One previous owner...

Comments

• PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    All I can say is WOW Blair, that is so great! Fantastic find and can't think of a better person to have gotten it!
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Ha ha ha! Any time, brother! A display, eh? Would you all consider me crazy if I say that I don't have any kind of display? I use all the bits and pieces, if I can. May have to re-evaluate this for my latest acquisition! I use all my TF pieces. I wear my Barbour every day, as well as my Seamaster and Planet Ocean. I have Sunspel Rivieras, Charcoal Melanges and White Tees that get aired come sunshine, and so do my STA-Prests and 7's. I realise that this latest piece is much more valuable, both in real and perceived terms, but I don't want to hide it away. Too much....
    The Mantis wrote:
    Blair, make room for me when I come to visit...cause I will be sleeping in that thing! Seriously, so very very cool.....lets see it displayed soon!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    As everyone else has said - congratulations -{

And thanks for the pics {[]
    YNWA 97
    Thanks, one and all, for your kind and generous words. Bond fans are the greatest on Earth, and ajb'ers are the cream on top! I feel truly blessed to be a small part of this happy clan!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Ha ha ha! Any time, brother! A display, eh? Would you all consider me crazy if I say that I don't have any kind of display? I use all the bits and pieces, if I can. May have to re-evaluate this for my latest acquisition! I use all my TF pieces. I wear my Barbour every day, as well as my Seamaster and Planet Ocean. I have Sunspel Rivieras, Charcoal Melanges and White Tees that get aired come sunshine, and so do my STA-Prests and 7's. I realise that this latest piece is much more valuable, both in real and perceived terms, but I don't want to hide it away. Too much....
    The Mantis wrote:
    Blair, make room for me when I come to visit...cause I will be sleeping in that thing! Seriously, so very very cool.....lets see it displayed soon!

I hear you Meesta! I wear all my stuff and only buy the items I like!!!! Rotation is the key to keep it in tip top condition for as long as poss and Skyfall has helped double my jackets so I never continually wear the same ones lol!!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    IMG_2877_zps27e29d49.jpg

Well here it is, and the best news is that, as far as I can ascertain, it's 100% genuine!

IMG_0433_zps72858d13.jpg

IMG_0447_zpsfad537f2.jpg

IMG_0446_zpsed9893fc.jpg

Here is a pic of the pocket, without the leather trim-

IMG_0424_zps9aeefe71.jpg

Here's a pic next to my brown, shop-bought harrington -

IMG_0439_zps0b74463e.jpg

Here is a comparison of the inside detail -

IMG_0443_zpsbd132df9.jpg

And a comparison of the collars and labels -

IMG_0441_zpse6554f05.jpg

And with a swatch from its brother -

IMG_0438_zpsfe455c67.jpg

Zip from the Blue one -

IMG_0429_zpseb5db18f.jpg

And from the Brown -

IMG_0444_zps6876f9cf.jpg

IMG_0449_zps1a4cdc32.jpg

IMG_0448_zps0f2b541d.jpg

Hope that you like the pics. I'm still in a bit of a daze about all of this.

I wondered who got this I was speaking to the seller too and thought it could have been mantis but they said it went to London, congrats on your purchase and a great item :)
  • lilusakolilusako Southern California Posts: 311MI6 Agent
    Awesome job and congratulations! Also, Thank you for sharing a plethora of detailed photos with us (so I can happily live vicariously through your new addition to your collection :)) )
  • JBT0077JBT0077 GermanyPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    Congratulations, great find damn.. if i had see it on ebay.
    But nice to know it`s in good hands.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    edited November 2013
    Fantastic Blair, I'm genuinely (unlike a few I suspect) thrilled for you in this capture!!!

I've had this happen to me many times and it brings the sort of satisfaction second only to taking it from underneath bondtots very nose.. 8-)

As to scoffa's "magical" collectors, trust me, I know at least a half a dozen that would be happy to pay the amount I mentioned if this is indeed made for the film.
    Based upon the pics it indeed looks genuine....

Finally I stand by what I said, repeated here...

"Fantastic steal Blair.... What an idiot selling this on eBay in this manner.... He even knew they sold for £1000 as a normal jacket....
    This guy must be a total halfwit!!! 
    You've got a real bargain Blair... I'd have guessed it would be worth about £8-10,000 at auction if no one turns up.... 2-3 times that if there are any serious collectors ...
    But of course, the fact that he gave it away has me a little worried... I'd take a good look at the label when u get it.
    But even if it's nothing to do with the film, you've got a rare jacket for "cost"
    Who said bargains can't be had on eBay?"

I feel really sorry for the guy that gave this away, as I would if I saw anyone do such.

But give it away he did. I'm confident that it would have reached £6-7k if he'd let the auction run for say 8-10 days.

I certainly didn't see it otherwise I would have put up a serious fight.

And when I used those "diplomatic" terms idiot and halfwit I had thought, based upon the eBay page seeming to be in German, that one of two-tonics countrymen had been the seller, explaining a lot of the "method"....

It now seems he was based in uk, and is known to many here ( again, must be a source for frustration) so he no longer deserves the term halfwit which I try to reserve for two-tonics... :s

Btw I've stated here many times, that to me a price is just that, a price... The basis for an exchange between consenting adults...

So if the seller is ecstatic that he got what he wanted, then all's well....

But given the enormous difference between the "price" and the value of the jacket, it's sporting of you to offer him a bit more Blair..... Though knowing you, doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Btw I'd suggest making use of mantis' excellent contacts at Tom Ford to obtain more details on the jackets purpose.

Finally Congrats!!!!!
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    In all honestly, it's hard not to be jealous at first. But it's actually comforting to know that it now belongs to someone who can appreciate it.

