Little niggles

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Agreed, a man in the position of Drax. I'm sure would have many contacts in various governments. So
    Would be able to acquire, much information.
    Scaramanga, like wise would always have a plan B even C for escape ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Besides, the speed of scarramangas junk would have made it a terrible get away vehicle, especially with bond in pursuit in the hornet.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I've always thought Drax phones a handler, who arranges assassins.
    Scarramanga would have multiple escape routes I'm sure, he also has other employees so maybe one of them brought the boat back??
    Cant answer how a spy with the British secret service has such a well known reputation??? Maybe whoever explained to Drax they were sending an agent to investigate his shuttle disappearing assured Drax they were sending the best?

Yes, that's how I've always read that line, anyway. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Also, why does Drax say Bond's reputation proceeds him? I know Lazar says it to him, but that's understandable as someone like him would have probably heard about someone like Bond. But why Drax? He doesn't work with any criminal organisations, so he wouldn't know who Bond is.

During Moore's tenure, Bond is an overt agent, not a secret agent. Many people know who Bond is because he is so well-travelled.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    IanT wrote:
    How involved in Spectre was M (Dench) - it always niggles me that she sent Bond that video telling him to go to the funeral. She didn't give anything clearer. It was as if Bond had to join the dots because M couldn't tell him everything without being exposed.

Or just crap plot points.

Obviously, EON wanted to get one more pay day for Judi Dench, which was sweet of them.

I thought the whole tape thing was kind of dumb. Wouldn't the better plan have been to capture Sciarra and interrogate him rather than kill him and see who shows up at the funeral?

A better way to go would have been for Bond to kill him in the process of trying to capture him, then go to the funeral (and skip Bond going rogue, we didn't need that in every Craig film).

I would've liked to see Bond flirt with Lucia Sciarra at the funeral (how Bond, he kills a guy and then flirts with the widow at the funeral) and he and Lucia fight off the bad guys together and then go to bed (gun play as foreplay). It felt awkward the way it happened in the film.
    One little niggle that always annoys me, is when people compare the end of
    SF, to Home Alone X-( , there are many films that have a " Protecting the Home"
    sequence. With characters having to make "Home made weapons" etc.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,224MI6 Agent

Definitely more Straw Dogs than Home Alone.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Spectre --- The entire film... :p

Okay some specific "little niggles".

1) There certainly seems to be a lot of snow and very cold weather in Austria during the first week in November.

2) Why would Bond take off his mask and Day of the Dead costume before going out on his assassination mission? The blond man in a skinny blue Tom Ford suit seems very conspicuous.
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Why would Nick Nack care if the explosion was accidental or not? It's Goodnight's fault his home was destroyed.

Your fault…my fault…nobody's fault… all i meant is that Bond was not Nick Nack's natural enemy and vice-versa.
    As for the happier ending, I would have liked to see Nick lead them to the dock and help untie the junk ship. Maybe that's cuz I'm a softie and like seeing the baddies turn good at the end. ;)
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
    Also, why does Drax say Bond's reputation proceeds him?

Well, considering Drax plays bridge with the minister of defense it's not too surprising.

Who does Drax call when he hires Jaws? The rent-a-henchman service?

Yes.
    My current 10 favorite:

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,335Chief of Staff
    Gala Brand wrote:
    IanT wrote:
    How involved in Spectre was M (Dench) - it always niggles me that she sent Bond that video telling him to go to the funeral. She didn't give anything clearer. It was as if Bond had to join the dots because M couldn't tell him everything without being exposed.

Or just crap plot points.

Obviously, EON wanted to get one more pay day for Judi Dench, which was sweet of them.

I thought the whole tape thing was kind of dumb. Wouldn't the better plan have been to capture Sciarra and interrogate him rather than kill him and see who shows up at the funeral?

A better way to go would have been for Bond to kill him in the process of trying to capture him, then go to the funeral (and skip Bond going rogue, we didn't need that in every Craig film).

I would've liked to see Bond flirt with Lucia Sciarra at the funeral (how Bond, he kills a guy and then flirts with the widow at the funeral) and he and Lucia fight off the bad guys together and then go to bed (gun play as foreplay). It felt awkward the way it happened in the film.

