Michael Fassbender

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    The One With The Fake Dragon
    The One With The Orient Express
    The One With Fort Knox
    The One With All The Swimming
    The One With The Fake Volcano
    The One With The Other Fella
    etc

:)) Brilliant!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) ( someone's a big fan ) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    :)) :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Dan Stevens has none of the look and toughness of Bond. Not a good suggestion.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    I'd like to see Mark Williams from the Father Brown mysteries play a villain. He's got the right look for a Bond baddie -- kinda dopey and lumpy looking all around but with cruel, judgmental eyes. Like Goldfinger, he isn't so much physically imposing as someone who gives the impression that he would be quite ruthless in other ways to satisfy his petty needs.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Dan Stevens has none of the look and toughness of Bond. Not a good suggestion.

I don't see it either. But then, I didn't see Daniel Craig as Bond and now I'm a big fan, so..........
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    While Craig didn't fit the traditional Bond image, he did look tough. Dan Stevens has none of that.
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Seeing him in "Inglorious Bastards" and the first part of "X-Men first class" leaves little to the imagination. He will be considered, no doubt about it. He will be 40 in 2017, good age to begin, after a very successful ten year Craig period.
    Muston wrote:
    Would be my choice as the new villain. In another world he even has the right looks to be Bond. He has a very cold look about him.

Fassbender? villain? what a waste of a perfect Bond. Besides, he would be too much like Gustav Graves.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    He's the only actor I can see taking over after Craig.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Seeing him in "Inglorious Bastards" and the first part of "X-Men first class" leaves little to the imagination. He will be considered, no doubt about it. He will be 40 in 2017, good age to begin, after a very successful ten year Craig period.

With the time lag between Bond films these days being anywhere from 2 to 3 years, even if Craig's last Bond film is released in 2017, the next film (especially with a new actor) probably isn't out until 2020 which would make Fassbender 43.
    IMO, Fassbender would make an excellent Bond however EON may prefer someone with a longer shelf life than two or three fims. Of course Fassbender could be one of those people who maintain a younger appearence well into their 50's .
    HowardB wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

With the time lag between Bond films these days being anywhere from 2 to 3 years, even if Craig's last Bond film is released in 2017, the next film (especially with a new actor) probably isn't out until 2020 which would make Fassbender 43.
    IMO, Fassbender would make an excellent Bond however EON may prefer someone with a longer shelf life than two or three fims. Of course Fassbender could be one of those people who maintain a younger appearence well into their 50's .

Craig was 37 when he was cast for CR (and not a very youthful looking 37 at that), but it was a reboot, so even if Craig did another film after Bond 24 in 2015 (which might not happen), 43 would be a totally acceptable age to cast Fassbender. Appart from the 60s Bonds, Bonds are cast in their early 40s: Moore,45; Dalton,40; Brosnan, 42. Plus, being slim built, and in great shape will help Fassbender. He is no doubt in the short list.
    Lazenby had barely turned 30 when he did OHMSS
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I belive the next actor to play Bond will be someone born in the 1980's. The first movie with a new Bond will be released around 2020, give or take a year or two. An actor born between 1980 and 1990 will be in his 30's then, a good age for a starting Bond actor. If he is born in the late 1970's or even very early in the 90's it could work too, but an actor born in the 80's is the best bet.
    For that reason I hope I've seen the last post where Clive Owen (born 1964) is suggeste as Bond #7 :))
    Number24 wrote:
    I belive the next actor to play Bond will be someone born in the 1980's. The first movie with a new Bond will be released around 2020, give or take a year or two. An actor born between 1980 and 1990 will be in his 30's then, a good age for a starting Bond actor. If he is born in the late 1970's or even very early in the 90's it could work too, but an actor born in the 80's is the best bet.
    For that reason I hope I've seen the last post where Clive Owen (born 1964) is suggeste as Bond #7 :))

Moore born in the 20s, Connery/Lazenby 30s,Dalton 40s,Brosnan 50s,Craig 60s,...Why skip the 70s? The perfect age to cast a Bond (provided the franchise is not a reboot again) is early 40s. If they have a new Bond by 2017-2020 that would mean someone born in the late 70s, not 80s, and certainly not the 90s.

