Bond 24 title suggestions

18910111214»

Comments

• Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Does anyone expect last minute surprises, as in "whoa, I never expected that title,not in a million years", or a totally original title no one's ever heard of? Or are most of us all expecting a Fleming title?
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Does anyone expect last minute surprises, as in "whoa, I never expected that title,not in a million years", or a totally original title no one's ever heard of? Or are most of us all expecting a Fleming title?

Well I have a feeling it will be a Fleming title. Either Risico or TPOAL. Just a feeling...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm expecting Risico ! Simply because of the Rome/ Italy location. :))
    But I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever they come up with, although
    I would wish it to be a Fleming title. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I'm expecting Risico ! Simply because of the Rome/ Italy location. :))
    But I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever they come up with, although
    I would wish it to be a Fleming title. -{

It's basically between Risico and TPOAL. Risico because, as you said, the Italy locations, and TPOAL because of Monica Bellucci.

I really hope it's one of these, both are good Fleming titles.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • The_Black_007The_Black_007 Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    I'm actually really surprised that the title has not been leaked/discovered yet. Mind you- after what happened with QoS and Skyfall,maybe they got wise. I think it's highly unlikely they'll use a Fleming title (ie Risico, POAL etc) and I hope they don't to be honest. As long as it sounds good- an original title is fine by me!
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
    M - "Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture 007!"
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    I'm actually really surprised that the title has not been leaked/discovered yet. Mind you- after what happened with QoS and Skyfall,maybe they got wise. I think it's highly unlikely they'll use a Fleming title (ie Risico, POAL etc) and I hope they don't to be honest. As long as it sounds good- an original title is fine by me!

The problem is original titles tend to be pale imitations of the best Fleming titles. Brosnan movies suffered from that (TND,DAD). I'd rather not have any "lives","dies","kills","gold-whatever"...

Skyfall was a good original title though.

I'm surprised too it didn't leak and I suspect that's because they just didn't want it to for whatever reason.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I hope it is Risico -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Virgil37 wrote:

The problem is original titles tend to be pale imitations of the best Fleming titles. Brosnan movies suffered from that (TND,DAD). I'd rather not have any "lives","dies","kills","gold-whatever"...

I'm surprised too it didn't leak and I suspect that's because they just didn't want it to for whatever reason.

I hear what you're saying with regards to original titles- some of the Brosnan ones were terrible but like I said, as long as it sounds good- an original title would be better and I'm almost certain that's the way it will go.
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Spectre.
    Virgil37 wrote:

I hear what you're saying with regards to original titles- some of the Brosnan ones were terrible but like I said, as long as it sounds good- an original title would be better and I'm almost certain that's the way it will go.

"SPECTRE" - that is the most Fleming, non Fleming title you could've thought of - and I love that title... Fantastic!
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    Well, given that SPECTRE originated in the novels, I'd argue that it is a Fleming title. And I'm very happy about that. I certainly like this title better than Skyfall.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    Skyfall's not the greatest film title in history but it doesn't detract from how good the film is (IMO)

I'm sure the same will go for SPECTRE.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,326Chief of Staff
    This thread having come to a natural end, I'm closing it now. Looking forward to "Bond 25 title suggestions"!
This discussion has been closed.