Is 5 enough for Craig?

Comments

• HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I think it would be too much of a copy and as you said falling back into the "hero is depressed" chliché.
    I didn't get the impression that Bond really LOVES Madeleine anyway, I see her as a regular Bond-girl.
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Id like to see DC back in a fifth and on an authorised mission. IMO it's totally plausible to have the next film unlinked to SP, so many bond films are stand alone. I think the backstop/gone rogue/ revenge mission have been done enough. I'd love to see DC as Bond do his job as the best agent in the service.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    I think it would be too much of a copy and as you said falling back into the "hero is depressed" chliché.
    I didn't get the impression that Bond really LOVES Madeleine anyway, I see her as a regular Bond-girl.

It seemed like he loved Madeleine more than he loved Vesper (which isn't saying much). I don't think Craig's Bond can be compared to the past Bonds, since there is no "regular Bond girl" in Craig's universe. There's Vesper, who he's supposedly in love with, and then there are the one-night-stand girls that almost every Bond film since Goldfinger has had. The ending of SP made it seem like Bond really cared for Madeleine in a way he doesn't usually care for most girls.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I got that he loved Vesper and he said it throughout CR but I'm not too sure about Madeleine.
    But either way, I'm not sure I want to see her again because that would mean her death :#
    Like CC, I'd be more than happy about a standalone adventure but including Blofeld (if you know wat I mean)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Madeleine should return, but the relationship has failed
    and she's back for half of Bond's flat and DB5. ;)

:)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Madeleine should return, but the relationship has failed
    and she's back for half of Bond's flat and DB5. ;)

and with her an unborn pair of twins!
    that would be the most realistic Bond film the critics have always been asking for :))
  • am747am747 Posts: 720MI6 Agent
    For me the last 9/10 Bond movie was TLD .... The films since TLD have been good and I have enjoyed them a lot but, at the end of the day, they feel more like another Bond film .... I want the next one to be of the TLD or higher level - action, adventure, stunts, story, great score, etc. :D
    Your personal rating aside, it's safe to say, that Bond 25 will beat TLD - not difficult :D
    The movies after it - with the exception of DAD and LTK did :o

Higgins wrote:
    Your personal rating aside, it's safe to say, that Bond 25 will beat TLD - not difficult :D

:)) .... Appears as if you are taking the job of the president of misty-eyed club too seriously :p

Not one film since TLD has that great balance/mixture of excellent action, adventure, score, story, stunts, etc. :D

OP and TLD are the last of those breeds :#
    am747 wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

:)) .... Appears as if you are taking the job of the president of misty-eyed club too seriously :p

Not one film since TLD has that great balance/mixture of excellent action, adventure, score, story, stunts, etc. :D

...yes, in YOUR opinion 8-)
    am747 wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

...yes, in YOUR opinion 8-)

Probably a more valid one than proclaiming DAD as the AT favorite, an act that itself questions the ability to think clearly :p
    what's you problem man? If I say DAD is now watch MY favourite movie than that is up to me!
    Drop your provocative attitude, it is highly annoying and I'm not the only one thinking that!
    what's you problem man? If I say DAD is now watch MY favourite movie than that is up to me!
    Drop your provocative attitude, it is highly annoying and I'm not the only one thinking that!

Ok, so you think that you are entitled to your opinion but for others you have to act ironic .... sounds like you have a clear mindset on what to do ( 8-) )

As for attitude - I think you need to look in to your own attitude first. I have seen many posts by you where you unnecessarily question other ppl's attitude, rudeness, etc. based on your limited experience. So it can also get annoying to see an empty vessel making noise and trying to act like a forum watchdog .... In short, charity begins at home :007)
    Where'd the festive spirit go??
    am747 wrote:
    based on your limited experience.

Ahem

He's significantly longer registered here than yourself and in my opinion his attitude is above from others :D

Higgins wrote:
    am747 wrote:
    based on your limited experience.

