DAF song on the film itself

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
I haven't seen this discussed before.... but howcome the DAF song on the film itself (on the main title sequence) is really out of sync/time with itself? It's the main xylophone-esque riff, that is out of sync with the rest of the song. I was wondering if it was my copy of the DVD, so I watched the DAF intro on youtube, and again, the same problem. However, the song itself (mp3 or whatever) is perfectly in sync.... it's just it's appearance on the film, on the main title sequence. What happened there? Has no-one else noticed this?
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,368Chief of Staff
    I've seen this film an uncountable number of times- first in the cinema, then on Tv, Betamax, VHS, DVD, Special Edition, Ultimate Edition... - and I've not noticed this problem.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    It's only on the main title sequence. And it's only the xylophone-like instrument for the main riff (the same 8 notes recurring). Maybe it's meant to sound like that and just doesn't sit well with my ears then lol.... but as I said, it seems fine on the actual song outside of the film (and score variations within the film too)
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • LoGabrielleLoGabrielle IrelandPosts: 111MI6 Agent
    Haven't noticed that but I was watching it today and thought that the movie version sounded different to the mp3. Madonna's voice sounds different
    "You were fantastic! We're free!"
    "Kara, we're inside a Russian airbase in the middle of Afghanistan."
  • NeverSayDieNeverSayDie Posts: 495MI6 Agent
    It's a different cut. The music seems faster to me.
    Madonna's voice sounds different

It's Shirley Bassey singing DAF- Madonna sings BAD... er, DAD.
  • LoGabrielleLoGabrielle IrelandPosts: 111MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Madonna's voice sounds different

It's Shirley Bassey singing DAF- Madonna sings BAD... er, DAD.
    *facepalms* Thank you! I misread that. Must have been distracted. Apologies ;%
    "You were fantastic! We're free!"
    "Kara, we're inside a Russian airbase in the middle of Afghanistan."
    :) No problems. Welcome to the music forum!