Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

1356712

Comments

  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,195MI6 Agent
    I like it. Can't imagine that I could afford to buy it, but I do like it. It looks very comfortable, warm and doesn't seem to restrict movement too much. I could certainly picture Bond wearing it in the right context.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 2,559MI6 Agent
    My first reaction is, "I don't like it." What the heck is going on with the pockets? Otherwise it's rather generic, isn't it?
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Gents, I give you what will more than likely be at least one of the Bond jackets in the upcoming production...will let the discussions begin:


    Bond25_TFJacket.jpg

    Nice one! Reminds me of a classic WWII RAF pilot jacket. I guess a winter setup will more than likely appear in the new movie?
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 513MI6 Agent
    I'm hoping they do include pieces that are a bit more attainable. That's what was nice about Skyfall. Most of the wardrobe pieces were not $1000+ other then the suits. The peacoat, the Barbour, the LVC jacket (even tho it was close), cords, sweaters, henleys, boots were all somewhat affordable and attainable, especially when the Barbour and LVC jackets hit a sale.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,529MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't mind seeing that jacket. It's in the spirit of 80's Roger Moore, which I consider one of the best eras of Bond clothes.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,826MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Until we see it on film, it's always speculation...I did not buy this, but my source took this picture and double digits of these were purchased. Action scene?

    Do you know the price
    Ross
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    knowing Tf, easily over $3K.

    my first thought was not too bad but this is something like Burberry brit would put out.
  • WardWard Maryland/LondonPosts: 195MI6 Agent
    Definitely not bad although I agree on the ribbed material...not a fan. Nice enough jacket though.
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 265MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I wouldn't mind seeing that jacket. It's in the spirit of 80's Roger Moore, which I consider one of the best eras of Bond clothes.

    I'm a bit surprised by this, as I tend to think of the 70's/80's as a sartorial dark age (though I still enjoy the films from the period). I would be curious to hear/see your rationale.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,529MI6 Agent
    JMac88 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    I wouldn't mind seeing that jacket. It's in the spirit of 80's Roger Moore, which I consider one of the best eras of Bond clothes.

    I'm a bit surprised by this, as I tend to think of the 70's/80's as a sartorial dark age (though I still enjoy the films from the period). I would be curious to hear/see your rationale.

    The mid to late 70s was indeed a sartorial dark age but the early 80s brought back the classics. Roger Moore's 80s suits are some of the nicest of the series. The rest of his wardrobe then was fairly classic too. Roger Moore never went for any of the 80s trends in his suits except for a low button stance. His suits didn't have the low gorge or power shoulders that were becoming more common towards the end of his tenure as Bond. The black Tom Ford jacket in question is like a black version of the shearling jacket Roger Moore wears in For Your Eyes Only, though not as conservative as Moore's jacket. The mid 80s into the mid 90s was pretty awful again for clothes. That's when baggy clothes were in, as you can see in Licence to Kill.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 265MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    JMac88 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    I wouldn't mind seeing that jacket. It's in the spirit of 80's Roger Moore, which I consider one of the best eras of Bond clothes.

    I'm a bit surprised by this, as I tend to think of the 70's/80's as a sartorial dark age (though I still enjoy the films from the period). I would be curious to hear/see your rationale.

    The mid to late 70s was indeed a sartorial dark age but the early 80s brought back the classics. Roger Moore's 80s suits are some of the nicest of the series. The rest of his wardrobe then was fairly classic too. Roger Moore never went for any of the 80s trends in his suits except for a low button stance. His suits didn't have the low gorge or power shoulders that were becoming more common towards the end of his tenure as Bond. The black Tom Ford jacket in question is like a black version of the shearling jacket Roger Moore wears in For Your Eyes Only, though not as conservative as Moore's jacket. The mid 80s into the mid 90s was pretty awful again for clothes. That's when baggy clothes were in, as you can see in Licence to Kill.

    Taking a look at the early 80's films again I can see what you mean. Thanks for the explanation.
  • pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 163MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Hello gang,

    Wanted to share some news. At Tom Ford yesterday, it was shared with us that Craig was refitted at Tom Ford only 4 days ago in the NYC store. In addition to being fitted for clothing there was a discussion of what he might be wearing from a casual standpoint. I was able to see blue chukka boots, a very strange purplish/royal blue jacket, and a VERY cool black bomber. No suits were discussed but most of his clothes will be from the 2015 lines and thus nothing discussed is available publicly yet....watch this space though for more news to come as it breaks and of course right now none of these things might be in the film...but it's a first glimmer......here are some fun pics of our visit (3 hours, 3 bottles of champagne, and too much money later)...also, my wife and I attended a Washington DC event this past Saturday and I was able to wear a certain SkyFall tuxedo...just fun stuff....




    skyfalltux.jpg

    IMG_7487.jpg

    IMG_7488.jpg

    IMG_7479.jpg

    IMG_7481.jpg

    tf2.jpg

    Cool Pics guys. Trust everyone is well.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,903MI6 Agent
    This is Daniel Craig yesterday watching Liverpool FC on their USA tour.

