Your Favourite PTS's

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Yeah, it's UP there. If Barry had done the music it would certainly be my favourite instead of TLD!
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    Yeah, it's UP there. If Barry had done the music it would certainly be my favourite instead of TLD!

I don't mind Newman's score to much. I really like the music when Bond walks on the rooftops for example. I wouldn't say he's better than David Arnold, who's a modern day Barry imo. But Newman did fine with the pts :)
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
    I actually like Newman's work a great deal... he's just no Barry. :D
    chrisisall wrote:

Can't argue with that :)

Speaking of scores, Do you think a Bond movie ever had a really weak score? I honestly like a lot of the non-Barry scores too! (Bill Conti, Marvin Hamlish, Kamen etc, they were all great!) I wasn't a huge fan of DN's score that Monty Norman did, but I can forgive that easily, since it was the first of it's kind.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Weak score = Eric Serra! :#
    And in another Universe Michel Legrand :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    Weak score = Eric Serra! :#
    And in another Universe Michel Legrand :D

Serra is named a lot among Bond fans! Apart from the terrible soundtrack playing during the Ferrari & Aston scene, I quite like the industrial type of sound the movie is given actually! It really reminds me of the movie "Leon" from the same year, also scored by Serra! :)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:

Can't argue with that :)

Speaking of scores, Do you think a Bond movie ever had a really weak score? I honestly like a lot of the non-Barry scores too! (Bill Conti, Marvin Hamlish, Kamen etc, they were all great!) I wasn't a huge fan of DN's score that Monty Norman did, but I can forgive that easily, since it was the first of it's kind.

DN, SF and SP have weak scores, and GE and LTK are weak to a lesser extent. LTK is weak in that it doesn't really do much for the film or do much musically, but it gets the job done and knows how to use the Bond theme. GE is weak in that it reuses the score from Leon and makes the film feel dated and not like a Bond film. The score doesn't have much musical development either. DN at least has good source music and Barry's Bond theme, but Monty Norman had no idea how to score a movie. SF and SP are at the bottom of the barrel for Bond music.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    The only one I can't stand is Conti's.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    The only one I can't stand is Conti's.

Easy to understand. It sounds really dated, but I think as a score it's very strong.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    I really didn't mind Skyfall's score. SPECTRE, on the other hand, was really disappointing. I know they're similar, but I think part of it was that the SPECTRE score re-used so much from Skyfall, and did nothing to distinguish itself.

GE is the worst of the series for me.
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    I honestly feel the PTS of SP is one of the best ones the series have had! (if not the best!) And it will go down in history as just that! I love the camera following Bond along, Bond being smooth with the girl, stepping out of the window, adjusting his cuffs and walking on the ledge of the building casually getting the silencer out of his pants pocket, it's so badass! The helicopter stunt work and fighting is impressive! And all the thousands of extra's that had to go through make up every day deserves some applauding! The whole thing blew me away immediatly!

Bond should have landed the helicopter on the hotel, rappelled down to Estrella's room, and said, "Now, where were we?"
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I really didn't mind Skyfall's score. SPECTRE, on the other hand, was really disappointing. I know they're similar, but I think part of it was that the SPECTRE score re-used so much from Skyfall, and did nothing to distinguish itself.

GE is the worst of the series for me.

+1- on both counts. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    cheld wrote:
    I honestly feel the PTS of SP is one of the best ones the series have had! (if not the best!) And it will go down in history as just that! I love the camera following Bond along, Bond being smooth with the girl, stepping out of the window, adjusting his cuffs and walking on the ledge of the building casually getting the silencer out of his pants pocket, it's so badass! The helicopter stunt work and fighting is impressive! And all the thousands of extra's that had to go through make up every day deserves some applauding! The whole thing blew me away immediatly!

Bond should have landed the helicopter on the hotel, rappelled down to Estrella's room, and said, "Now, where were we?"

Honestly, that would have been a great start to the title sequence! :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) with a bit of saucy saxophone music in the background :D

with Bond saying.... " I've already made the Earth move once today " :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    :)) with a bit of saucy saxophone music in the background :D

with Bond saying.... " I've already made the Earth move once today " :p

Bond jumps out of the helicopter and through the window, takes off his suit as quickly as he got out of the skeleton costume, raises an eyebrow (return to Moore era, after all) and says "now come and ride this chopper".
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,334Chief of Staff
    cheld wrote:

Honestly, that would have been a great start to the title sequence! :))

:)) :)) :)) Works for me! (Though it's a great PTS as it is- perhaps the best of Craig's efforts)
    Estrella " James, I heard a terrific banging ! "
    James, " You're about to hear another one !" :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,334Chief of Staff
    AA_OLD_MAN_10.jpg

The name's Bond... Sid James Bond.
    "Q, I want you to look at this SPECTRE ring." *glances over at Estrella* "And while you're doing that, I'm going to inspect 'er ring".

