Chris Wood's James Bond,The Spy Who Loved Me

MustonMuston Huncote, Leicestershire Posts: 228MI6 Agent
Just finished it and have to say, 'SUPERB.'

As far as a novelization goes, I doubt any other could beat this. It reads like a pure novel and gives us a Bond we all know and love from the books. Okay, Wood had some good source material to start with but he fleshed out characters like Stromberg to give the book a lot more punch. Great work. Will save Wood's other attempt for a later time as I'm going to give Benson's first novel a read next.
"Thank you very much. I was just out walking my RAT and seem to have lost my way... "

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I loved Wood's TSWLM. -{ . I think he got very close to the style of Fleming.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    It was one of my favourite Bond reads of all.
    Muston wrote:
    Will save Wood's other attempt for a later time
    Don't expect nearly as much from his MR- just an FYI.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • MustonMuston Huncote, Leicestershire Posts: 228MI6 Agent
    Cheers Chrisisall. I've seen on here that MR isn't as highly thought of as TSWLM. I began reading Benson's first one last night, reads more like a film script than a novel so far.
    "Thank you very much. I was just out walking my RAT and seem to have lost my way... "
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    Muston wrote:
    I began reading Benson's first one last night, reads more like a film script than a novel so far.
    I read a bit & found it somewhat script-like as well.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,833Chief of Staff
    Muston wrote:
    I began reading Benson's first one last night, reads more like a film script than a novel so far.

His books are definitely a cross between book-Bond and film-Bond...I'm not sure but I think that's what the publishers wanted at the time...
    YNWA 97
  • MustonMuston Huncote, Leicestershire Posts: 228MI6 Agent
    As I struggled to enjoy Role of Honour, my plan is now to read one Benson, then one Gardner until I've got through the lot.