Agent
    hi i can hive 3 barbour size M

Price 700£ PM me
    ? of the tokito or commander?
  • titou2k4titou2k4 Posts: 57MI6 Agent
    alphaagent wrote:
    ? of the tokito or commander?

It is tokito redition limited
  • I never missI never miss EnglandPosts: 47MI6 Agent
    Can anyone please explain to me why my comment and some others have been edited? I wasn't aware that I said anything out of turn or endorsed anything!
    Can anyone please explain to me why my comment and some others have been edited? I wasn't aware that I said anything out of turn or endorsed anything!
    where?