"Who loves ya baby?" - The Kojak Discussion Thread

Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,716MI6 Agent
edited January 2015 in Off Topic Chat
tv_kojak.jpg

"It does what it says on the tin, baby." *sucks on lollipop* :) -{

I'm currently watching the first season of Kojak on DVD for the first time so I thought that it might be fun to follow up on 'The Columbo Discussion Thread' with one on Lt. Theo Kojak, as played by Telly Savalas (and later Ving Rhames).

So are there any Kojak fans in hiding on AJB?

I'd love to hear from you!
"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I remember when ITV would Broadcast it -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,716MI6 Agent
    I remember when ITV would Broadcast it -{

Yes, I think ITV4 showed the pilot episode of Kojak at the weekend. It's not available on the Season One boxset though. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I used to watch it Saturday nights on bbc1. I think for its time
    It was a bit more hard hitting as far as American TV detective
    Dramas go.
    My dad always loved his suits and would joke how he could
    Afford those hand made suits on a cops pay. :D
    Savalas was a really talented actor, and I watch anything with
    Him in it. From the crazy soldier in The Dirty Dozen to the smooth
    Menace of his Blofeld.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Don't forget Escape to Athena With Moore and Savalas -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Yes, also two Bonds with Moore and. Niven! {[]
    I'd say that was a fun film to make. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I was a big Kojak fan from the very beginning. I was already a Savalas fan by virtue of his work in The Dirty Dozen, Kelly's Heros and especially On Her Majesty's Secret Service. So when I saw the Kojak pilot film The Marcus-Nelson Murders and then learned Kojak would be a regular series, I was ecstatic. I never missed an episode during the entire first run of the series, and I remember getting a special kick out of hanging around locations in New York as exterior scenes were occasionally shot there. What a great series, what a great character and what a great actor! -{
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I loved Kojak mainly for the images from the far away country USA.
    The series planted my desire to visit Manhattan and I was very fortunate when I finally did it some years later.

Didn't know that Savalas was Anniston's uncle -{
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    He's also her Godfather. ( another New York, connection) :D
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,716MI6 Agent
    Just bought Season 2 of Kojak as well. Watched the last of the 25 episodes first, 'I Want to Report a Dream', as it guest starred Columbo actress Ruth Gordon as a psychic who reports a a dream she had of a murder. She'a a great actress who played Abigail Mitchell in Columbo: Try and Catch Me (1977).