Duran Duran should do Bond 24 theme

Duran Duran is the only band that got a James Bond song to number 1... Shouldn't they get another crack at a bond song? They're trying to show that they still can with songs like "Being Followed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs7ZYgGpU3g)" from their latest album...

Do you guys agree?

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    007bond24 wrote:
    Duran Duran is the only band that got a James Bond song to number 1... Shouldn't they get another crack at a bond song? They're trying to show that they still can with songs like "Being Followed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs7ZYgGpU3g)" from their latest album...

Do you guys agree?

Perhaps if this was 1983, but now? Why???
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    Normally I'd agree with you BLeiter, but with Duran Duran it could work with the right song.

A lot of groups have come and gone, and have a signature song that dates them. Duran Duran don't their music still feels fresh. I would say the song would have to be relavent to the film, like You Know My Name, or Goldfinger. Would make a nice change to bring back a popular classic group, in the same way Dame Shirley has popped up more than once in the past!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Normally I'd agree with you BLeiter, but with Duran Duran it could work with the right song.

A lot of groups have come and gone, and have a signature song that dates them. Duran Duran don't their music still feels fresh. I would say the song would have to be relavent to the film, like You Know My Name, or Goldfinger. Would make a nice change to bring back a popular classic group, in the same way Dame Shirley has popped up more than once in the past!

I have a hard time seeing that working, but I should keep an open mind. I guess I'm just used to the films coming out and having then-current acts performing the title songs. (Dame Shirley being a classic and worthy exception!)
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'd rather have more Big Ballads sung by a talented individual. Infact I play a bit of guitar myself, ................... ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    Come Undone was a great Bond-style theme, and would have been a good title for many a Bond film, be it DAD or SF.

But not sure their style suits the rugged Craig. And they're not having hits these days.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Come Undone was a great Bond-style theme, and would have been a good title for many a Bond film, be it DAD or SF.

But not sure their style suits the rugged Craig. And they're not having hits these days.

They had a couple off their last album...but not major hits...they could do another Bond theme and do it well...but I think their time has been and gone for that...
    YNWA 97
  • esseUKesseUK EnglandPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    I may get some stick for my choice, but I think duffy would be right for the job, her voice reminds me of the 60s 8-)
    "It's time to get out"
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    esseUK wrote:
    I may get some stick for my choice, but I think duffy would be right for the job, her voice reminds me of the 60s 8-)

Why would you get "stick?" I've always thought Duffy would be a good choice. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    I think so too. Her singing isn't bad either!

I think the other reason I like the idea of DD though is its been a while since a group did a Bond song.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Hardyboy wrote:
    esseUK wrote:

Why would you get "stick?" I've always thought Duffy would be a good choice. . .

I really don't know why I said that, I think it's old age creeping in, and the fact that I get some stick for buying her cds from the younger generation in my family, but what do they know about music. :))
    "It's time to get out"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I always thought her "Rain On Your Parade" sounded like a Bond theme. :D
    http://youtu.be/iQJj4w9-WuQ
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I always thought her "Rain On Your Parade" sounded like a Bond theme. :D
    http://youtu.be/iQJj4w9-WuQ

Me to, such a great tune, I think it would have made a great bond tune. {[]
    "It's time to get out"