Owen will never be Bond (never mind my avatar). His chance was CR and even then he was slightly old.

The early 30s of the 60s is the early 40s nowadays.
    Virgil37 wrote:

The early 30s of the 60s is the early 40s nowadays.

Agree with you there....many actors in great shape and looking much younger well into their 40's and 50's these days.
    However, I do believe Craig is under contract for one more after 24...but that might not be etched in stone but it seems to be the general belief.
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Moore born in the 20s, Connery/Lazenby 30s,Dalton 40s,Brosnan 50s,Craig 60s,...Why skip the 70s? The perfect age to cast a Bond (provided the franchise is not a reboot again) is early 40s. If they have a new Bond by 2017-2020 that would mean someone born in the late 70s, not 80s, and certainly not the 90s.

Owen will never be Bond (never mind my avatar). His chance was CR and even then he was slightly old.

To quote myself: "If he is born in the late 1970's or even very early in the 90's it could work too, but an actor born in the 80's is the best bet." Michael Fassbender (born 1977) will just be young enough by that time, but only just.
  • L JonesL Jones Posts: 131MI6 Agent
    I don't think Michael Fassbender is interested in portraying Bond. Not after earning an Academy Award nod.
    With the gaps between films these days, there'd be plenty of time for
    Him to make strawberry jam of ......... Sorry wrong quote :)) There'd
    Be plenty of time to go off and do the odd " Academy " type film. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I think Fassbender is simply too famous to be cast as Bond. I just used his age as an example.
    :)) I do actually Agree with you, Fassbender is now too big for Bond.
    L Jones wrote:
    I don't think Michael Fassbender is interested in portraying Bond. Not after earning an Academy Award nod.

Bond and Academy Awards are not incompatible. Halle Berry knows, she picked up the Oscar, the next day (I think literally) she was shooting DAD in an orange bikini. I saw an interview where he implies that he would like to play 007 some time ago, I don't know about now.
    I would not just assume that any "serious" actor would just dismiss the opportunity to be Bond. For an actor with the range of Fassbender, there would be life during and after Bond. Fassbender has already established himself as a talented actor...being Bond would not prevent him any "serious" opportunities. The important thing would be to keep the "grittier" (I'm starting to hate that word) style of Bond film. IMO, Fassbender could portray a very cold, cruel and violent Bond while also pulling off a contemporary take on the classic cultured (with a touch of snobbery) English Gentleman. That duality would be something to play upon with a new Bond actor to differentiate from the Craig films which tend to play upon glimpses of Bond's past and how he came to be.
    The Thing is, an Actor who plays Bond needs to have certain Qualities to him. Otherwise any old Actor would be playing the Character. For instance, you cant cast Jim Carry in the Role :))
    I don't think the seriousness of the actor is the main thing here. After all Dalton loves playing Shakespeare in theatres. I certainly don't think Fassbender is too serious to play Bond - he's in X-men! My point was that he is too famous to play Bond now. We want people to talk about going to see the new Bond, not the new Fassbender movie. He is also too expensive to hire by now.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    Fassbender is too famous to play Bond now. We want people to talk about going to see the new Bond, not the new Fassbender movie. He is also too expensive to hire by now.

True, I fear- the same as what happened with Hugh Jackman several years ago.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I love watching Fassbender in films however if people have concerns about DC looking old (which seems to be the case) then I can't see Fassbender fair much better as to me he seems to have aged pretty fast over the last few years :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Number24 wrote:
    My point was that he is too famous to play Bond now. We want people to talk about going to see the new Bond, not the new Fassbender movie. He is also too expensive to hire by now.

So when someone goes to see the new X-Men movie they call it "the new Fassbender movie"? No, they call it the new X-Men movie, because the characters are well known, the franchise is well known, it's been around for a number of years... Now, take X-Men, quadruple it and you're still not near the iconic 007.

If Fassbender was cast as Bond, no one would go to see "the new Fassbender movie", they would go to see the new Bond movie, IMO.