Original Screen-used THUNDERBALL Geigher counter watch found!!!!!

Comments

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    So who'd ya nick that lodda twaddle from? :s

It was the first post I came across about plugging holes :D
  • VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    definately not Bill & Ben !
    :)
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    In that case no, but I do have a supply of codeine and diazepam if that helps :D
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    So who'd ya nick that lodda twaddle from? :s

It was the first post I came across about plugging holes :D

Was it a Deaton Post? Bit like a Lamp Post but slightly more dull! :D
  • Colonel PinstripeColonel Pinstripe UKPosts: 52MI6 Agent
    edited May 2013
    Bondtoys wrote:
    btw, I wonder what that drilled hole on the top case was for.

Maybe it's designed to insert a miniature butt plug into. :))
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent
    On a different note...the catalog should be available on/about 26th of May
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Just saw this story in the news,
    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/bond-watch-car-boot-sale-123119389.html

James Bond's geiger counter wristwatch from hit movie Thunderball has turned up following years of mystery about its whereabouts after it was found at a car boot sale.

Anyone heard anything ? :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Just saw this story in the news,
    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/bond-watch-car-boot-sale-123119389.html

James Bond's geiger counter wristwatch from hit movie Thunderball has turned up following years of mystery about its whereabouts after it was found at a car boot sale.

Anyone heard anything ? :))

Yeah, but the story broke here first. Everyone else is playing catch up!

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Hope the journo's don't get their info from AJB.....

"Lost for many years, but found by chance at a car boot sale, one of James Bond's iconic gadgets has returned to the limelight. Made from parts of a brietling watch, and machined from stainless steel, another mystery surrounding the film prop has been solved. After hours of painstaking pisstaking, researchers are lead to believe that a small hole in the watch's casing is in fact a socket into which plugs a miniature anal sex toy. Our reporter Louis Spence has been trying it on for size...."
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

"Lost for many years, but found by chance at a car boot sale, one of James Bond's iconic gadgets has returned to the limelight. Made from parts of a brietling watch, and machined from stainless steel, another mystery surrounding the film prop has been solved. After hours of painstaking pisstaking, researchers are lead to believe that a small hole in the watch's casing is in fact a socket into which plugs a miniature anal sex toy. Our reporter Louis Spence has been trying it on for size...."

:)) LOTFPML !
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Though I got there first at post #66.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

And Ed first came up with the connection in his post #55, and Bondtoys reiterated it in his post, #59.

Then you looked a bit stupid in post 72.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    edited June 2013
    minigeff wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:

And Ed first came up with the connection in his post #55, and Bondtoys reiterated it in his post, #59.

Then you looked a bit stupid in post 72.

Oh, I am sorry. My mistake. I bow before your munificence.
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    edited May 2013
    minigeff wrote:

Is that for his new bond spoof film 'For Your Rear Only'. With Yazz singing the theme tune 'The Only Way Is Up'
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    Yeah, but the story broke here first. Everyone else is playing catch up!

DG

Correct. AJB was the FIRST website I posted the info.
    Ed
    As of yesterday the news broke on 100's of websites, newspapers, etc....and AJB was 1st with this breaking news!!!!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,606Chief of Staff
    As of yesterday the news broke on 100's of websites, newspapers, etc....and AJB was 1st with this breaking news!!!!

True...its made many local papers too....so 'thank you' gentlemen -{
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    ... and still not mentioning on Dell Deatons page :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • 66cooper66cooper Posts: 71MI6 Agent
    Dell is behind the times...what a waste.

Amazing to see all the coverage this has gotten. I am so excited to see what it all means for Martin. Very cool!
    I sent all the info to Dell a few days ago. He stated he was looking forward to continuing updates as they unfold.
    Wonder who originally nicked it?

:))
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Good to see that professional journos finally get the spelling of "Geiger" right.
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent
    How come I can't get the same publicity when I post a note about Vic's guitar? :)

Very excited to see your post here, Ed.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    How come I can't get the same publicity when I post a note about Vic's guitar? :)

Very excited to see your post here, Ed.

Simple, although Vic Flick's James Bond theme guitar is interesting, you never see it in the movie Dr. No. You only hear it. Moreover, unless you are a guitar palaver, it's not an item most people would want to own. On the other hand, the Breitling Top Time Geiger counter watch is something that most people have seen on screen and that most people could envision wearing. Moreover the Top Time was a lost item, the guitar was not. In essence the Top Time has more mass appeal than Vic's guitar.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • osrisosris Posts: 558MI6 Agent
    It would be interesting to see full details of the authentication process, and some matching screen shots of the watch in the film with recent photos of the watch.
    There was only 1 thing that locked it in as the original.....the initials on the back of the casing
    V.T.C. stands for VALLEY TOOL COMPANY. They were contracted to make the casing. There was only 1 made...this is it! Peter Lamont confirmed this when he and Meg examined the watch at Christies.

Also Breitling was able to confirm that the serial number of the watch is of the time the film was made.
    Ed
    When is the auction Ed?
    June 26th - see Catalog online
  • DANSE COMMANDERDANSE COMMANDER Salo RepublicPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    Very interesting read for a collector and fan. Thank you.
    You must obey the dance commander