OHMSS?: Watching Connery's Bond after the Scottish Referendum...

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Now, Let's all get back to slagging off the English ! :))
    ( Only joking, we all love each other ) :D {[]

Congratulations to Scotland for being able to have a civilised, debate and referendum
    Pitty some of the trolls on twitter can't be as courteous :# Some of the vile abuse, some
    People are getting ( in both No or Yes, camps ) is disgusting.

I was wondering if we'll hear anything about Sir Sean's views. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Yes, I'm curious to hear Sir Sean's Views on this. He has surprisingly stayed very silent on this Referendum.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    edited September 2014
    I remember in an interview with Honour Blackman ( who doesn't believe in the
    Honours system, or the Royal Family, she has Refused being made a Dame. ) and
    She said she was amazed that Sean ( a Scottish, nationalist ) accepted a Knighthood !
    It's an odd world. :))
    I'm still waiting for my CBE, every year she forgets. :# :))

Come to think of it all the fun will start again in a couple of years, when WE get the
    Referendum to get out of Europe ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    so, am I getting that right:

Scotland decided deliberately to stay a british colony? :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff
    TP- we get that referendum as well. I hope it gets as large a turnout!
    Higgins- the word "British" includes Scottish so your post makes no sense. Of course, we're used to your posts doing that.
  • Richard--WRichard--W USAPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Whatever happens on Thursday, it will not change my view of

(a) Sean Connery
    (b) James Bond
    (c) Sean Connery as James Bond

If anyone is wondering what those views are, then

(a) a genuine superstar, able to lift almost any movie simply by being in it
    (b) the greatest hero figure of the 20th and perhaps the 21st century
    (c) the best embodiment of that hero

Righteous post!
    The top 7 Bond films: 1) Dr No. 2) From Russia With Love. 3) Thunderball. 4) On Her Majesty's Secret Service. 5) For Your Eyes Only. 6) The Living Daylights. 7) Licence to Kill.
    Barbel wrote:
    TP- we get that referendum as well. I hope it gets as large a turnout!
    Higgins- the word "British" includes Scottish so your post makes no sense. Of course, we're used to your posts doing that.

Ok, let me rephrase it: Scotland decided deliberately to stay a colony? :D

Richard--W wrote:

Righteous post!

Hm, a non-flaming post from Richard--W.

Richard, you left a number of unanswered questions last time you graced us with your presence. Please address these before continuing to post.
    Higgins wrote:
    Scotland decided deliberately to stay a colony? :D

Like Bavaria is a German colony? :007)
    One Day we will have each County wanting to be a separate Country :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,691MI6 Agent
    One Day we will have each County wanting to be a separate Country :))

Sounds like the Holy Roman Empire before Prussia took it over and declared it Germany in the wake of the Franco-Prussian War in 1871. In other words a regression from the Union. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Well, Britain was like that after the Romans left.
    Barbel wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Scotland decided deliberately to stay a colony? :D

Like Bavaria is a German colony? :007)

Well Bavaria and Scotland have in common a language that noone understands outside of their territory :D
    Besides that, the big difference is that if someone asked Bavaria if they wanted to become independent - they'd leave in a heartbeat and noone would try to keep them off doing so :D

But with a german colony, we don't ask :)) :)) :))

From what I'm reading ...................
    I think, at the heart of the Matter, Many,..... Very Many Countries are Jealous that they were Not
    truly Gifted, Blessed even, ..... not to have been Included in Her Majesty's United Kingdom ! :D
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,691MI6 Agent
    From what I'm reading ...................
    I think, at the heart of the Matter, Many,..... Very Many Countries are Jealous that they were Not
    truly Gifted, Blessed even, ..... not to have been Included in Her Majesty's United Kingdom ! :D

Indeed, we are the envy of the world! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    In fact given that even President Obama, didn't want Scotland to leave the union !
    I would be surprised if now our American cousins are regretting, throwing all that
    Tea in the harbour. :D and may be looking back to the old country, to become
    A colony again ! ;) . I for one would welcome them back. All's forgiven ! You tried
    To wear the big daddy trousers but now see it's only the political Giants like Dave
    Cameron, who have the passion, skill and yes, pure sexual charisma needed to look
    After the world, and isn't it comforting to know that should anything happen to him. In
    The wings waiting is Good old Nick ! A modern Churchill. :))
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Richard--W wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    Whatever happens on Thursday, it will not change my view of

(a) Sean Connery
    (b) James Bond
    (c) Sean Connery as James Bond

If anyone is wondering what those views are, then

(a) a genuine superstar, able to lift almost any movie simply by being in it
    (b) the greatest hero figure of the 20th and perhaps the 21st century
    (c) the best embodiment of that hero

Righteous post!

Ah, a rare occurrence! I agree with you 100%! :007)
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    In fact given that even President Obama, didn't want Scotland to leave the union !
    I would be surprised if now our American cousins are regretting, throwing all that
    Tea in the harbour. :D and may be looking back to the old country, to become
    A colony again ! ;) . I for one would welcome them back. All's forgiven ! You tried
    To wear the big daddy trousers but now see it's only the political Giants like Dave
    Cameron, who have the passion, skill and yes, pure sexual charisma needed to look
    After the world, and isn't it comforting to know that should anything happen to him. In
    The wings waiting is Good old Nick ! A modern Churchill. :))

Hey!!!! :o :v

Ah, you know of Nick, then! :D
    Barbel wrote:

Ah, you know of Nick, then! :D

Yes, I've heard about him. :v
    Well, he won't be around for much longer- there's an election soon. Speaking of which, Alex Salmond is stepping down as First Minister after the referendum result didn't go his way.
    To be Honest, I was expecting that to happen. :# Well he gave it his Best shot and
    He did look tired, He is also a convicition politician - a rare thing these days. :) I
    for one wish him well. {[]
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    One unanticipated bonus from this whole thing is that for the first time much of the world may actually understand that Britain is comprised of England, Scotland and Wales and that England and Britain are not the same thing, and that someone can be British but not Scottish, but you can't be Scottish but not British.
    One unanticipated bonus from this whole thing is that for the first time much of the world may actually understand that Britain is comprised of England, Scotland and Wales and that England and Britain are not the same thing, and that someone can be British but not Scottish, but you can't be Scottish but not British.

+1. Well said.

It's mostly Americans who think that :s
    Come to think of it, If Britain is made up of England,Scotland and Wales ( Which it is )
    but the UK, is made up of England,Scotland Wales and N.Ireland, are we over here
    in Ulster/N.Ireland, Not actually ........ British ! ;) :)) , I start a Fight yet ! :)) :p
    You're in the British Isles, so geographically you're British. Fight avoided!
    I thought we might be UKnians ! :)) , which I think sounds all Star Trek. :))

And not forgetting Northern Ireland as part of the United Kingdom too. We may be small but we never forget. :v
    I went to Belfast when I was fifteen, and felt no Hate or Animosity whatsoever -{