Bond's Gun and Airport Security

2»

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited July 2014
    A weapon of " Ass-destruction ! " :))

And not so much "A clean kill " ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    'Nice and Messy 007'
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    " You've no idea what it went through, to get it here !" ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    edited July 2014
    I was watching the news this evening while at the gym, and spotted the new "Electronic devices must be charged up" rule for flying.

- You think the writers had a crystal ball when they wrote EMP's line "..and Q is afraid of flying." The poor Quartermaster certainly has reason to now!

Customs: Ok so the IPad works. How many other items do you have sir?

Q: (Looking sheepish) "Erm, 252, if you include the defensive weapons, disguised devices and the nerve gas pen!"

Cut to: M's Office later that day. M loks annoyed. Tanner loks apologetic.

Tanner: So after the third hour, customs finally agreed to call us, and with your permission sir, will authorise a chit for Q to use in cases where he has to supply Q Branch materials out of the country. Erm, the Foreign Secretary and the new Chief of internal security both want to see you, and it seems the containers got mixed up with one belonging to Sir Hugo Drax. Seems he's diverging into Aerospace technologies? Odd thing was his crate was bound for Auric Enterprises in Switzerland?

M (into Intercom) Moneypenny, cancel my appointments for the next three hours, and get me everything we have on Sir Hugo Drax, Auric Enterprises and Sony.

Penny: Yes sir.

Tanner: Sony sir?

M: All these computers video screens and laptops they supply us. - Who else are they supplying? Might as well find out at the same time, and FIND BOND!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    It could be like the opening scene from Collateral, where Vincent just arrived at LAX with a briefcase and bumps into Jason Statham's character who also has a briefcase and both pick up each others briefcases. its a clever way to pick up your weapons and equipment i thought.
    I say we put it down to one of the things Bond does
    off camera, like sweeping for bugs etc. :))
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I say we put it down to one of the things Bond does
    off camera, like sweeping for bugs etc. :))

....and having a poo.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    :)) Excatly and collecting the staff lottery money. :D
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    In the Gardner Continuation Novels, Bond hides his Firearm in a secret Compartment within his Suitcase -{

Yes, agreed, I think that's what other writers also said in their continuation novels but don't remember which ones (I think it was done again in Solo). In the movies including the recent ones, I think they just assume that Bond getting his gun through airport security is a given and the audience gets it. Since they've shown before that Q's technology can do that kind of thing, I would imagine that nowadays, secret compartments in Bond's luggage would also have some electronic gizmo based on magnetic resonance (or something like that) that could trick x-rays and other airport security machines to make whatever is in that space to look like socks or underwear.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    I would imagine that nowadays, secret compartments in Bond's luggage would also have some electronic gizmo based on magnetic resonance (or something like that) that could trick x-rays and other airport security machines to make whatever is in that space to look like socks or underwear.
    Welcome to the land of Treknobabble. :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS