If Dalton continued....

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

Emperor Palpatine has a new apprentice..... Now there are two of them. :o

Don't forget Asp9mm, who's responsible for cutting my toenails :D
    We're getting more and more - soon we will take over the board and even the mentioning of 'The Name' will result in a lifelong ban :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    even the mentioning of 'The Name' will result in a lifelong ban :D
    You make Carver look like a saint.
    :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    This reminds me of the attack of the Roger Moore Fans ( From AJB , the hidden history !)

In the mid 00's an extreme, sect of Roger Moore fans " The not so jolly Rogers " tried to overthrow the establishedleadership, Once again we were lucky to have a small group of Brosnan and Connery Fans to beat them off,  manygood Bond fans were lost, and as Blackleiter commented " When did this happen, I don't remember any of this "  showingHow the AJB memory wiping Techniques have advanced over the years. Even to this day The Mods get very nervous whenever four ot more Moore fans gather on a forum, as the talk of rebellion is never far away.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,339Chief of Staff
    Ah, those were the days. Just before the Craig Wars. "Begun this Craig War has", as you said at the time.
    For God’s sake let us sit upon the grouud
    And tell sad stories of the death of kings:

Now who the hell started Barbel talking about the war ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of Dalton!
    " Yes, I got the Message ! " :007)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Lest we forget -{ :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Like the Godfather, or Hogwarts. On joining AJB007. You should be
    Assigned to of the great houses or Families. :))
    Connery house, Lazenby house ... Etc... Etc ... Etc... :))
    Hey, I like that idea! :)) That makes Higgins Draco Malfoy, Sir Miles Maggie Smith, TP Ron Weasley.....
    If I'm anyone it's Hermione Granger, I look great in a gym slip. :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    Hey, I like that idea! :)) That makes Higgins Draco Malfoy, Sir Miles Maggie Smith, TP Ron Weasley.....

DAME Maggie Smith - thank you very much X-(

:D
    YNWA 97
    Quite right, Professor. And obviously I'm Hagrid.
    I'm in the House of Dalton, and shall defend it till my last Breath :)) -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • King KamalKing Kamal Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    More of a Hufflepuff myself, keeping out of this and staying firmly in the background where no one can notice me ;)
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Connery,Craig and Lazenby are very psychical

You disappoint me, TP. Connery is very physical AND suave AND witty! :007)
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Blackleiter commented " When did this happen, I don't remember any of this "  showingHow the AJB memory wiping Techniques have advanced over the years.

Now, where did I leave my glasses?
    AND he can probably spell a lot better than me too. :))
    And get more of the Women :))
  • dr. evan-gelistdr. evan-gelist SheffieldPosts: 398MI6 Agent
    I admit brosnan was slightly better than dalton would have been in GE but the films began to slip from TND onwards.
    "You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
    James Bond- Licence To Kill
  • Smiert-SpionamSmiert-Spionam Posts: 318MI6 Agent
    Was thinking about this earlier. Certainly Dalton is probably my favourite Bond actor and I'm continually gutted that he only made 2 films during his tenure as 007. However having read the script details for his proposed 3rd film I'm kind of glad his time as Bond was cut short as it sounded as silly Moonraker in parts. Also I feel that the last scene in LTK was the perfect send off for Dalton (and the perfect send off for the classic Bond era of 1962-1989).

To answer the question, no I don't think Dalton continuing would have made him the best Bond in the eye of the general public as that mantle will always belong to Connery. However from my view point he embodied everything that I want to see in a Bond actor and I will never tire of the 2 brilliant entries he contributed to the Bond franchise.
    Smiert Spionam
    Glad you're a dalton fan. I wish personally he had made a view to a kill. He would have been better up against walken, similar to depps film with walken
    Another Dalton fan, Yea ! {[] Glad to see there are always more and more of us. -{
    Glad you're a dalton fan. I wish personally he had made a view to a kill. He would have been better up against walken, similar to depps film with walken

Agree! AVTAK with Dalton would have been mind blowing. Walken V Dalton is the stuff of dreams.
    Smiert Spionam
    Remember the worst scenes in avtak with roger asleep at staceys house, the slip down the firemans ladder and the final battle where you just wish for once the villain killed bond.
    I will never tire of the 2 brilliant entries he contributed to the Bond franchise

+1
    Remember the worst scenes in avtak with roger asleep at staceys house, the slip down the firemans ladder and the final battle where you just wish for once the villain killed bond.

Actually the bridge scene actually remains one of my faves from the Bond films. However this is mostly due to Zorin being a complete maniac and the brilliant score that accompanies the ensuing battle. Rog may be looking pretty old in AVTAK but I still think it's far from his worst film. It's just that Dalton would have done it so much better IMO :007)
    Smiert Spionam
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    He should have continued earlier. For me Dalton is the 80s Bond. He was ready in 1981 for FYEO, and the grittier tone suited him perfectly. He should have been introduced then.

As it is, the best actor ever to play Bond only did two films (but what two films!). Unfair, considering he only did one more than non-actor Lazenby.

He should have starred at least in one more, say in 1992. With a solid story, more traditional, a good villain who wants to destroy the world (say, Anthony Hopkins just after Silence of the Lambs), a good supporting cast, and a good marketing campaing, Dalton could really have established himself.

Dalton is one of the best, and probably the closest to Fleming both in looks and behaviour.
    +1, {[]
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Dalton is one of the best, and probably the closest to Fleming both in looks and behaviour.
    +2 -{
    And can I assume from your avatar that you, like me, wish Clive Owen had gotten a shot at OO7?