Has every Bond actor done these?

Has every Bond actor done each of the following at least once?

Shave on screen (Did Lazenby and Dalton?)

Had a ski scene (I'm sure Craig's is coming)

Had a heavy water based scene (ditto)

It seems like there are others that each actor has in common with the others. Feel free to add to it.
1, GE 2, CR 3, SF 4, TWINE 5, Spectre 6, TMWTGG 7, DAD 8, LALD 9, AVTAK 10, LTK 11, Octopussy 12, Moonraker 13, TLD 14, GF 15, QOS 16, Tomorrow 17, FYEO 18. TSWLM Not seen much: Dr. No, Russia, Thunderball, Twice, Majesty.

1: Brosnan 2: Craig 3: Moore 4: Dalton 5: Connery and 6: Lazenby

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Dalton never shaved on Screen

Connery never had a Ski Chase.

Every Bond has had a Water based Scene.

-{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Dalton never shaved on Screen

Connery never had a Ski Chase.

Every Bond has had a Water based Scene.

-{

What was Lazenby's water scene?
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    The Beach Fight.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Don't think we saw Lazenby have a shave.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    I think the only one who did them all is Moore. He has ski scenes on three movies, shaved, had showers, very heavy underwater scenes on two movies, parachuted (with and without parachute). He even went to space (the only one).

And yet, he's not a very big favourite in most lists...maybe because he's the only Bond not to drive an Aston Martin.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    he's the only Bond not to drive an Aston Martin.
    So sad.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    So sad.

Sad perhaps. But Roger did drive the Aston Martin DBS as Lord Brett Sinclair in The Persuaders. I love that car.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Moore Than wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    So sad.

Sad perhaps. But Roger did drive the Aston Martin DBS as Lord Brett Sinclair in The Persuaders. I love that car.

True, but in those clothes, with that hairdo and that soundtrack is not the same, is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKWTZCHc5Dc
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff
    There's always "The Cannonball Run" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiTUKJrlYUA (which didn't please Cubby Broccoli too much, apparently, and led to clauses being put in Bond actors' contracts re wearing tuxedos, etc).
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    There's always "The Cannonball Run" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiTUKJrlYUA (which didn't please Cubby Broccoli too much, apparently, and led to clauses being put in Bond actors' contracts re wearing tuxedos, etc).

That film came to my mind too! :)) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Barbel wrote:

Nice! I haven't seen "the Cannonball Run". He plays an actor named Roger Moore who believes he's James Bond, right?
    And he has a DB5 no less! great!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) He plays Seymour Goldfarb Jr, who thinks he's Roger Moore !
    I love the fight scene when he says ......
    ...... " I have to warn you, I'm Roger Moore !" :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) then loses immediately!

Moore drives a DB5 while carefully non-infringing Bond style music plays, and wears various Bond-style suits. As I said earlier, Mr Broccoli was NOT amused....
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Moore Than wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    So sad.

True, but in those clothes, with that hairdo and that soundtrack is not the same, is it?

It's not the same......I'll give you that. :D

I was entering my teen years when The Persuaders was originally broadcast. It instantly became a huge favourite of mine (and remains so to this very day). My appreciation and fandom of Roger Moore was complete, already admired his portrayal of Simon Templar in The Saint. The Bond gig was the icing on the cake. :)
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Moore Than wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Moore Than wrote:

It's not the same......I'll give you that. :D

I was entering my teen years when The Persuaders was originally broadcast. It instantly became a huge favourite of mine (and remains so to this very day). My appreciation and fandom of Roger Moore was complete, already admired his portrayal of Simon Templar in The Saint. The Bond gig was the icing on the cake. :)

Even though he's not high in my top Bond lists, I am really fond of Roger's tenure. He was the first Bond I saw and I defended MR and AVTAK all over the place in this forum. I also think he's a much better actor than everybody thinks (himself included!), in a Cary Grant sort of way.
    Virgil37 wrote:
    he's a much better actor than everybody thinks (himself included!), in a Cary Grant sort of way.

+1. Sir Rog is often unfairly dismissed, but he is never swamped by his co-stars however flamboyant (Christopher Walken, Stephen Berkoff), enormous (Richard Kiel), or downright weird (Grace Jones) they are! In his non-Bond movies he holds his own against actors who were established long before his time (Gregory Peck, Richard Burton) and contrary to myth does a lot more than lift his eyebrow.

I've said this before- you may not like his Bond, but you can't help liking him.
    Another Sir Roger Fan {[] I grew up with him on the TV :D
    as already said, You can't help but like him. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Another Sir Roger Fan {[] I grew up with him on the TV :D
    as already said, You can't help but like him. {[]
    First he was my saint, then he was my persuader, and then my double oh. B-)
    He was even a bit of a "Maverick " ;)
    Never knew that! huh!
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    Weird that Connery never had a ski chase. I always think of Sean as the Bond that has done it all.

However, take away the Roger era and you really don't have much of a franchise left. Almost all my favorite Bond moments, songs, girls, and villains are from 1973-1985.
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
    Moore will always be in my top three Bond Actors List -{
    Sadly much as I love Sir Roger. :x ( grew up watching the man )
    And love him as the saint, Lord Brett Sinclair, etc. He'll always be
    Bottom of my list of actors for playing Bond. ( if that makes sense ) :))
    Perhaps he was the right man at the time, to keep the franchise going
    But his portrayal of 007 bears no connection with the Bond of the books.
    Yet, when someone else makes these same points, I can't help rush to
    His defence and point out all the good things he's done. :)) we Bond fans
    Can be pretty mixed up ! :))
    You could argue that FYEO and LALD were more closer Interpretations for Moore -{
    Agreed, IMHO they were his best films as 007. -{
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    Never knew that! huh!

He was also 'Ivanhoe'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswoQJUGI6Q -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    :)) Old Roger has been around for ever. I think he
    Knew God as a boy. :))
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    He'll always be Bottom of my list of actors for playing Bond.
    Perhaps he was the right man at the time, to keep the franchise going
    But his portrayal of 007 bears no connection with the Bond of the books.

Never say "Always" again. :) Bond fans opinions do tend to shift over the years.

I'm not sure why you are so attached to that racist, cigarette smoker from the Fleming books. Roger still resembles Fleming's original character, but with some much needed improvements. Especially the dry sense of humor.

When Fleming's Bond tries to be funny, he's too long winded and falls flat. There is a particularly bad scene in YOLT where Bond is cheerfully mouthing off to Blofeld, "Well, you mad bastard. I'll admit that your effects man down below knows his stuff. Now bring on the twelve she-devils and if they're all as beautiful as Fraulein Bunt, we'll get Noel Coward to put it to music and have it on Broadway by Christmas. How about it? "

Can you imagine any of the screen Bonds struggling to make that awful monolog sound convincing?
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
    I can imagine Dalton saying that Line :)) The Fight between Bond and Blofeld in YOLT is brutal -{
    Firemass wrote :
    " I'm not sure why you are so attached to that racist, cigarette smoker from the Fleming books."
    .......... Oh come on every body Loves, Nigel Farage ! :))

Aren't we all attached to Mr Fleming's creation ? or am I missing something ? :))