Bond Movie Screenings

1.MoonRaker 2.OHMSS 3.LALD 4.OP 5.FYEO 6.DR. NO 7.YOLT 8.LTK 9.CR 10.AVTAK

Comments

• PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    OMG! I wish my local cinema would do that! I think I've probably only seen 6 on the big screen!
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    That's pretty awesome. I have a few retro cinemas around me that occasionally play Bond flicks, but not a marathon like that!!
  • StawazStawaz CanadaPosts: 101MI6 Agent
    I have Tiff in my city. They have a bunch of Bond Films.
  • DelicatessenInSteelDelicatessenInSteel Posts: 181MI6 Agent
    Polynikes wrote:
    OMG! I wish my local cinema would do that! I think I've probably only seen 6 on the big screen!
    I hope I can see the ones I haven't seen..I've seen Moonraker through Skyfall in the theatre first run and I've seen Goldfinger, On Her Majesty's Secret Service & Thunderball in 70mm retrospectives. Its a big difference seeing old school Bond in the theatre with a big audience who might have not seen the film, they laughed at a lot of things I didn't think were originally humorous.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,277MI6 Agent
    Nothing in the UK from what I can see, shame.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • RikRik Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    I know a cinema in London that would do it.

I've helped arrange screenings there for the Doctor Who Appreciation Society and Starfleet International.

What they would need is permission from Sony/MGM/EON (copyright holders) to show the films and then the hire of the venue.

Hell if I had the funds and knew who to contact for the permission, I'd consider doing it myself!
  • DelicatessenInSteelDelicatessenInSteel Posts: 181MI6 Agent
    Excellent, the screenings are selling out here.
    I don't doubt they would sell out.

I'd love to see the earlier movies on the big screen.
    I'm actually looking into this. Will let you know what unfolds.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Are there any cinemas in the North East that do screenings of old Bonds? Googled but never found anything
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    I've written to EON about doing some cinema screenings but as yet have had no reply.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Rik wrote:
    I've written to EON about doing some cinema screenings but as yet have had no reply.

I'd be surprised if you did....the cost involved is considerable...unless you can get hold of a digital version of the film...like they did for Goldfinger a few years back...
    YNWA 97