ROYALE Filmwear 2017 Solden Jacket (its back!!)

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    urhash wrote:
    Just got my Harrington. Looks great - but zipper is impossible... :s

So no change then from the first run? I had hoped the zipper would be easier this time around. We'll see.
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Got my replacement Large through. While the sleeve extra length is most welcome, the zipper hasn't changed and is still very difficult. The lining has changed and the outer material is a slightly different shade. Not that any of that bothers me in the slightest, it's still an incredible jacket for the price.
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    The lining has changed and the outer material is a slightly different shade.

?:)

Can I ask how the lining has changed? Is it better? And is the outer material darker/better??
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Just received my XL Harrington. I debated on upsizing to an XXL, but it fits fairly well. I figured i would take a chance with the XL instead of paying to tailor down an XXL in alot of areas. Hope to lose a few pounds by the time im wearing it this fall anyways, so could be spot on by then.

Never had the original run to compare. Material and color are pretty good as far as i know. Should be great for light jacket weather. The lining adds a nice touch with an inside zippered pocket on the left and an open pocket inside on the right. Sleeve length is great for me. The overall jacket length could be an inch or so longer, although thats mostly personal preference since im sure Harrington's are meant to be on the short side.

One of the downsides as others mentioned is the zippers. I actually got impatient and put it on over my head like a shirt the first time i tried it on. Thankfully i did finally get it unhooked after a couple minutes of monkeying with it.

Also another negative lil thing ,similar to the Royale Peacoat, is the size of the front hand pockets. I dont really have huge hands, but still i could use a bit more space and depth to them.

Overall im really pleased with my Royale wear, and will continue to be a customer. Great work Daniel. Really appreciate all you've done.
  • LoganLogan Leicestershire, UK Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    edited May 2015
    Hey all, received my Harrington today, it's a nice piece and decent value I think compared to the Tom Ford and the Baracuta G4 (almost got one, but can't get past the back vent)Slight negatives are that it could be slightly longer and the zip is very stiff towards the bottom. Material is top quality, just like the peacoat and it does look great, very slim and trim, I went for a medium and it's almost like a custom slim fit for me!
    Im normally a brown leather jacket guy so this will be a nice, smarter alternative. Overall I'm very pleased and I will not hesitate to buy from Daniel again!
    Hi,

I received my Harrington today and I'm absolutely delighted with it!

It arrived in 10 days from Oz (I'm in Glasgow, Scotland); very quick delivery considering!!

I'm a 43" chest and ordered a Large. I'm now hopeful of a re-run of the Haiti Y-3? ;%
    So impressed with it! Only gripe if I'm being completely honest is the zip ('sticky').

Great job Dan and fantastic service!! Thank you so much {[]
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Hi Guys,

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback good and bad. I really thought we had it sorted with the YKK zippers this time, and I personally quality check every jacket, so the buck stops with me.

Having checked all the zippers, the one thing I would say is that because it is a ‘concealed’ zipper and completely covered at the bottom, I feel that that is possibly causing more problems than the zipper itself. We have gone for the better zipper and there's been little improvement. Having handled so many of these jackets, I’ve become used to just pulling the fabric away to the side as you go to clip it in.

I apologise gents for this frustration, but I’m starting to think it is more of a design problem with the fabric completely concealing the zip at the bottom, interfering with it's smooth operation. I’ll continue to look at it, but again thank you all for your feedback.

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
    Wearing my Harrington today.

Here's a photo of the old (left) and new (right) Harringtons side by side, showing slight change in lining and outer cotton:

2B1A1B0F-64AE-4D22-94FB-50275472B0C9_zpsrv5em6ln.jpg

0BA71E0E-5B77-4336-BC00-18D7455AD8B0_zpscg0r7zk0.jpg
    Hard to tell from the pics, can you describe the differences?

Would you say the old jacket is more blue on the lining and the outside of the jacket is darker than the new jacket?
    The older lining is more blue, the older outiside is only slightly more blue
    Ok thanks. I was close lol.

The old blue lining looks nice, but i think i prefer the uniformity of the lack of blue on the new jacket.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The small was the right call! It fits perfectly! My older one was a medium...The color is a deep deep blue, almost black as Daniel described...assume under sunlight will appear more blue...and my zipper works great! And you were right, lighter fabric so the drape is a bit different than the older version...
  • MrBeechMrBeech Denver, COPosts: 57MI6 Agent
    Ordered my Quantum Harrington jacket about a week and a half ago and super excited, but also wondering if there's a way to track the shipment once it gets to the states? I've ordered stuff from overseas before and I find it remarkable how quickly it makes it to CA, but then takes a REALLY long time just to make it across a few states to CO. Thoughts?
    Yes...considerably...
    There should be a tracking number given to you by Dan. That number will work with USPS tracking.

