A contemporary James Bond Rolex

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    What a tasteful watch. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    What a tasteful watch. :))

And still ten times better than the 'watches' Bumtoys usually shows off on here...
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    just have received a message from ABC Watchwerks who are doing the case modification:

"I finished the case last night with Beau. It was a very tough getting it to look symmetrical and round where its suppose to be. I will be sending you pics of the final work. Progress pics I took are useless since I used my time and energy on the case. Lemme tell ya it wasn't easy and i think i spent well over 24 hours on it with Beau. So I'll be sending you some high resolution pics of the finished work.
    On another note... I know how critical you are about your case but working under constraints make it that much harder to what needed to be done.
    We had to of course refinish the case in order to make it perfect after grinding off your crown guards and your bevels where all but gone so i reapplied them without wearing into your case;) you'll see. You're going for a big crown look so we gave you that. It is beautiful and because of it, a client who saw me working on it yesterday asked if I could make him one. Its starting to catch on but I think it was your choice in finish which what is getting lots of attention.
    We were careful not to grind off too much at the tube so that the rubber gasket that sits between the case and tube can still be used, a concern you had. I also installed a NEW factory 295 crystal with laser etched coronet and I'll be returning your original along with the watch. I hope you like it after all of the work time and money,Lol. There is no template for doing this so I hope the wait wasn't too long. I thank you for giving us the opportunity to do this for you. It takes lots of courage and big cojones to do what you've done Sir! My hat's off to you!"

I particularly like the second last sentence :D :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Wow - sounds like a massive job!!!!!

Also sounds like they have big balls to agree to undertake it as sounds very tricky!! Imagine cocking up a brand new Rolex!!

Funny bit is them acknowledging you being very critical lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    :)) I think, that they've been very modest…… :D

To my defense - I did not want to experience another nightmare like with the Octopussy Egg attempt #1 :D

Anyhow I guess by the sound of it that its near ready to be posted!!?

I gather you have a new crystal on it hence not to butcher the original when taking the Cyclops off and messing around with the coating???
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I gather you have a new crystal on it hence not to butcher the original when taking the Cyclops off and messing around with the coating???

unexpectedly you hit the nail on the head welshie -{

For all others: The original crystal has an antirelective coating underneath the cyclope.
    The cyclope will be chopped off but the AR coating would remain - looking like a dark stain on the crystal.

That's why I am getting a crystal from a normal Submariner (which does not have the AR coating under the cyclope) and then have it removed.

here we go:

dsc00395i65u2qgdrt.jpg

converted to:

dsc0692v3k7tadg2y.jpg

dsc06981j8osz59td.jpg

dsc0694cwkjvteroq.jpg

Looking good!!!

The Project X one looked a bit off for some reason, this def looks better engineered!!

Happy so far???
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, Welshie.

Overall I am very happy - though the case at the crown side protrudes a bit.
    I guess, that they've done that to keep the tube with all original gaskets and prevent from letting the tube stand out too far as the crown should not touch the bezel ring.

I assume, that they have not been convinced about the outcoming if they shaved everything completely down.
    I'll see how it looks in real life - pretty sure that I like it - if not they still can grind something off later.

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    As always it looks awful.

Well done at ruining a perfectly good rolex or two :))

Actually, nice one markus, only a true mentallist and fan goes to these measures and level of detail, which is why I don't bother :)) Top marks. -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    well nanojiff. You see how nice things are when I am choosing the right people and they deliver on time ;)

All Kudos go to Dalton and Beau from ABC Watchwerks in L.A. - they did a phantastic job!

Bondtoys wrote:
    All Kudos go to Dalton

Is that a typo error??

Dalton / Deaton??
    No typo, Wlshie!

Dalton = ABC Watchwerks = good guy {[]

Deaton = ……. oh well 8-)

Hehe just kidding!!
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Looking good mate, when is it back ?
    next week - hopefully!

Slightly off-topic:

Another great conversion by ABC Watchwerks, that I've just discovered on TRF:

attachment.php?attachmentid=433437&stc=1&d=1382068816

• Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Can't wait to see it finished!

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    edited December 2013
    Ok, we are ready:

dsc006136sfrujh4i1.jpg
    dsc00614lqyu3ksw4b.jpg
    dsc00616wo7b84fkil.jpg
    dsc00618osvruhk20q.jpg

-{

Very nice congrats!!!!!

So now in hand etc are you happy!?
    Hello Welshie,

thanks. I am 95% happy with it, let's see how my opinion is after wearing it for some days.
    What are your thoughts?

Looks good!!!!!! Hows the crown etc with regards to the proximity to the bezel and case - look good???
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Very Nice -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Looks good!!!!!! Hows the crown etc with regards to the proximity to the bezel and case - look good???

The crown looks slightly small - not sure how a 6538 will look on the watch.
    However, I am trying to keep the watch as durable as possible - that's why I have insisted on the original crown/tube combo with all gaskets.

One low point now that the crown guards are off, I can see some nicks in the crown so that has to be replaced. I am sure that they've been there before but have been covered.

The crown/bezel ring distance is very nice - unchanged to the original watch, good thing that they did not remove too much flesh around the tube.

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I think it looks great mate, lets see a wrist shoot -{
    Thanks, mate

:D I must shave before I am posting wristshots :D

Seriously - the caseback is only put by (my) hand and the watch is not tested for waterresistance.

The strap is pretty stiff and I usually break it in with warm water - which I don't want to expose the watch off as it is today.
    Next week, I'll be at the watchmaker and post wristshots when the strap has adapted :v

• Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Nice job Markus, it really came out very well. It looks awesome! Wear it in good health.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Beautiful, congratulations -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    That looks fantastic!!
    Congratulations! -{
  • Agent 00 FrogAgent 00 Frog Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 122MI6 Agent
    Definitely worth the work, that is something you will treasure for the rest of your life. -{
    "Set your hopes up way too high, living's in the way we die"