Whatever became of Bond and Kissy's child?

Perhaps the greatest mystery in Ian Fleming's work is what became of the child that James Bond left Kissy Suzuki with in You Only Live Twice. Some authors have put forward answers that ranged from interesting (John Pearson) to unsatisfying (Raymond Benson). What do you think? There are no right or wrong answers in this game of conjecture, so feel free to speculate.

I like to think that Kissy had a boy who enjoyed a happy childhood among the Ama, though he must have missed his father, described by Kissy as a brave foreign policeman who killed the wickedest foreign dragon in Japan and converted the garden of death into an eden. Eventually the boy (named Taro after his father) left his hometown and, propelled by an innate sense of justice, became a local policeman. Despite the community's initial unease at his mixed-race status, the young man became accepted and well-liked, and though his district was small and provincial he occasionally handled an interesting case.
The most exciting one involved the capture of a foreign criminal, and Taro's department was helped by a foreign policeman sent from England. The gray-haired but still handsome foreigner told Taro that he was semi-retired but employed by his country on occasional missions, especially since he liked to travel. He and Taro worked together for only a day, but they got along extremely well and enjoyed dinner and sake. As he got up to leave, the foreigner explained that before he leaving Japan he wanted to travel south to see some Ama girls. Taro thought the foreigner was joking, so he didn't bother saying his mother had once been an Ama girl, though she'd retired to Tokyo several years before. The two men shook hands, said their goodbyes, and never saw each other again. Had James Bond known he'd left Kissy with child, he might have put two and two together. Had Taro Suzuki known his father's real name, he might have done likewise. But all these things were, in Tiger Tanaka's phrase, of as little account as sparrow's tears.

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Wow! Great short story, Revelator ! -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • RevelatorRevelator Posts: 592MI6 Agent
    Thank you Charmed! I hope other folks will offer their own theories. What do you think became of Bond and Kissy's kid?
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    Raymond Benson wrote a short story for Playboy called "Blast from the Past" in which he killed off Bond's son. Here's the synopsis from the James Bond wiki:

Bond receives a message, apparently from James Suzuki, his son (Suzuki's mother is Kissy Suzuki from You Only Live Twice) asking him to come to New York City on a matter of urgency. When Bond arrives, he finds his son murdered. With the aid of an SIS agent, he learns that James was killed in revenge by Irma Bunt, the onetime companion of Ernst Stavro Blofeld, and a woman who Bond assumed had died alongside Blofeld (again in You Only Live Twice).

http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/Blast_From_the_Past
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Poor old Bond everyone he cares about has to be Killed. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."