Sir John Sawers

CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
Anyone seen the current head of SIS Sir John Sawers? When I saw his image
I immediately thought of Fiennes as the new M. Could it be possible they chose Fiennes for M. since he appears to be about the same age as Sawers and they were trying to stay current with SIS today?

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,272MI6 Agent
    He looks a bit of a numpty. Wasn't he the guy who posed in his underpants on facebook or something? A quick google shows he's not one to keep his mouth shut.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    He looks a bit of a numpty. Wasn't he the guy who posed in his underpants on facebook or something? A quick google shows he's not one to keep his mouth shut.

Apparently his wife layed out their family's personal life on Facebook as many millions do (holiday images, etc.), but without using any security filters! Brilliant, right? That's how images of him in a swimsuit at the beach showed up in the tabloids. I just saw them after you mentioned this (never heard about it before). No mention of him in underwear. You can imagine the "conversation" he had with his wife when this came out!
  • TecoloteTecolote Mississippi,USAPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    It is a little sobering to realize that I am a good many years older than the current head of SIS, having read my first Bond novel,
    DR NO in 1961...

Regards,

Tecolote
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,276Chief of Staff
    Tecolote wrote:
    It is a little sobering to realize that I am a good many years older than the current head of SIS, having read my first Bond novel,
    DR NO in 1961...

Regards,

Tecolote

Beats me by 5 years!