New Aston Martin to feature in Bond 24

Comments

• FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    I thank you!

Looks nice to me!!
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I can't put my finger on it, but I don't know if I like the look of that AM ?
    Might take a bit of time for it to grow on me. :))

Ermmm...that's not an AM...its from David Brown Automotive...I like it -{
    Last rat standing.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Only my taste but, the grill reminds me of a Maserati. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I see that and you can tell there is a jag trying to get out but on the whole a refreshing look at an awesome Bond car.

Only my taste but, the grill reminds me of a Maserati. :D
    Last rat standing.
    :)) I'll keep giving it a look, it might grow on me. I do like my Jags. -{ :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • barracudabarracuda CataloniaPosts: 97MI6 Agent
    I kind of like it but it's not an Aston and putting Bond in it would seem like they were trying a bit too hard and missing by a mile.
    'Yes, dammit, I said "was". The bitch is dead now.'
    The James Bond Dossier | SPECTRE | Q-Branch James Bond Podcast
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    I think it's a beautifly car, but too retro for Bond.
    What makes you think this is my first time?
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Flighty wrote:

It's a loverly car and it's a David Brown too - very Bond
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Absolutely perfect :007)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    love love love it love the rear roof pillar ,love the back light cluster love the wheels
    love the hood scoop ,you get the picture :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    love love love it love the rear roof pillar ,love the back light cluster love the wheels
    love the hood scoop ,you get the picture :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Think I'd have one
    After reading Solo and picturing Bond in the Jenson FF mark 1, I love the Retro look and can't wait to see bond flying around in it!! Especially if they convince Christopher Plummer to team up with Craig again as his nemesis let's hope they get Min-Sik Choi as his hench man (devil may care) and 24 will be complete!!
    Last rat standing.
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    In addition to the new Aston in the next film, why not also feature a retro 1969 DBS?
    After all, the DB5 was destroyed in SF...and the "new" Bond in 1969 drove the Olive DBS...so, why not?
    Would do wonders for the model, and would be a great bit of fun to see that car again in a film.
    Sniper rifle in the glove box, and trilby laying on the console...
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    Hold off on the sixties DBS for a while. It's one I want, and I could do without a popular resurgence for a year or two... ;)
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • JayskiJayski Munich, GermanyPosts: 82MI6 Agent
    No question any Aston Bond has or will ever have will suit him perfectly, but I wait patiently for his return to a Bentley.
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    Would be nice. Continental would be the best bet, but it's old and popular. Bentley need a reworked new generation model.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    It's a pitty they don'tmake a lighter sports car, for a younger driver.
    What makes you think this is my first time?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Mr Mallory wrote:
    It's a pitty they don'tmake a lighter sports car, for a younger driver.

Or a cheaper car, for the skint driver :))
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Personally I think Bond 24 should feature a greener Bond (No Dalton quips please Bondtots) so he should be behind the wheel of an Aston Martin Vanq' no Vant'.....CYGNET :D
    aston_martin_cygnet_1.jpg

"Q, I've just driven the DBS into a tank...and lost!"...easier to park now :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    (No Dalton quips please Bondtots)

hard to resist..... :D
    Remember that Asp9mm shares my modest opinion re. Dalton and the misty eyes :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Number 24 will probably be on to say DC is too small for that car. :))
    Number 24 will probably be on to say DC is too small for that car. :))
    That would not be an issue. The Q Branch variant Cygnet07 has a quick release floor panel which serves two purposes: One, the taller agent can fit in the cabin by having his ass drag along the road which also acts as an additional hot air brake and Two, Le Chiffre can slip under the floor pan for a spot of knotted rope on 00-ball action :s
    :)) and you could get extra speed " Flintstone " style :D
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    If they didn't cost several arms and legs, it would be so tempting to buy a Cygnet just so that you'd be able to rightfully wear and carry all that great Aston Martin clobber without feeling like a complete fraud! You could sport your natty AM baseball cap and when someone says "Do you have an Aston?" you could honestly reply "Actually, I do" and then hurry away before they ask you which one.
    If they didn't cost several arms and legs, it would be so tempting to buy a Cygnet just so that you'd be able to rightfully wear and carry all that great Aston Martin clobber without feeling like a complete fraud! You could sport your natty AM baseball cap and when someone says "Do you have an Aston?" you could honestly reply "Actually, I do" and then hurry away before they ask you which one.
    Hopefully they may come down in price :-)
    Thomo wrote:

Couple of years old Cygnet (now discontinued by AML) roughly 20-25k, 2006 DB9 roughly 28-30k....difficult innit?, however Cygnet UK road tax 30 Quid, DB9 UK road tax 280 Quid...hmmmmm :s
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Thomo wrote:

Couple of years old Cygnet (now discontinued by AML) roughly 20-25k, 2006 DB9 roughly 28-30k....difficult innit?, however Cygnet UK road tax 30 Quid, DB9 UK road tax 280 Quid...hmmmmm :s
    Hard choice that one lol
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:

Not to mention the insurance!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I saw a shiny chrome one in Eaton Square on Saturday, it was like a mirror it was that shiny. On Sunday I saw a shiny mirror finished gold chrome one off Davies Street. What are they thinking :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Shiny Shiny Shiny, you old Magpie :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Maybe it was a really dirty aston but covered in tiny screens showing the image
    Of a really shiny one. :))