Bond actors: best to worst shape.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Where do you keep your hair then, if not in a chest ? :p :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Fee Fi Foe Fum,
    I smell the blood of a pain in the bum.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Enema going to enjoy it to the full! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    I guess my torso is most similar to DC's in QOS/SF if not Tomb Raider atleast :))
    1622874_10153992821895089_1269058271_n.jpg
    " you've looked after your body, Mr Bond " {[]
    edited September 2014
    Here's me after eating everything I could lay my hands on. This week I am particularly heavy similar to Broz in DAD.
    SANY8333_zps86df62ae.jpg
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    AJB is turning into Torsos.co.uk :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I can see an AJB sexy calander in the making ! :))
    I can see an AJB sexy calander in the making ! :))
    Picture?
    I'll have my Bond 50 Set covering up my Bits :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Just realized that my Torso is very similar to Connery's in YOLT :))

Before or after the procedure to make him look Japanese? "Bird never make nest in bare tree." :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Somewhere in between :))
    In between where ? :o :))
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Point taken about movie Bond living in present time. :007)
    Argo is about as realistic as spy movies get IMO. Not quite a Bond film. :007)

True. Point taken, too! A real world spy is someone who disappears in the crowd. Not Bond.
    Pierce would be terrible at disappearing into a crowd, guys so good looking :))

Roger disappeared in the Venice crowd with his hovercraft-gondola. That's a real spy if I ever saw one. ;)
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Roger disappeared in the Venice crowd with his hovercraft-gondola. That's a real spy if I ever saw one. ;)
    Have you ever saw one?
    (trick question)
    :))
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Connery was leanest in GF I think, and maybe parts of TB. I suppose he looked at his worst in DAF but he still serves up some iconic moments, you could argue he ushered in the Rog Moore era in that he looks heavy but it doesn't matter cos he's Bond, he has a magic aura, unlike in the early films where it all stems from how sharp he looks.

For all that, I disliked his look in NSNA, also Brozzer in DAD where he is meant to have been starved but is packing a stomach. And yes, Moore in OP.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I've learnt to expect the worst to happen on AJB but I never thought that members would post their men nipples here!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    We're all grouping together for the AJB Christmas Calendar :))
    And not many of us have Female nipples ( although I can get my hands on some ) :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    And not many of us have Female nipples ( although I can get my hands on some ) :))

waiting for Lexi to show up :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    I've learnt to expect the worst to happen on AJB but I never thought that members would post their men nipples here!
    Pop a balloon; it'll make you feel better. :v
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Craig number one. Connery second. Lazenby Third. Brosnan/Dalton tied for fourth. Moore fifth. Moore never had a chance in the physics realm because he was old when he started to begin with and it was obvious he wasn't into the physical side of the character as much as he was the satorial side.

As far as the Fleming's character, I got the idea from reading the novels Bond was not supposed to be bulked up all the time in case he was sent out on some emergency special forces type assault. It's not what a 00 was. They were spies who had to assassinate at some time - and very seldom did this come about. This was usually to be done with a weapon (and as in the novels sometimes at a distance with a rifle). This did not require a 00 to be beefed up like someone in the SAS. That's why in the novels, Bond maintains his strength through daily short quick sessions of basic calistenics (or what are now called high intensity work outs). I assumed that between that and his weekly or monthly training with his physical combat instructor he was in as good as shape as he needed to be overall. It was only when he knew he was going into a potentially lethal and very physical job that he would double down on his training prior to going into action - for example - as he did with Quarrel in Jamaica.
    Yes, very well nailed CmdrAtticus.
    Connery was leanest in GF I think, and maybe parts of TB. I suppose he looked at his worst in DAF but he still serves up some iconic moments, you could argue he ushered in the Rog Moore era in that he looks heavy but it doesn't matter cos he's Bond, he has a magic aura, unlike in the early films where it all stems from how sharp he looks.

For all that, I disliked his look in NSNA, also Brozzer in DAD where he is meant to have been starved but is packing a stomach. And yes, Moore in OP.

Connery looks better in NSNA than in DAF IMO. He worked out and it shows. He shows his age (52 then), but he was probably in the best shape since TB.

Good point with Brosnan packing his belly just after starving for months in DAD, beard and all. I read somewhere that he went from being the slimmest Bond in GE to the heaviest in DAD. Every time he was measured for a new movie he had gained weight.
    Craig number one. Connery second. Lazenby Third. Brosnan/Dalton tied for fourth. Moore fifth. Moore never had a chance in the physics realm because he was old when he started to begin with and it was obvious he wasn't into the physical side of the character as much as he was the satorial side.

As far as the Fleming's character, I got the idea from reading the novels Bond was not supposed to be bulked up all the time in case he was sent out on some emergency special forces type assault. It's not what a 00 was. They were spies who had to assassinate at some time - and very seldom did this come about. This was usually to be done with a weapon (and as in the novels sometimes at a distance with a rifle). This did not require a 00 to be beefed up like someone in the SAS. That's why in the novels, Bond maintains his strength through daily short quick sessions of basic calistenics (or what are now called high intensity work outs). I assumed that between that and his weekly or monthly training with his physical combat instructor he was in as good as shape as he needed to be overall. It was only when he knew he was going into a potentially lethal and very physical job that he would double down on his training prior to going into action - for example - as he did with Quarrel in Jamaica.

What about just before he was 00?
    Virgil37 wrote:
    I read somewhere that he went from being the slimmest Bond in GE to the heaviest in DAD. Every time he was measured for a new movie he had gained weight.
    Still, in DAD I thought he'd found his ultimate Bond weight. No longer that slim young look. It's MY target weight (still a few pounds shy). :))
    I too am trying to match Brosnan's weight in DAD, but only
    If you add on his weight from GE,TND & TWINE. :))
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    In shape as in who had the best cardio and was most fit? Or who had the most chiseled looking body? Dalton looked in good shape, but doesn't have a good physique. I imagine that would be the reason why they never showed him shirtless, though maybe I'm forgetting a scene. In terms of best shape it is probably Craig, Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, Brosnan, Moore. In terms of the physique it is Connery, Craig, Lazenby, Moore/Brosnan, Dalton.
    Ahnult makes them all look like girly-men.
    In shape as in who had the best cardio and was most fit? Or who had the most chiseled looking body? Dalton looked in good shape, but doesn't have a good physique. I imagine that would be the reason why they never showed him shirtless, though maybe I'm forgetting a scene. In terms of best shape it is probably Craig, Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, Brosnan, Moore. In terms of the physique it is Connery, Craig, Lazenby, Moore/Brosnan, Dalton.

Dalton appears shirtless in LTK.