Worst actor to ever appear in a bond film?

Comments

• Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Worst actor - Talisa Soto
    Worst acting in a Bond film by an otherwise decent actor - Halle Berry
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Worst acting in a Bond film by an otherwise decent actor - Halle Berry

That's a good one and totally apropos, because I have seen Halle Berry give some pretty good performances in other films.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Halle Berry is a fine actress, Although when you look like Talisa Soto
    acting isn't all that important, well not for me anyway. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Halle Berry is a fine actress, Although when you look like Talisa Soto
    acting isn't all that important, well not for me anyway. :D

Not that important when you look like Halle Berry either! :)) But yes, she has proven herself to be a fine actress in other movies.
    I wonder if she was told by the director that it's a Bond film so have fun ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I wonder if she was told by the director that it's a Bond film so have fun ?

You could be on to something, TP. Unfortunately, if true then her idea of having fun isn't so much fun for many of the rest of us! :))
  • JayCobb1045JayCobb1045 Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    The "have fun with it" angle is interesting. That could explain the cartoonish faces she pulls and grade school theater tone in her voice during most of her lines. I always felt like she was some one who wasn't a bond fan and never saw the bond movies doing her best impression of what she thought a bond girl was supposed to act like. She just doesn't "get it" so she had no idea what to do with the character and we end up with the mess that is Jinx.
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    The very absolute total worse actor off the top of my head is that hysterical taxi driver from A View to a Kill. The Room worthy anti-acting at its finest. :))
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent
    Can I be totally honest and a bit controversial here but George Lazenby.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    The very absolute total worse actor off the top of my head is that hysterical taxi driver from A View to a Kill. The Room worthy anti-acting at its finest. :))

Me no speak English sir!
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Unknown007 wrote:
    Can I be totally honest and a bit controversial here but George Lazenby.

Of course! An opinion is of no value if it isn't honest. I strongly disagree, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are others who agree with you.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Hmm, Lupe never struck me as bad tbh. And George Lazenby, while not great, is IMO far from the worst.

Now Jinx, I can definitely agree with. I hated her character.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • jamesm123jamesm123 LondonPosts: 182MI6 Agent
    What about the guy who introduces Roger Moore to the stables in AVTAK? Really bad! Also, Loque from FYEO is awful, I saw a weird hippie movie where Pink Floyd did the soundtrack from the early 70's and he was crap in that as well (and he was completely stark bollock naked). Yuck!
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent
    If wigs were actors then I would say Javier Barden' s (sorry about the spelling) wig in Skyfall would be a good mention for the worst actor in a Bond movie.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    I like Scarpine and Loque......Loque is great , he doesn't have any lines but it's like Bolo Yeung where you know he's menacing the first time you see him.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I like Loque, he's one of the most effective henchmen in the Moore era. His silence isn't a problem - Oddjob was even mute. Lupe reminds me of Mary Goodnight - both are so stunning you really don't mind their limited acting abilities. To Britt Ekland's defence she is more lively and fun.
    Michael Wilson!
    :)) you've over stepped the mark now BL. He's a fine actor, there could be NO other reason why he keeps getting booked. :D
    :)) you've over stepped the mark now BL. He's a fine actor, there could be NO other reason why he keeps getting booked. :D

:)) :)) He makes Stan Lee look like Sir Laurence Olivier!
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    I love to spot where he pops up, once I found out he made regular appearences.
    What makes you think this is my first time?
  • jamesm123jamesm123 LondonPosts: 182MI6 Agent
    Louis Jordan as Kamal Khan. About as threatening as Cliff Richard.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Del Toro's "nice honeymooooooooooon"

I liked this because it was ad libbed by Del Toro, it added quirkiness to Dario's character.

Worst actor for me is Anthony Starke in LTK based on his elongated delivery of lines during the climax.

"THIS SETUP COOOOOST US 32 MILLION WE HAVE TO TRY AND SAAAAAAVE IT!!"

"WELL DONE FRAAAAAANZ! ANOTHER 80 MILLION DOLLAR WRIIIIIITE OOOOOOOF!"
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Del Toro's "nice honeymooooooooooon"

I liked this because it was ad libbed by Del Toro, it added quirkiness to Dario's character.

Worst actor for me is Anthony Starke in LTK based on his elongated delivery of lines during the climax.

"THIS SETUP COOOOOST US 32 MILLION WE HAVE TO TRY AND SAAAAAAVE IT!!"

"WELL DONE FRAAAAAANZ! ANOTHER 80 MILLION DOLLAR WRIIIIIITE OOOOOOOF!"

I liked Del Toro as well. He took a relatively small role and made it memorable.
    Brosnan :v
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    Brosnan :v

SERIOUSLY???? :o :s :p
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
    :)) maybe I'm no judge but I always thought Brosnan gave a good
    performance. -{
    Only Joking, Brosnan was alright as Bond. He just had some back Scripts to work with.
  • JayCobb1045JayCobb1045 Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    For what it's worth, I didn't say Del Toro's line read or his performance in the whole movie was bad, just odd! Honestly I'd be too afraid to say anything bad about him cause I heard that if you cross him, he'll flip you. Flip you for real.
    For what it's worth, I didn't say Del Toro's line read or his performance in the whole movie was bad, just odd! Honestly I'd be too afraid to say anything bad about him cause I heard that if you cross him, he'll flip you. Flip you for real.

True, it is an odd performance in some ways. But for me, that's what makes it interesting and memorable. And remember, this thread is about the worst actor to appear in a Bond film.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I dunno if hes the worst actor,but in DR NO theres this Jamaican bloke dancing in a night club as Bond is walking by
    and he keeps looking at the camera ,as I said maybe not the worst, but funny any how :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?