+1, all good points. This would have meant more screen time for Monica Bellucci (which is obviously a good thing) and given the film a better flow. I did enjoy DJD's cameo, though.

While we're on the subject of Skyfall, I'm annoyed about the complaint, "How could Silva have planned everything out."

This usually refers to the underground bomb.

It's obvious that Silva planned this out for months, planning for every contingency. He probably had bombs planted all over London, he just headed for the nearest one as he tried to escape from Bond. Then he delayed Bond long enough for the train to show up.

The fact that Silva was prepared to blow up most of London is why M and Bond had to go where there were no people.
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Q says that Q branch don't really go in for exploding pens any more, yet he gives Bond the more unrealistic exploding watch and gadget laiden car with ejector seat by Spectre. Just feels completely different to the kind of Q branch set up in Skyfall.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Q says that Q branch don't really go in for exploding pens any more, yet he gives Bond the more unrealistic exploding watch and gadget laiden car with ejector seat by Spectre. Just feels completely different to the kind of Q branch set up in Skyfall.
    Now that you mention it that does seem like a massive contradiction to what he said in SF.
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Now that you mention it that does seem like a massive contradiction to what he said in SF.

Somewhat true.

The thing is that the gadgets in the Aston aren't glamorous, the switches for them could be created in a high school. I think that's the more realistic approach...
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Speaking of the db10 why would q not load any ammunition for rear guns? 009 was there to collect the car first thing and one assumes bond stole it late at night.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Perhaps with cut backs, it would be cheaper for 009 to buy his
    ammunition at Walmart ? Or as with good gun care, Q didn't want to
    leave a "loaded" weapon lying about ? :)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

But how would Q know that the next film would be an homage to the 1960s Bond films? :D
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Felix Leiter in LTK not picking up on the hints that Sanchez only wants to disable him and not kill him. "There are worse things than dying." Etc.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    This is the OCD of me, but it annoys me how the two women at the very end of the AVTAK title sequence are centred, they're a bit to the left.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    Felix Leiter in LTK not picking up on the hints that Sanchez only wants to disable him and not kill him. "There are worse things than dying." Etc.

I mentioned this one earlier (see quote below), but I'm glad someone else agrees! :))
    Firemass wrote:
    LTK:

When Leiter is being lowered into the shark pit, there is a comic misunderstanding between him and Sanchez about whether or not Leiter will be killed.  "There are worse things than death"  "See you in hellllllll"   Leiter does not pick up on the multiple hints that he will only be wounded.  This must have been frustrating for Sanchez as he was running out of clever ways to say it.
    My current 10 favorite:

Plus the fact that he seems pretty happy at the end of the movie as if nothing had happened to his wife... 8-)
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."

Yeah, I would've preferred that the watch be an electro-magnetic pulse emitter and Bond fried Blofeld's room full of computers.
    Plus the fact that he seems pretty happy at the end of the movie as if nothing had happened to his wife... 8-)

He was probably excited to hear that Sanchez got freakin torched by the special lighter.

I know I would be!
    My current 10 favorite:

• thenoisydrumthenoisydrum Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    Ever since I was a kid I noticed the obvious use of a dummy in the scene in FYEO when Bond is in the helicopter and has Blofeld in the wheelchair, the close up where he says "keep your hair on".
    Then in another scene, where they are not using a dummy, it is obvious that the stunt man playing Blofeld has a "thing" over his head to make him look bald. I say "thing" as I have no idea what to call it. The complete opposite of a wig, I guess!
    You can see it stretching at the back of his neck.
    Blofeld has a "thing" over his head to make him look bald. I say "thing" as I have no idea what to call it.

Skullcap.
    Blofeld in that entire PTS is a niggle for me.

"Better make that two."
    As everyone knows the PTS was added on as a way of introducing a new actor as Bond and as
    A quick visual way way of connecting the new face of Bond to the past movies. I also think with
    The tone of FYEO changing to a more realistic one after the fantasy elements if MR, it was a way
    Of trying to connect it with the last "classic" Bond film OHMSS ?
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Thunderpussy I am amazed by your new avatar, such grace and style!
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    One of my comedy heroes Les Dawson. -{