Bond at the Academy Awards

drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
A nice 50 years of Bond tribute at the Academy Awards tonight in Hollywood. Wonderfull performances by Shirley Bassey and Adele!

Comments

• Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    A You Tube video of the Oscars 50th birthday tribute to James Bond featuring Dame Shirley Bassey performing Goldfinger.

Oscars 2013 James Bond tribute Shirley Bassey
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sAQGf_xd_9s
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • salt _ 2000salt _ 2000 Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Is there any way of seeing this Oscars James bond tribute for those who don’t have sky

I find the increasing unavailability of the Oscars irritating.

I also think its true to say the Bafta in the Royal opera house now out class the Oscars
    There over playing there cards by making it impossible to watch.!!!!!
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Dame Shirley and Adele were definitely highlights. Other than that, I found the tribute to be very disappointing. My heart first started to sink when they said it was a tribute to the James Bond music - I thought it was going to be more about the series in general. Then to make matters worse, the only music featured in the montage of clips was the James Bond Theme and Live And Let Die. How is that a tribute to 50 years of James Bond films and music? ?:)
    drum007 wrote:
    A nice 50 years of Bond tribute at the Academy Awards tonight in Hollywood. Wonderfull performances by Shirley Bassey and Adele!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    What a waste of hype. Adele was good (but the sound was poorly mixed and you could barely hear her at times) and Shirley Bassey shows that she still has it, but the rest was amateur-hour. I've seen waaaay better Bond montages on YouTube, many done at home by fans. I know that Connery prevented all the Bonds from appearing together, but they did the Avengers thing without Scarlett Johansson so why not do a Bond reunion with the ones who actually wanted to be there (Moore, Lazenby and Craig at least, I'm sure)...or an assortment of Bond greats like Ursula Andress, Honor Blackman, Richard Kiel, Judi Dench, etc? Why not have had Vic Flick live on stage playing the James Bond theme? If it was genuinely a tribute to Bond music, why not also have had Tom Jones or Nancy Sinatra or Duran Duran, etc etc? One more at least. It was nice that they remembered but it was hardly worth bothering apart from Dame Shirley!
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    I agree. For 50 years, come on! Bring everyone back.