    Not sure on the neck tie lol

    10524004_10152722778372573_737128099496217642_n.jpg?oh=6bef682552e94036ed0f61122845a435&oe=5459BDF9&__gda__=1413605267_c164306ac9fbec642160706c2c4b7ca9
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • B549 WUUB549 WUU Posts: 145MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    This is Daniel Craig yesterday watching Liverpool FC on their USA tour.

    Not sure on the neck tie lol

    10524004_10152722778372573_737128099496217642_n.jpg?oh=6bef682552e94036ed0f61122845a435&oe=5459BDF9&__gda__=1413605267_c164306ac9fbec642160706c2c4b7ca9

    Come on Daniel. A little smile would be nice! :D
  • db5.007db5.007 SwitzerlandPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Time passes to everyone ....
    "Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,314Chief of Staff
    B549 WUU wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    This is Daniel Craig yesterday watching Liverpool FC on their USA tour.

    Not sure on the neck tie lol

    10524004_10152722778372573_737128099496217642_n.jpg?oh=6bef682552e94036ed0f61122845a435&oe=5459BDF9&__gda__=1413605267_c164306ac9fbec642160706c2c4b7ca9

    Come on Daniel. A little smile would be nice! :D

    He was laughing and joking throughout the match...heck, he even waved when he was shown on the stadium screen ! :D
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    Maybe he's thinking " Perhaps this "Neck Tie" thing, was a mistake ?" :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,529MI6 Agent
    Maybe he's thinking " Perhaps this "Neck Tie" thing, was a mistake ?" :))

    It's actually a neckerchief, and it's still a mistake. The two-button cardigan is also odd.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    The "neckerchief" ( thanks for the correct term -{ ) is the only odd
    Item, in my opinion. Then again what do I know and if he's happy {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    That jacket it from the TF Autumn / Winter 2014 range and its around 7K ish. I only know that as I looking at the leather jacket from the range and that was coming in at around 5K :o

    http://www.tomford.com/a-w-mens-2014/
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,903MI6 Agent
    ajd_007 wrote:
    That jacket it from the TF Autumn / Winter 2014 range and its around 7K ish... :o

    http://www.tomford.com/a-w-mens-2014/

    7K US$$ or £££?

    Ouch, guess we wont be getting one lol

    PS which one is it - I can't see it
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    If you go on look 2 on the TF link, that was in UK money.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,903MI6 Agent
    Its a diff jacket mate but I guess prob same ballpark figure
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,398MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    This is Daniel Craig yesterday watching Liverpool FC on their USA tour.

    Not sure on the neck tie lol

    10524004_10152722778372573_737128099496217642_n.jpg?oh=6bef682552e94036ed0f61122845a435&oe=5459BDF9&__gda__=1413605267_c164306ac9fbec642160706c2c4b7ca9
    what the hell was he thinking when he decided to wear that neck tie.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,477Quartermasters
    The sweater he is wearing is from Lanvin....it's a great sweater...
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 1,985MI6 Agent
    ajd_007 wrote:
    That jacket it from the TF Autumn / Winter 2014 range and its around 7K ish. I only know that as I looking at the leather jacket from the range and that was coming in at around 5K :o

    http://www.tomford.com/a-w-mens-2014/

    Yeah, that's a different jacket. I kind of like it better, honestly! Those ribbed cuffs, ugh.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,903MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    The sweater he is wearing is from Lanvin....it's a great sweater...

    Thought it might have been Lanvin again but couldn't find it in that colour

    Guess those are Scotch jeans
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BlueBludBlueBlud Posts: 185MI6 Agent
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 265MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

    Guess those are Scotch jeans

    Tough call, I'd like to know what denim he's been wearing lately. I own 4 pairs of Ralstons, absolutely love them, but I'm not convinced he's been wearing Scotch & Soda since last year. I'd love to be proven wrong though, as they're my favourite jeans.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,477Quartermasters
    The Lanvin he wears is from several seasons ago...was able to snag one that someone let go...I can see why its his go to sweater...light weight, fitted, comfortable...easy.
Sign In or Register to comment.