One year today and counting... So what do we know about Bond 24?

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    It might be dumb, that remains to be seen. But this means that the ethnicity and/or country of origin of the villan has something to do with his motivation, a bit like Alex Trevelyan in GE. Is he trying to get control of some costly natural resource in Africa? (They have a lot of those) or is he plotting revenge fro something bad that the West has done to Africa (that has happened a lot). Or perhaps he just needs to win some horrible conflict in Africa? (There are plenty of those)
    Could it be that I'm completely off the mark? (That happens a lot)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    We'll have to wait and see. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Just because he's (possibly) black doesn't mean he's from Africa...
    YNWA 97
    Exactly {[] he could be from anywhere !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yes, but according to sir Miles the skin colour of the villan is linked to the the plot. It's possible there are other reasons the villan must be black, but linking him and his plans to Africa is only natural.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    :) It's not confirmed in any way.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    It might be dumb, that remains to be seen. But this means that the ethnicity and/or country of origin of the villan has something to do with his motivation, a bit like Alex Trevelyan in GE. Is he trying to get control of some costly natural resource in Africa? (They have a lot of those) or is he plotting revenge fro something bad that the West has done to Africa (that has happened a lot). Or perhaps he just needs to win some horrible conflict in Africa? (There are plenty of those)
    Could it be that I'm completely off the mark? (That happens a lot)

If it is an attachment to Africa, perhaps it'll be a Sierra Leone type place and involve Blood Diamonds.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Barbel wrote:
    :) It's not confirmed in any way.

No, but if it is true my speculations and argument is valid.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    DC has uploaded a couple of pics onto Instagram this morning- possible Bond suit and haircut? (Unless it's a Skyfall - era photo)...

image.jpg

image.jpg
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Hard to say def poss from Skyfall era. There was a fresh pic of him the other week looking totally different - more Harry Potter then 007

Surely by the comments thats not his actual account but some fan?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

He is also a fantastic actor, from London and will def be superb

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Agreed -{ believe it or not you can be Black and ......
    Scottish, Irish, Welsh, English, French, Spanish .............
    " The list is endless !". :)) I remember a funny scene in
    Ultimate Force ( TV show about the SAS -{ ) two soldiers
    Talking and the white guy asked the Black guy where he was
    From. The Black guy answered " Birmingham " . The white guy
    Then asks, " Well, where were your parents from ? "
    Once again he got the reply " Birmingham !". :)) , The guy was English
    Through and through. -{
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    Chiwetel Ejiofor is the name I was given very early on. But they always seem to grasp someone from world cinema. If they choose to do this again I would like it be this guy Vincent Cassel http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001993/

Hes only two years older than Daniel, he a great actor and very good at playing the maniac tough guy in French cinema.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    DC has uploaded a couple of pics onto Instagram this morning- possible Bond suit and haircut? (Unless it's a Skyfall - era photo)...

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Daniel Craig doesn't have an Instagram (or any social media) but that's from a few months ago I believe.
    Agreed -{ believe it or not you can be Black and ......
    Scottish, Irish, Welsh, English, French, Spanish .............
    " The list is endless !". :)) I remember a funny scene in
    Ultimate Force ( TV show about the SAS -{ ) two soldiers
    Talking and the white guy asked the Black guy where he was
    From. The Black guy answered " Birmingham " . The white guy
    Then asks, " Well, where were your parents from ? "
    Once again he got the reply " Birmingham !". :)) , The guy was English
    Through and through. -{

People have posted many times to point out the obvious: black people can come from pretty much anywhere.
    This is a reaction to me suggesting reasons why the villan for plot reasons must be black (according to sir Miles) Perhaps those people could come up with plausible plot reasons why he must be black that does not involve Africa or Africans. It could actually be interesting or even correct :)
    I have to admitt Number24, I can't quite understand your argument ( Unless I'm picking you up wrong,
    which I might be it ) :)) But what I'm taking from your post is...
    If he's a Black villain then it MUST be about Africa ! so Then An Irish Villain must have something to do
    with Ireland ?
    In my view a Villain ( Movie Villain, of course) can be anything, Religion, Politics or Skin Colour {[]
    Just because you have an Asian villain, it doesn't mean the story has to involve Any asian country,
    it could all be based in London, a Corrupt Asian Banker, trying to destroy the Bank of England, to hide
    his stealing of money from an American Bank etc.
    I just can't see the logic that Because the Villain is a black guy the plot has to revolve round an African story ?
    so a Jewish villain would have to have a story involving Israel ? or am I completley missing what you're saying ?
    which can happen as the written word is sometimes harder to understand that the spoken. :)) I blame the
    Too good Norwegian education system, You'll really have to dumb down your posts so thickos like me can
    understand them ! ;) :))
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    The Villain can be of any Race, and Bond will still triumph -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Yes. Get the best actor for the role. Simple as that !
    I'm still available, they only have to call me. :))
    Yes, a black actor doesn't mean he has to be African and the plot doesn't have to involve Africa in any way. But if sir Miles is right EON were spesifically looking for a black actor. It was one of the prerequisits for hiring an actor to play the villan, because his ethnicity/colour is somehow linked to the plot. I then speculated on how his ethicity could be linked to the plot because I found it .... yes, interesting :))

Let's use DAD as an example. It is likely EON deliberatly looked for actors with an south-east Asian apearance to play colonel Moon. It wasn't because they didn't understand that an Asian could play American or European, but because the script demanded an Asian actor in the role.

It is possible the plot of Bond 24 has nothing to do with Africa and there is some other reason the villan must be black, but an African link is likely and has nothing to do with any unability on my part to understand that a black actor can play other parts than Africans.

Stil not clear enough? :D
    It might be useful to (re-)read this thread from post number 27 to understand the background of all this. :)
    :)) I'm getting it now {[] I missed the first part altogether. :))
    Thought so :))
    I'd hate you to change your opinion of me being
    An Intellectual. :))
    ( I knew I had to be missing something, because your posts
    Usually make, some sort of sense. ;) )
    Thank you. Now this is settled, now I'll go downstairs and shoot stuff :))
    And they say Norwegians don't know how to have fun ! :))
    Don't I know it :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    :)) :)) :))
    You're sort of a Liaison between Britain and Norway.
    :))

She's half Norwegian, but yes -{
    I'd say being only half Norwegian, she would have worderd her post
    Far better than Number24, who obviously made a complete hash of it,
    Deliberately, I think to make me look foolish ! :p :))
    Glad it's all settled, and as Number24 points out, I'm wondering why too ? :D
    :)) :))

Me and you are the AJB Likely Lads -{