Mendes is coming back for Bond 24

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    osris wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I feel a disturbance in the force ! ;)

I feel someone picking up a piece of 2by4 and swinging it around a bit 8-)

You can ban me if you wish. From past experience you seem to enjoy throwing your weight as admin around, which I’ve had a few PMs about, so I’m not alone in thinking this is not a healthy way to run a forum.

I've had plenty about you too...its a pity none of the ones you've had come from real people...I'm happy to receive PM's that are both positive and negative and I'm happy to DISCUSS my actions with people...unlike yourself whom prefers to TELL people what they meant :s
    And where - EXACTLY - did I mention banning you ? Once again you COMPLETELY miss the point 8-)
    YNWA 97
  • osrisosris Posts: 558MI6 Agent
    I can assure you they are from real people—at least I assumed they were. Who knows who anyone is on this forum.
    osris wrote:
    I can assure you they are from real people—at least I assumed they were. Who knows who anyone is on this forum.

No sorry, they are not real people...and its VERY easy to find out whom is whom on the internet these days...names, addresses, etc... ;)

Oh...but will you answer my question please - instead of ignoring it ;)
    YNWA 97
    How do you know they are not real people?
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Osris, I choose my words carefully and I know what they mean. Do not condescend to me. They are clear words and if you cannot understand them, that is entirely YOUR problem and there are plenty of people who can help you.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Osris, I choose my words carefully and I know what they mean. Do not condescend to me. They are clear words and if you cannot understand them, that is entirely YOUR problem and there are plenty of people who can help you.

I am simply repeating what you said: that Skyfall is a good film because it won awards, and so people shouldn’t knock it because of that. Are you denying you said this?

Besides, you say in another thread:

“But, Barbel, don't you see we've all been brainwashed into thinking Skyfall was a good film? Indeed, Barbara Broccoli has figured out how to con us into believing a horrible movie is great; to make us all spend our hard-earned money on multiple viewings, on the Blu-Rays, the soundtrack CDs, and other bric-a-brac; to blackmail Oscar and BAFTA voters into nominating the film for multiple awards; to force the critics to praise it to the skies? My God, man, put the tinfoil on your head and you'll be able to see the truth!”

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/605576/#p605576

This shows clearly your thoughts on Skyfall in relation to awards.

And please don’t hide behind remarks about this being sarcasm, which it obviously is, but that is beside the point, as it is definitely aimed at criticising Barbel for not liking Craig or Skyfall.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,360Chief of Staff
    osris wrote:
    Hardyboy wrote:

I am simply repeating what you said: that Skyfall is a good film because it won awards, and so people shouldn’t knock it because of that. Are you denying you said this?

Besides, you say in another thread:

“But, Barbel, don't you see we've all been brainwashed into thinking Skyfall was a good film? Indeed, Barbara Broccoli has figured out how to con us into believing a horrible movie is great; to make us all spend our hard-earned money on multiple viewings, on the Blu-Rays, the soundtrack CDs, and other bric-a-brac; to blackmail Oscar and BAFTA voters into nominating the film for multiple awards; to force the critics to praise it to the skies? My God, man, put the tinfoil on your head and you'll be able to see the truth!”

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/605576/#p605576

This shows clearly your thoughts on Skyfall in relation to awards.

And please don’t hide behind remarks about this being sarcasm, which it obviously is, but that is beside the point, as it is definitely aimed at criticising Barbel for not liking Craig or Skyfall.

Once again- no, that simply is not true. I am on record as liking SF very much. I entirely understand Hardyboy's point with the remarks above: he is not criticising me in the slightest and the post has been quoted out of context. You are dead wrong with your interpretation.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I find that SF sucked :#

Hey, I have seen these huge black limousines parked in front of the AJB headoffice, now I see that all 3 mods are on duty today :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Was that your tricycle I ran over on the way in, BT? I hope it was insured.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Osris - as you refuse to answer my question I will assume that you concede that you were wrong. Again.
    YNWA 97
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    osris wrote:

Yes I am. And, as Barbel pointed out, I was being sarcastic AGAIN. I never once said that the movie is good BECAUSE it won awards. I have used its awards and critical plaudits as proof of the RESPECT the film has garnered. I have no problem with someone who says he or she objectively did not like the film; I have a problem with people who say that it's a bad film and it's only a pathetic minority who say that it's good. But I am very tired of this argument and especially tired of you. Go amuse yourself some other way.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Someone clearly does not understand the concept of sarcasm. Clearly.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    ' Irony can be pretty damn ironic at times " :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Hardyboy wrote:
    osris wrote:

Yes I am. And, as Barbel pointed out, I was being sarcastic AGAIN. I never once said that the movie is good BECAUSE it won awards. I have used its awards and critical plaudits as proof of the RESPECT the film has garnered. I have no problem with someone who says he or she objectively did not like the film; I have a problem with people who say that it's a bad film and it's only a pathetic minority who say that it's good. But I am very tired of this argument and especially tired of you. Go amuse yourself some other way.

