Meeting Richard Kiel (Bethlehem PA Sep. 6-8 & Cincinnati OH Sep 13-15)

MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
Just had the pleasure of meeting the great Richard Kiel in my home state of Pennsylvania here in the US.

To all the people who have said how nice and kind Mr. Kiel is, they couldn't be more right! What a great person. His wife Diane was at the convention with him and also incredibly friendly. They both chatted with my father and I for a few minutes before signing autographs and taking pictures.

My dad at first asked the blonde Diane Kiel if she was Dolly from Moonraker. She found it very amusing as did Richard, though I'm sure they have heard that one before ;)

Mr. Kiel signed my original Moonraker Half-Sheet poster, which I immediately took to get framed after the convention. It will be the centerpiece of my downstairs entertainment room in the future.

We then took pictures with Richard while he did his patented pose of having his hands grasped around our head. Luckily I got away without getting bit :D. To top it off, the prices for autographs and pictures were incredibly reasonable. I would have paid whatever the fee was to meet him, but it was great to see him so accessible. If you got any signed item, he would take a picture for free!

I know Richard was in the UK earlier this year for a convention or two. If he comes back or to your town wherever you are, I strongly suggest you go meet him!!

He is at the Parafest convention today and tomorrow: http://www.parafest2013.com/

&

At the Cincinnati Comic Expo September 13th to the 15th: http://cincinnaticomicexpo.com/

I hope many more Bond fans will have the opportunity in the future to meet Mr. Kiel. For those of us who have already met him? Well... here's to us! -{

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] Congratulations. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself. I'm so jealous. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    Thanks TP :)

Went again today! My mom had to work on Saturday and she wanted to meet him so I took her out this morning to meet Mr. Kiel. Another great conversation with him and his wife. They thought my mom was my wife, we all had a good laugh. Really was a great weekend in all.

photo_2.jpg
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Richard and Diane are a very sweet Christian couple. They did a lot for me and for everyone who worked on and attended the Bond Collectors' Weekend in San Francisco. Really great.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • esseUKesseUK EnglandPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    That's a great photo, a truly great actor. -{
    "It's time to get out"