It would be unfortunate if it had ended up with an eBay flipper and not somebody who actually who sees it its value as a fan.

Wear it in good health, Blair! -{

And where was it altered? I'm assuming they took in the waist. Did they touch the shoulders or length?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    8-) guess that half of the worlds population assumes that we still live on trees :D

Must go and hunt down my breakfast now :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    With regards to the sizing - I once had the non SA version of this jacket in the same size as Blairs (52). I am normally a 54 in TF however I found this jacket very small and tight, so much in fact that I questioned wether even 54 would fit me.
    :D Thanks so much, Paul...

ke02eww wrote:
    Fantastic Blair, I'm genuinely (unlike a few I suspect) thrilled for you in this capture!!!

I've had this happen to me many times and it brings the sort of satisfaction second only to taking it from underneath bondtots very nose.. 8-)

As to scoffa's "magical" collectors, trust me, I know at least a half a dozen that would be happy to pay the amount I mentioned if this is indeed made for the film.
    Based upon the pics it indeed looks genuine....

Finally I stand by what I said, repeated here...

"Fantastic steal Blair.... What an idiot selling this on eBay in this manner.... He even knew they sold for £1000 as a normal jacket....
    This guy must be a total halfwit!!! 
    You've got a real bargain Blair... I'd have guessed it would be worth about £8-10,000 at auction if no one turns up.... 2-3 times that if there are any serious collectors ...
    But of course, the fact that he gave it away has me a little worried... I'd take a good look at the label when u get it.
    But even if it's nothing to do with the film, you've got a rare jacket for "cost"
    Who said bargains can't be had on eBay?"

I feel really sorry for the guy that gave this away, as I would if I saw anyone do such.

But give it away he did. I'm confident that it would have reached £6-7k if he'd let the auction run for say 8-10 days.

I certainly didn't see it otherwise I would have put up a serious fight.

And when I used those "diplomatic" terms idiot and halfwit I had thought, based upon the eBay page seeming to be in German, that one of two-tonics countrymen had been the seller, explaining a lot of the "method"....

It now seems he was based in uk, and is known to many here ( again, must be a source for frustration) so he no longer deserves the term halfwit which I try to reserve for two-tonics... :s

Btw I've stated here many times, that to me a price is just that, a price... The basis for an exchange between consenting adults...

So if the seller is ecstatic that he got what he wanted, then all's well....

But given the enormous difference between the "price" and the value of the jacket, it's sporting of you to offer him a bit more Blair..... Though knowing you, doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Btw I'd suggest making use of mantis' excellent contacts at Tom Ford to obtain more details on the jackets purpose.

Finally Congrats!!!!!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Blair, happy to see if we can find more info out from TF...amazing what manifestos say and the stories they tell! I did the same for my cream colored jacket and was pleasantly surprised to have a short but fun story around it. Also, as to value and what ke02eww notes, I have to agree...I am sure we all realize there are collectors that don't frequent this board that pay kings ransoms for these items and this jacket in particular is a coveted item...all the more special for Blair and a wonderful story of acquisition...though I suspect Blair will hold onto this grail for many a generation to come.
    I'd really love to find out more about the back history of the jacket, if possible. And, yes, I'm going to hold on to it (crikey, I almost said "her"!)...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) True Love. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    aren't we all sad gits for getting so excited about a jacket with a different stiching in the label :s

Bondtoys wrote:
    aren't we all sad gits for getting so excited about a jacket with a different stiching in the label :s

I would be excited to get this jacket even if it had Bondtoys in the label :D
    :)) :)) :))

You would not be able to afford it then!

• ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    :)) :)) :))

You would not be able to afford it then!
    And of course if it was a Bondtots branded jacket it would have extra extra long sleeves! :D

Congrats on your what has to be the find & indeed purchase of the year?...so evilbay is useful for something?...dont' figure :s
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I'm speechless! Beautiful item, I'm jealous as hell!
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    If you want to find out more about the jackets history you might want to look at this previous ebay auction where I suspect the same jacket sold for £160.00, most likely because this person got it from someone at EON and had NO idea how much it was worth: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tom-Ford-Blue-Harrington-Jacket-JAMES-BOND-Quantum-Of-Solace-Large-/321228272181?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&hash=item4acab27235

it was then listed again here:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tom-Ford-James-Bond-22-Blue-Harrington-coat-EU-52-Collectors-item-Daniel-Craig-/370924414360?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&hash=item565cd16598&nma=true&si=dnBhVR%252Bp4Q8s0Xa7ajydjh7uvt4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and finally the auction you won!
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    If you want to find out more about the jackets history you might want to look at this previous ebay auction where I suspect the same jacket sold for £160.00, most likely because this person got it from someone at EON and had NO idea how much it was worth: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tom-Ford-Blue-Harrington-Jacket-JAMES-BOND-Quantum-Of-Solace-Large-/321228272181?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&hash=item4acab27235

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tom-Ford-James-Bond-22-Blue-Harrington-coat-EU-52-Collectors-item-Daniel-Craig-/370924414360?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&hash=item565cd16598&nma=true&si=dnBhVR%252Bp4Q8s0Xa7ajydjh7uvt4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I cannot believe it was sold for 160! That is insane.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:

Me and welshboy had talked about both of these.
    Ross

Woah! And I thought that I got a good deal! No pleasing some people, eh?

I also saw it at £160 a while back (not quick enough to snap it up though)

Personally I wouldn't even think about the cost Meesta, you bought a Jacket that was:

1) not available for retail 2) under retail price of the ones TF did produce 3) the history of the jacket - production etc

Still a bargain and deal of a lifetime!!!
    sruzgar wrote:

Great detective work, 007! -{

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Dude, don't get me wrong, you definitely did on this one.