James Bond's death

JuraquagmireJuraquagmire CanadaPosts: 49MI6 Agent
I read somewhere on website, it's state that Ian Fleming intended to finished Bond series with 'From Russia With Love', and Bond die at end, but someone persuade him write more, by then Fleming revival Bond again in 'Dr No'.
Is that true?
If so, was it's fit end of Bond?
If nobody persuade Fleming, would you happy with five novels?
Dalton is the Bond! Lazenby is the other fella.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,502Chief of Staff
    Yes, it is true that Fleming toyed with killing off Bond at the end of FRWL but brought him back in DN.
    No, it wouldn't have been a fitting end.
    No, I wouldn't have been happy with five novels.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,686Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    Yes, it is true that Fleming toyed with killing off Bond at the end of FRWL but brought him back in DN.
    No, it wouldn't have been a fitting end.
    No, I wouldn't have been happy with five novels.

Yep...pretty much what he said -{
    YNWA 97
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Be glad that he decided to continue -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) +1
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JuraquagmireJuraquagmire CanadaPosts: 49MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't happy with Bond's death. Though, I actually OK with 5 novels.
    Dalton is the Bond! Lazenby is the other fella.
    Fleming was Ill during the Writing of FRWL. A Curse that has gripped a lot of the Bond Novel Authors.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,780MI6 Agent
    Its irronic, Poirot, Holmes, Bond. All their authors toyed with bumping them off at the height of their literary sucess, only to recant and contunue the characters. As grateful as I am that Ms Christie, Mr Fleming and (after a public outcry) Sir Arthur changed their minds, it makes me wonder which the literary heros didn't make it at their authors choice, and who those characters would be today?
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Fleming was Ill during the Writing of FRWL. A Curse that has gripped a lot of the Bond Novel Authors.

Was he?

Has it?
    Yes, Gardner was Ill during the Middle of his Tenur of Bond Authors too.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Yes, Gardner was Ill during the Middle of his Tenur of Bond Authors too.

Are you sure you're not confusing Fleming's declining health in later life and heart condition of the late 50 and 60s for when FRWL was written in the mid 1950s?

And Gardner's health issues toward the end of his Bond run constitute one example from a list of Amis, Pearson, Wood, Gardner himself, Benson, Higson, Weinberg, Faulks, Deaver and Boyd. That is one individual out of 10, not what might be considered "a lot" nor would therefore constitute a "curse" as suggested in your previous post.
    Worded it wrong :s
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Wrongly written understanding hard you make. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,502Chief of Staff
    Wrongly written understanding hard you make. :))

Impersonating Yoda for Star Wars forum is, James Bond not. :s
    Bond, I am your Father!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,840MI6 Agent
    edited May 2014
    Its irronic, Poirot, Holmes, Bond. All their authors toyed with bumping them off at the height of their literary sucess, only to recant and contunue the characters. As grateful as I am that Ms Christie, Mr Fleming and (after a public outcry) Sir Arthur changed their minds, it makes me wonder which the literary heros didn't make it at their authors choice, and who those characters would be today?

*** SPOILER ALERT! ***

Agatha Christie actually killed off Poirot. In "Curtains" he dies, but she didn't let the story be published until 1975, even though she wrote it 30 years earlier.