Ahem

He's significantly longer registered here than yourself and in my opinion his attitude is above from others :D

:)) Ok I guess since 3-4 months in significant, you must be a grand old master since you are here since 2005

Let's translate your logic in to real world experience:

Forum X

Puppy, a paper pusher at SPECTRE corp, registers at Forum X on 1 Jan 2016

Blofeld, CEO of SPECTRE corp, registers at Forum X on 1 April 2016

Higgins, self perceived grand master of forum X translates experience at forum x as 360 degrees experience, to Blofeld - "He's (Puppy) significantly longer registered here than yourself and in my opinion his attitude is above from others"

Blofeld ---> :))

Keep the entertainment on -{

{[]
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    If some members stopped ranking films to look at other threads, you see that HTH has a
    Massive ........... ( Pause for effect ) ................ Bond collection. {[] obviously not collected
    Overnight. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    If some members stopped ranking films to look at other threads, you see that HTH has a
    Massive ........... ( Pause for effect ) ................ Bond collection. {[] obviously not collected
    Overnight. ;)

Having a massive Bond collection is not equal having a great 'attitude" ;)
    I think attitude is a two way street. Sometimes taking a step back can help to move forward. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I think attitude is a two way street. Sometimes taking a step back can help to move forward. :)

So basically we agree .... Refer to post #74, 2nd para, which was in response to post #73 line 2
    On the subject of Craig. ;)

He'll be back for Bond 25, and ( only my opinion) Bond 26. Waltz will also return, a little more
    Unhinged in his portrayal, and the lottery numbers for this weekend are 5, 23, ................ :)
    I agree with tp, it seems a lot of these threads degrade into one upmanship and insults, non bond fans get rooted out pretty quickly and surely with such a long running thing as Bond will evoke many differing opinions? I appreciate everyone's ideas and it sometimes alters my own thoughts. Live and let live and partake in meaning discussion not antagonistic argument.
    am747 wrote:

:)) Ok I guess since 3-4 months in significant,

You are here since 2 months - he's here for 6

I had little hope that you understand that this is significantly more than your stay - particularly as you have labelled him with "little experince"

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    zaphod99 wrote:
    I certainly don't blame Waltz; he did the lines he was given, and is generally brilliant IMO.

Agree that he is very good but do you think he was brilliant in SP ? Also agree that he was not given much to work with, but somehow hoped that an actor of his calibre would find a way to turn base metal into gold. I got the impression in interviews that he knew it was not as good as he had hoped and seemed bored by it. I might be making too much of it, as he's a very laid back dude, but he did not 'sell it' very well.

I found Waltz to be an excellent Blofeld---the veneer of gracious host suits him well. If he returns, hopefully he will be written better...and I can envision an arc of sorts for him.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Sorry if this has already been said but ......

.... I thought Waltz acted his socks off ! :D
    I liked him, too but I think they can make him a bit more evil in the future, like him ordering others to kill his minions who have failed.
    I thought it was his lack of overt evilness that made him more sinister
    edited January 2016
    Higgins wrote:
    am747 wrote:

:)) Ok I guess since 3-4 months in significant,

You are here since 2 months - he's here for 6

I had little hope that you understand that this is significantly more than your stay - particularly as you have labelled him with "little experince"

Irrelevant comparison .... If 2 months is less, 6 is less too .... Sometimes you don't even understand people despite spending a lifetime with them

Also experience works on many dimensions. For e.g. just talking about forums, you are here since 2005 and that could be your only forum experience. On the other hand, I could have been posting on forums for longer than that .... On the other hand, you could be 60 years old and thus may have more life experience than me but then I could have more business related experience and can turn a company around in 2 months while you probably may not even get through the paperwork .... so there are many dimensions to experience

Additionally, your opinion on how his attitude is could have less relevance than you would like to imagine. As they say "birds of a feather flock together"

Based on my limited interaction with you in 2 months - I have found that you don't like it when people bash RM. On the other hand, you love to bash TD .... If you are good enough to advise others or give certificates - you would have learned to either accept other people's criticism of RM (like I love RM but don't attack people who don't like him and objectively I have rated TD's films higher than some of RM's films) or not criticize TD or his films unnecessarily

As far as I see, you are still learning ;)

Anyways, I feel I have "wasted" enough time on this already .... :)
    Sorry if this has already been said but ......

.... I thought Waltz acted his socks off ! :D

Haha, I just wanted to express the hope that if he returns, that he'd be wearing socks :D

Chriscoop wrote:
    I thought it was his lack of overt evilness that made him more sinister

+1 .... His was a well measured performance