My jacket arrived was processed through LA Customs last weekend but just made it to northern California on Friday.
    There should be a tracking number given to you by Dan. That number will work with USPS tracking.

My jacket arrived was processed through LA Customs last weekend but just made it to northern California on Friday.

Thanks so much for that! I didn't realize the tracking numbers would work on the domestic side. Looks like I'm due to get my jacket today! :)) -{
    Yes...considerably...
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Just got my Harrington 2.0. I had an XL in the original run, and it was just a bit too tight in the shoulders/chest for my liking. Luckily, Dan was gracious enough to get a few XXL's in the 2nd run.

Comparing them side by side, they are both outstanding pieces. I do like the touch of the black zippers on run 2, as it is more SA. I agree with the others though, that the zippers are still very "sticky" at the bottom. Can be frustrating taking the jacket off and on. The sleeves are definitely longer now, so may have to have a tailor shorten them a bit. Also, I agree that the front pockets could be deeper. I don't have big hands, but they don't go in very far. My cell phone (which isn't huge) also doesn't fit deep enough for me to feel confident that it won't fall out.

Just for reference, the material is a lighter weight cotton than the first run and seems to be a bit darker navy. The liner is also a darker navy than before.

Overall, the few "negatives" are just nit picking. This is a fantastic jacket. You will not be disappointed if you pull the trigger. As always, thanks to Dan for all the time and energy that goes into having these done. -{
    edited May 2015
    I received my Harrington, so I guess it's time to weigh in. I owned a size medium of the 1.0 but sold it a few weeks ago having last tried it on last year, so I'm going off memory.

I switched to a size large for added shoulder width, neck size, and sleeve length. While the medium fit, it was too fitted for my taste. (I learned I don't like to wear clothes the way DC or The Mantis often do.) So the large fits much better. It is a little too big on me due to a sudden loss in weight, but I expect that to rectify itself in time. The sleeves can be slightly stacked (I have long arms). And movement isn't constricted at all.

Now for the differences between the runs:

Color of the jacket: Lining is darker. No big deal. The outer color is darker. Perhaps a touch less blue. Certainly it looks darker than the actual Tom Ford coat when comparing it in direct sunlight to the costume card. I remember the first run being a hair more blue than the Tom Ford. Not a big change, but I preferred the color of the first run.

Weight of fabric: The second run is a lighter weight and does drape looser (also taking into account sizing differences). This change I like.

Pockets: Yes, the pockets are shallow. Can't recall the first run pocket size. I'm glad I keep my cell phone on inside pockets only.

The zipper: **SIGH** Lets start with the zipper pulls. The change from brown to black is a plus for screen accuracy, but I liked the look of the brown pulls better. Now the zipper itself. Did I mention **SIGH**? My large 2.0 sticks much worse than my medium 1.0. I too had to put it on and take it off like a t-shirt before I could get it undone. Pulling the fabric away, as Dan describes, does nothing to help unzip the jacket. I was holding it up 9 inches in front of my face to unzip it the first time in hopes of seeing what the problem is. The double zipper on my Haiti only stuck once. I had hoped the new Harrington run could match that. If the use of the zipper doesn't improve I may see about having it replaced, it's that annoying.

UPDATED ZIPPER COMMENTS: Zipping up the jacket is only a minor inconvenience. Just have to go slow, make sure both pulls click into place, and pretend to be left-handed. Unzipping the jacket is where the real problem lies. Both pulls are down all the way but the zipper won't release without a struggle. This has nothing to do with the fabric around the zipper. I have to wonder if when Dan tested the zippers he tested unzipping them as well. As a point of comparison I took the Haiti out of the closet this morning and unzipped it from its hanger with one hand in a smooth, fluid motion. No sticking at all.

