SKYFALL Shanghai Envelope

2»

Comments

• SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    edited January 2015
    It was sent to me some time back but I can't remember by who and if was something I was supposed to post publicly. I'll have to go back and check my email archives for more info to see what I can do.

ACCORDING TO SKYFALL's OFFICIAL IMDB page:
    "The passport used by Daniel Craig was not created by the props department, but an authentic document as issued by the British Home Office, according to producer Michael G. Wilson. Everything from the paper, print, photograph and jacket are entirely genuine on James Bond's 'official passport'. However, as a security measure, the passport is encoded with information that would instantly flag its improper use in any official transaction. The actual details shown on Bond's passport in the film are as follows: Name = John Adam Bryce; Date of Birth = 16th December 1968; Sex = Male; Place of Birth = London; Date of Issue = 22nd June 2012; and Expiry Date = 22nd August 2029."

I'm not entirely sure about the "entirely genuine" claim because I've found several graphic elements on the Skyfall passport that was different from official UK passports.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    SFPROPS wrote:
    It was sent to me some time back but I can't remember by who and if was something I was supposed to post publicly. I'll have to go back and check my email archives for more info to see what I can do.

ACCORDING TO SKYFALL's OFFICIAL IMDB page:
    "The passport used by Daniel Craig was not created by the props department, but an authentic document as issued by the British Home Office, according to producer Michael G. Wilson. Everything from the paper, print, photograph and jacket are entirely genuine on James Bond's 'official passport'. However, as a security measure, the passport is encoded with information that would instantly flag its improper use in any official transaction. The actual details shown on Bond's passport in the film are as follows: Name = John Adam Bryce; Date of Birth = 16th December 1968; Sex = Male; Place of Birth = London; Date of Issue = 22nd June 2012; and Expiry Date = 22nd August 2029."

I'm not entirely sure about the "entirely genuine" claim because I've found several graphic elements on the Skyfall passport that was different from official UK passports.

Ahh, well then, that expiry date is def a bit of info that would flag up a problem. :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Yeah, it could have been just one of many discrepancies put into place to ensure that it was never confused with a real passport.
    If anyone is in the UK and has a Ryman's nearby, I can give you the stock number to look for and Paypal you the money to check to see if they've got the right envelopes?!?!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231544801185?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

Argentina strikes again! If you're reading this, the fonts could use some adjustment.... Just a critique.

I've had to travel on the weekends the past 2 months but that's coming to an end. This and the Morland box should be available soon.
  • BarbaricBarbaric Cedar Grove, NJ, USAPosts: 19MI6 Agent
    Wow.

Sorry for the necropost, SFPROPS, but I'm a prop maker myself. I'm currently working on the Estes Bull Pup fired from the BMW Z8 in TWINE. At this point, I don't know if I'm going to do a stand or try to fabricate the launch mechanism. I don't have a sheet metal brake in my shop, so I'm probably going to go with a stand out of plexi on an oak base.

I've often thought of doing a prop passport or two and I'm green with envy over Adam Savage's Bourne Identity collection (he calls it the burn bag but it's really the contents of the safe deposit box at the Swiss Bank). Limited budgets and all that.

The problem with me having a prop passport is that I'm going to be tempted to take it with me on a trip to show it off and run the risk of spending a few days in a foreign prison.
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read. - Groucho Marx