Nevertheless, you were still using the “awards factor” to argue that SF is a good film, despite any merit it might have without it having won any awards. If it is so good, why even mention the awards, unless you think awards are always a measure of quality. FRWL, never won any awards but it is probably the best Bond film.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Osris - as you refuse to answer my question I will assume that you concede that you were wrong. Again.

I only answer serious questions.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    osris wrote:
    If it is so good, why even mention the awards, unless you think awards are always a measure of quality.

Good point, I got a cycle proficiancy award once, but when on a pushy I still look like an orangutan trying to mount a squirrel.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Someone clearly does not understand the concept of sarcasm. Clearly.

Are you saying that hardyboy wasn’t being serious in saying SF was good because of its awards? He’s admitted he thinks it was good and that the awards demonstrate this. In light of this, then, his use of sarcasm is very peculiar. Sarcasm is usually used to say one thing but imply the opposite. I don’t think he was doing this. His “sarcastic” remarks were very much in agreement with what he has now admitted are his views on SF—that it is a good film and has won awards. So as you say “Someone clearly does not understand the concept of sarcasm”.
    The sound of the point being missed. Again. Osris, kindly drop this repetitive line; I don't think any more explanations will help.
    osris wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

It was a serious question, although I'm not surprised you can't understand that....you made an accusation against me - without foundation - and now you have been found out as the charlatan you are.
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    osris wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

It was a serious question, although I'm not surprised you can't understand that....you made an accusation against me - without foundation - and now you have been found out as the charlatan you are.

What is your question, my insecure friend?
    osris wrote:

You mean apart from 'why does Matron allow you access to the hospital computer' ?

I'm not surprised you can't remember though...you've tied yourself up in knots...
    YNWA 97
    Ah a practitioner of Kinbaku. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Sir Miles wrote:
    osris wrote:

You mean apart from 'why does Matron allow you access to the hospital computer' ?

I'm not surprised you can't remember though...you've tied yourself up in knots...

Is this your question?

“And where - EXACTLY - did I mention banning you? Once again you COMPLETELY miss the point”

If so, then why did you ask it? I never said that you said you would ban me. I merely said that you could ban me if you wanted to, given you and find everything I say disagreeable.
    osris wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    osris wrote:

Is this your question?

“And where - EXACTLY - did I mention banning you? Once again you COMPLETELY miss the point”

If so, then why did you ask it? I never said that you said you would ban me. I merely said that you could ban me if you wanted to, given you and find everything I say disagreeable.

Why would I ban you ? And how do you surmise that I find EVERYTHING you say disagreeable ? Silly and immature you may be, but that's not a reason to ban someone....neither is missing the point of someone else's posts....

I'm happy to discuss your grievances via the PM function - and therefore allow a semblance of intelligent conversation to break out here....
    YNWA 97
    and therefore allow a semblance of intelligent conversation to break out here.

Did someone call ? :))
    and therefore allow a semblance of intelligent conversation to break out here.

Did someone call ? :))

Look...I knew it was a long shot...but I was desperate...ok ? :))
    YNWA 97
    I thought Mendes did a fine job with Skyfall my only real problem is the
    wait for Bond's next outing. I do wish they could get back to a new film
    every two years.
    What? An on-topic post?

(I've forgotten what to do when that happens)

Er... I agree, TP!
    Sir Miles wrote:
    osris wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Is this your question?

Why would I ban you ? And how do you surmise that I find EVERYTHING you say disagreeable ? Silly and immature you may be, but that's not a reason to ban someone....neither is missing the point of someone else's posts....

I'm happy to discuss your grievances via the PM function - and therefore allow a semblance of intelligent conversation to break out here....

I’m glad that you now accept that I have answered your question. As to why you would ban me, my posts and your snide reactions to them here and in other threads, and your locking two threads that I was in, indicates that this could be possible.