Who could have played Bond as good as...?

2»

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,722MI6 Agent
    Laurence Harvey instead of George Lazenby, as much as I like him. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,890MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Patrick McGoohan instead of Connery

Michael Billington instead of Moore

Sam Neil instead of Dalton

Liam Neeson or James Purefoy instead of Brosnan

Michael Fassbender instead of Craig

I must admit I have seen very little of the work of McGoohan and Billington, but based on what I have seen ...

Possibly Lewis Collins would have been a better Bond than Sam Neil.
    I found this quote by Lewis Collins on IMDB:

"After auditioning for the role of "James Bond": It would be nice to get back to the original Bond, not the character created by Sean Connery - but the one from the books. He's not over-handsome, over-tall. He's about my age and has got my attitudes... I was in Albert R. Broccoli's office for five minutes, but it was really over for me in seconds. I have heard since that he doesn't like me. That's unfair. He's expecting another Connery to walk through the door and there are few of them around. I think he's really shut the door on me. He found me too aggressive. I knew it all -- that kind of attitude. Two or three years ago that would be the case, purely because I was nervous and defensive. I felt they were playing the producer bit with fat cigars. When someone walks into their office for the most popular film job in the world, a little actor is bound to put on a few airs. If Cubby couldn't see I was being self-protective, I don't have faith in his judgment."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] Very interesting Number24, I've never read anything about
    His audition before.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I think Collins might be right in saying bond has his attitudes. Collins quailified for the reservist 23 SAS regiment in the early 1980's, around the time he auditioned for the part of Bond. In spite of being qualified he was rejected because of his celebrity status.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, Collins was the real deal. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,722MI6 Agent
    Yes, Collins was the real deal. -{

Indeed he was. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).