Bond on TV and Radio

Comments

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I thought Sir Sean always fires from the hip? :D

Warched Skyfall with my parents on ITV. I was annoyed they cut out 007 removing the shrapnel frim his shoulder. We joined the film when Bond shows up in M's house so I filled in the gaps during a comercial break.
    It was pleasing that my Stepmum pointed out all the plot errors we all did in here, and my Dad was incredulous at Kinkade using that bloody torch. They were shocked at what happened to M, and like me, very pleased Naomie Harris was revealled to be EMP.
    I still can't fathom the hows and wheres that ITV use the scissors.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    You should see what they do with LTK :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sometimes it is hard to figure out itv and its reason for cutting scenes. As
    I mentioned in an earlier post they used to always cut the pts of GF, the
    Fan in the bath bit, yet now, they happily show it ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I remember that, it was Shocking ;)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Although it's funny how GF starts with an Electrocution and with
    Oddjob, it ends with one as well ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Yes -{
    I've always found that OHMSS looks much better on TV -{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    I've always found that OHMSS looks much better on TV -{

As opposed to what ?
    YNWA 97
    I admit that I still have to view it on Bluray -{
    It looks fantastic on bluray. -{
    In fact just noticed today, perhaps someone might know.
    Is Blofeld's desk in Piz Gloria, M's desk in his office ? :)
    Being an Arch Villain costs a lot of Money, so Blofeld was saving himself a few Bob :))
    DAF on ITV, Sunday -{
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    DAF on ITV, Sunday -{

ITV have been all over the place. They showed the bonds once per week up until OP, then just stopped. Then AVTAK was shown several weeks later. Then TLD and LTK several weeks after that.
    Now they're showing all the bonds again, they showed DN-YOLT in 5 consecutive days. Then OHMSS 2 days later. And now DAF a week later? Talk about random.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    :)) I know, it's a rather strange way to Broadcast them.
    Anyone watching DAF on ITV ?
    Of course -{
    :)) I have it on but I'm working on the computer, so
    Not giving it my 100% attention.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Yup. And it's still rubbish.

Watching it sober - I've sort of made a post-Xmas promise - is painful.

Songs of Praise MUST be on soon. Antiques Roadshow. Four in a Bed's usually on on a Sunday...

;)
    DAF not your favorite Bond then? :D
    I'd rather sit watching my reflection on a blank screen than sit
    Through " Songs of Praise" :)) ,
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    Watched a little of DAF, the elevator fight seemed a bit less edited-for-TV than it used to.
    DAF has always struck me as the one film where no one involved gave a **** about the end product.

Connery - didn't care about Bond, hated Harry and Cubby but was so chuffed that his avarice was satisfied by sticking one up their arses. (Money he gave away as he didn't need it despite, apparently, having been financially screwed by them for years!!!!???? :s )

Cubby and Harry - must have hated being in the same breathing space as SC, after a few days of his smug gloating probably missed Lazenby and his tosserisms. Bet they'd have been happier with John Gavin and must have wanted to weep when they got the phone call from Picker.

Why soddin bother? Just get through and move on...

Cheapness all around after the majestic sweep of OHMSS. Charles Gray???? Jill St John - who can perform well - told to play Tiffany like THAT????

No, I don't rate it. :)) -{
    I think everyone was still recovering from the Hangover of OHMSS though -{
    I think everyone was still recovering from the Hangover of OHMSS though -{

Even though he'd had the debacle of a collapsing film career post YOLT, Connery wasn't, for sure...
    His Career peaked again in the late 70's.
    I remember asking the question if the Producers even wanted him back
    As it was a Film executive who made the deal and then they had to pay
    Off John Gavin, who they'd picked. So I'm guessing it may have been a nasty
    Surprise ! :D
    His Career peaked again in the late 70's.

Well... some would say that it wasn't until THE UNTOUCHABLES in 1987... (with an honourable mention for is turn as Mike Caine's sidekick in MAN WHO WOULD BE KING)
    I remember asking the question if the Producers even wanted him back
    As it was a Film executive who made the deal and then they had to pay
    Off John Gavin, who they'd picked. So I'm guessing it may have been a nasty
    Surprise ! :D

Yeah, Dave Picker at UA.

Straight off the Christmas card list.
    Outland very much revived his Career though :)