Next Bond actor: Jeremy Renner?

Comments

• superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Too old! Standen would be 40 in 2021, at the beginning of his run as Bond.
    Craiig was 37 when he took on the role( and he was ment to be rookie Bond) and Pierce was 42 so don't really see the problem.
  • db5.007db5.007 SwitzerlandPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Think it has also to do with EO being able to keep a 2 years gap between movies ....
    "Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent
    Not another Stumpy!

I mean, I'm all for this equal opportunity thing, but one little person is enough (as a Bond I mean, Nick Nack was great!!!)
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Peppermill wrote:
    What kind of first post is this?!

just a way to bumb up some google search rankings.
    I'd bad users for this kind of crap immediately :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    We know.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Craiig was 37 when he took on the role( and he was ment to be rookie Bond) and Pierce was 42 so don't really see the problem.

Brosnan lasted 7 years (it only seemed like a hundred). With the current production schedule, Standen would only get in at most four movies and I think EON would probably want at least five.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I wish they could go back to the Days of having one Film a Year, but it's not financially feasible now :(
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'd be happy with one every two years {[] I'm a traditionalist :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

Brosnan lasted 7 years (it only seemed like a hundred). With the current production schedule, Standen would only get in at most four movies and I think EON would probably want at least five.
    Would be more than happy with four movies from Standen he could probably do five and would only be early fifties like Craig probably will with Bond 25.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I think Clive Standen is a very good candidate. He has the acting and action skills, the right look, age and height and the righ
    t level of fame.
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    edited August 2014
    Would not be my choice but please dont hate on me for this. Jamie Bell has been very clever on his project choices. Hes still young and would probably be of age when Dan hangs up his walther. He also worked with Dan closely in Defiance and Tin Tin. and was hit with the critics in Filth with James Mcavoy. Daniel spoke highly of his ability in defiance and is already in the inner circle.

http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-samsung&biw=320&bih=201&site=webhp&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=mcPrU-zhIY7FPLS5gKgM&q=jamie+bell&oq=jamie+bell&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..0l5.3806.10578.0.12320.12.8.0.4.4.1.1681.6209.3-1j1j2j3j0j1.8.0....0...1c.1.51.mobile-gws-serp..1.11.5304.1.Mk46AKeuBmI#facrc=_&imgrc=z9cZDLrY04y-jM%253A%3BCqhDn4PpITvq5M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn.screenrant.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252FJamie-Bell-Ant-Man-Rumor.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fscreenrant.com%252Fant-man-casting-rashida-jones-jamie-bell-rumors%252F%3B450%3B450
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    No hate here. Interesting choice, though I don't see it happening. Still, what do I know- I wouldn't have picked Craig! :)
    Who knows, Christian Bale was a child actor, who has grown into
    A fantastic actor, even a great Batman -{ :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    Who knows, Christian Bale was a child actor, who has grown into
    A fantastic actor, even a great Batman -{ :D

A good point TP. Josh Brolin another example of a child actor who came good.
    I like Jamie Bell as an actor. He has an interesting look and his age is right, but I don't think he is a very good candidate for Bond. His look is too far from the traditional Bond look when it comes to hair colour and height (5' 7''). Craig opened up the field when he was cast, but I think they should at least try to cast tall and dark haired actors for the cast (why do I keep doing this to myself? :# )
    :)) Bond is a bit more than being tall and dark haired :D Connery
    Played him for years with NO hair ! :)) , I'm tall and ( darkish , mostly grey now ) ;)
    Doesn't mean I could play Bond, well I could obviously, but I'm speaking of
    Normal men. :p :))
    There are many qualities a Bond actor should have: be in his 30's or 40's, be British, athletic,be a good actor, have dark hair, be tall etc. If one looks at the men who have played Bond, not all have possesed all those qualities, so they aren't strict rules. But while good acting and a talent for action is more important, light hair and short stature is not a plus if an actor wants to be Bond.
    To be honest on the height thing, I've never noticed it in any sequence.
    Even now I can't think of a scene in any of Craig's films, where I can
    Remember thinking " Damn I wish he was taller " :)) , either he's a better
    Actor than some think, or they are careful with camera angles etc. :D
    That's it - Craig is the first Bond actor where the director had to think of angels and casting to hide the fact that he is not very tall. His height doesn't hinder him from playing Bond, it just makes it harder.
    At 5' 10" I wouldn't say DC is short. :)) maybe not as tall as previous Bonds
    But he' not a short arse ! :)) I don't think we'll see the crew having to dig trenches
    For his leading ladies ,as they did for Audie Murphy ;)
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    At 5' 10" I wouldn't say DC is short. :)) maybe not as tall as previous Bonds
    But he' not a short arse ! :)) I don't think we'll see the crew having to dig trenches
    For his leading ladies ,as they did for Audie Murphy ;)

I agree. Although he isn't as tall as the other Bond actors, Craig certainly isn't short. His height has been a non-factor as far as I'm concerned.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    edited August 2014
    I called him "not very tall", I don't think I called him short. If you have to use something I actually didn't write to argue against me, you are both on thin ice :))

I can use a direct quote to make my point, TP:" ...or they are careful with camera angles etc." :D
    As I've said before I never let facts or logic interfere with my arguments ! :))
    You are right, TP. Logic and facts are not your friends in this discussion :))
    Number24 wrote:
    I called him "not very tall", I don't think I called him short. If you have to use something I actually didn't write to argue against me, you are both on thin ice :))

I can use a direct quote to make my point, TP:" ...or they are careful with camera angles etc." :D

I'm often on thin ice around here, so I'll be okay! :))
    A piece of advice about finding yourself on thin ice: The best route is to turn around and get on safe ground :v
    Number24 wrote:
    A piece of advice about finding yourself on thin ice: The best route is to turn around and get on safe ground :v

Unless of course the ice is even thinner wherever you turn, in which case it's better to stay put! :D
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I think Clive Standen is a very good candidate. He has the acting and action skills, the right look, age and height and the right level of fame.

I've never seen any of his films, admittedly, but you're right about the looks, age and height. I'm on the bandwagon.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
    Number24 wrote:

Unless of course the ice is even thinner wherever you turn, in which case it's better to stay put! :D

Your only problem is logic again. :v When you walk on ice the only route you know is safe is where you have allready walked, i.e. behind you ...
    " Only people who want to stay alive, play it safe " ;)