So would I recommend the jacket? Yes, with caveats. Aesthetically, I prefer the first run. The second run Harrington is still a beautiful jacket, Bond connections notwithstanding. But be aware the pockets are on the small side and the zippers may be Mantis's smooth or frustratingly sticky. So, overall, three stars out of four.
    This talk of lighter cotton made me curious, as I'd not noticed it at all. So just weighed the old and new versions (size L):

Old: 652g
    New: 640g

12g difference ? Thats the weight of one CD, hardly anything to complain about.
  • LqLq Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    I to Received my royale Harrington yesterday and it's nothing but superb sleeve length it fine I
    Was a bit concerned when I ordered it as the length went up to 26inchs but it fits fine the zip
    Works well to,
    So I'm one happy customer and will definitely be purchasing more royale product from Daniel love
    And royale filmwear .
    For reference here is a screen used TF taken in sunlight....you can see it compared nicely to the black of the form...it should look blue in sunlight...

qostfharrington2.jpg

And of course, here it is in movie lighting in a dark alley...

qostfharrington.jpg
    Finally got my Harrington jacket! Like the look and weight of this a lot! I am oh-so-on-the-fence about what size I got though. The large doesn't look overly big but it's definitely not super snug on me either. I would worry however that the back length would be too short if I went down a size. It fits correctly in the shoulders too, so I'm definitely leaning towards keeping it. I understand what people were saying about the zipper but mine wasn't all that bad. Overall I'm super happy. Thanks Dan! -{
    Yes...considerably...
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Thanks Dan. Got mine today, quality is great and my Medium is great fit wise, just need to get the arms tailored. Very happy :/)
  • ErikErik Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    Got mine Harrington today. Very happy about it. Size M fits perfect. even sleeve length is right. Tall dutch, 195cm long arms. ;-) Material feels great. Nice to have a exclusive jacket, with some bond feeling with it. -{ Only thing i have to practice is the zipper. Seems like a Bond evil thing. :)) Thanks Daniel! and keep up the good work!

Grtz Erik
    Spent a day wearing the Harrington. Got a couple complements on the jacket.

It was very comfortable in 55F weather in San Francisco. A bit warm in direct sunlight in 70F Los Gatos that afternoon.

Fit wise it is currently a bit big on me due to the weight loss I mentioned in my earlier post. The waist tab is on the second button for now until I gain the weight back. The neck can be buttoned as is, something I couldn't do with the medium 1.0. Chest a bit big for now, but not too bad. I'm sure with a medium I'd look like a midnight blue twig.

The outer pocket is a bit small to be completely practical, but I managed to carry my phone by buttoning the pocket. Helps I only have a 4.7" screen. Anything lager wouldn't fit. Probably best to think of the pockets as hand warmers only.

The zipper is a bit better with practice, but the main issue is still unzipping the jacket. There is no reason for it to stick like this when the Haiti double zipper does not.

Still a lint magnet. No change from the 1.0 there. :)) What I have noticed is that this jacket has a lot more unfinished threads sticking out than the 1.0.

I previously gave the jacket 3 out of 4, and I think I'll keep it at that. A very good jacket.
  • sf1185sf1185 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Harrington Jacket Review -

Let me just start by saying that I have been looking around for this jacket for a couple of years now. I have never been able to find an authentic Tom Ford Harrington online, and all the of the other replica's that I have seen people make over the years always seemed liked something was missing, until now.

This is the Jacket you are looking for...

As far as I can tell it is as close to screen authentic as you can possibly get. I have watched Quantum a couple of times and this seems to be as close to screen authentic as can be. I love the material, nice weight but great for Southern California weather. This is going to be my go to jacket from now on. Nice enough for a night out, but casual enough for every day wear.

When buying my jacket I emailed Daniel to see if he thought I should be a Small or a Medium given his sizing instructions. He responded to me almost instantly. We decided to go with Medium because I figured I could always have it tailored. It arrived in less than a week Australia to Los Angeles. IT FITS PERFECTLY. I thought the arms would be a little too long, but they are great. I LOVE THIS JACKET and I have only had it for 2 days. I have noticed some complaints from some people about the zipper to which I say WHAT?!?!?! Talk about nitpicking... Zipper works fine. Done and Done.

I like this jacket so much I have already thought about ordering another one to have a back up just in case something happens to mine. Anyways long story short, if you are thinking you want the Quantum Harrington Jacket, just buy it and don't look back. What a good purchase. Thank you for the Jacket Daniel. Keep up the good work.
    Now I've got a 2.0, my 1.0 is for sale. Was worn once, still in perfect condition. It's a size Large, only asking £90 + shipping (worldwide)
    CRB wrote:
    Now I've got a 2.0, my 1.0 is for sale. Was worn once, still in perfect condition. It's a size Large, only asking £90 + shipping (worldwide)

PM sent.
  • SuperkavSuperkav Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    edited May 2015
    My 2.0 Harrington is for sale, as new, size medium.
    Wearing the Version 2.O Harrington throughout Europe. It's weathered rain, cold, heat, boat spray, and an occasional spilled cocktail. More than surviving I would say!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Need a large if anyone is selling?
    Last rat standing.