I'll get me coat.
    Estrella " James, I heard a terrific banging ! "
    James, " You're about to hear another one !" :D
    Jellyfish wrote:
    "Q, I want you to look at this SPECTRE ring." *glances over at Estrella* "And while you're doing that, I'm going to inspect 'er ring".

I'll get me coat.

And here I was thinking the PTS was already perfect as it is :))
    Just to get back to a little sanity. ..............

I do love some of the classic PTS, FRWL is so atmospheric, while GF is iconic.
    TSWLM, was jaw dropping, while ( My favourite) TLD was so energetic with a
    younger Bond, and now with SP we have another fantastic PTS to get the heart
    pumping. -{
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    The Living Daylights, Goldfinger and Octopussy have my favorite PTS's. Daylights is IMO the best PTS that introduces a new actor. GF is iconic, tight and classic....not to mention it was almost always removed when aired on ABC in the '80s. OP's is just a lot of fun. Classic Moore. I like all 4 Brosnan openings as well, but GE's is probably my favorite of his, with DAD's a close second. For the Craig's I'll go with SPECTRE-- it FINALLY begins with the GB. Actually it's a pretty good opening in itself- and fun as well.
  • MarcAngeDracoMarcAngeDraco Piz GloriaPosts: 564MI6 Agent
    cheld wrote:

Estrella: What happened?
    Bond: He dropped off!

As for best PTSs.... I can't pick a favourite because the majority of as all fantastic introductions to their respective films. It's easier to list the weaker ones: LALD springs to mind, and if we were to nitpick, DAF, TMWTGG, AVTAK and LTK spring to mind immediately, but I still enjoy these. AVTAK's could have been great had Barry scored the entire thing with original music.

Best per actor:

Connery: GF (Do we every get much cooler?)
    Lazenby: OHMSS (Brutal and a great sense of intrigue - great start to the film!)
    Moore: TSWLM (Need I say more?)
    Dalton: TLD (Great introduction to the film, and of course, a new Bond! Love the espionage vibe)
    Brosnan: TWINE (I love all four of Brosnan's openings to this was really tough)
    Craig: SP (Best part of the film, too, and one of the few times that Newman's score excites me)
    Film: Tomorrow Never Dies | Girl: Teresa di Vicenzo | Villain: Max Zorin | Car: Aston Martin Volante | Novel: You Only Live Twice | Bond: Sir Sean Connery
    And here I was thinking the PTS was already perfect as it is :))

Dirty jokes improve everything.
    Best per actor:

Lazenby: OHMSS (Brutal and a great sense of intrigue - great start to the film!)
    Dalton: TLD (Great introduction to the film, and of course, a new Bond! Love the espionage vibe)
    Craig: SP (Best part of the film, too, and one of the few times that Newman's score excites me)

Completely agree with this list! Though I would say that LTK has a great PTS too, that I might even prefer over TLD! :)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I've always liked tb, connery just seems to love beating up the "widow"
    You've got to love the parachute in TSWLM and for me LD, CR and QoS are class, the Palio is a very different addition to a PTS.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    You've got to love the parachute in TSWLM and for me LD, CR and QoS are class, the Palio is a very different addition to a PTS.

Sorry to be pedantic, but the Palio in QoS is after the PTS. I'm with you on Thunderball; I've always thought it's a good fight, especially with everything in the room getting destroyed, and the inclusion of the DB5 is a nice touch.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Jellyfish wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Sorry to be pedantic, but the Palio in QoS is after the PTS. I'm with you on Thunderball; I've always thought it's a good fight, especially with everything in the room getting destroyed, and the inclusion of the DB5 is a nice touch.
    Doh brain failure! Of course it is! I should know better as qos is one of my most watched bonds!!!
    Connery always seemed to enjoy his fight scenes. According to Michael Caine connery also relished a punch up off set as well.
    I particularly like it when bond throws the flowers on the count.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • MarcAngeDracoMarcAngeDraco Piz GloriaPosts: 564MI6 Agent
    Best per actor:

Completely agree with this list! Though I would say that LTK has a great PTS too, that I might even prefer over TLD! :)

I don't mind the LTK opening. Probably because of Kamen's score, which I find incredibly underrated, so when his Bond theme kicks in, I can't help but like it. The problem with the sequence for me is that I always ask myself: how do they land? :p
    Film: Tomorrow Never Dies | Girl: Teresa di Vicenzo | Villain: Max Zorin | Car: Aston Martin Volante | Novel: You Only Live Twice | Bond: Sir Sean Connery
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    Difficult to choose as there has been so many great ones, but I will go with The Spy Who Loved Me. That parachute opening is still epic.