• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    How many mpg does it get?
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    ha, amazing!!!!

Can't wait to see this live in Donk's lair -{

You may have a long wait Mr Higgy Baby Sir :(

Is this an incredible Bond collectible?...You bet your ass it is -{

Is this a prop replica?..Donkey is not so sure, in fact I do not think it knows what it is? :s The miniature in Skyfall was a chassis mounted on a plinth with the panels mounted on said chassis much as a on real DB5. The gadgets/Browning barrels were fixed. There was no bullet proof shield & the ejector seat roof panel was simulated & as we now know the seats were composed of effectively foam filled rubber which is 100% fine for a film prop but for a £33,600.00 collectible I'm not so sure. I would have expected a leather trimmed interior or at the very least leather cloth! The additional Goldfinger gadgets & the lack of engine under the bonnet/hood to me have removed the prop replica tag from this incredible display piece. Perhaps I would feel differently if they had also automated the front & rear over riders & rear tyre slashers?....the ultimate ultimate Corgi 270 :D

Propshop_Aston_DB5_2.jpg
    The incredible 1/3 scale DB5 miniature created by Propshop for Skyfall
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I can just imagine you sitting astride it in you're leather trimmed loin cloth Donk :D :v meep meep :p
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Only just got word that Prop Shop went under -- a shock to those within the industry -- but also having never finished the 100 DB5s.
    Unknown -- to me, anyway -- how many were actually produced.
    To the best of my knowledge, I still have the only one in the US.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Word is, that someone else is going to be making them again. But static models. They will have the gadgets, but won’t be remotely operated.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............