WIP - Prototype complete - SF Macau chip

1235»

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I particularly like how he customized the packaging - I am pretty sure that every single one had a different shape of glue residue on the plaques :)) :)) :))

img13227iu8afcy52.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I was thinking your vision wouldn't notice that after all the abuse your retinas take from your trainers.

Alas, send it back for a replacement.

I just can't promise the plaque will stay the same :v
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    minigeff
    Could you please respond to me PM and email?
    thanks,
    K
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    I was thinking your vision wouldn't notice that after all the abuse your retinas take from your trainers.

Alas, send it back for a replacement.

I just can't promise the plaque will stay the same :v

I said privileged

.... And....The privileged show only gratitude..... 8-)

Two tonics, too large a slice of lemon makes you sour.....
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:

I said privileged

.... And....The privileged show only gratitude..... 8-) .

Well, he did not show much gratitude for having the privilege of receiving my feedback, did he! :D

Seriously, I get your point - on the other hand friends tell each other their opinions - not only the 100% positive ones -{
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Just for the record, I welcome feedback of all kinds.

It's great to hear positive feedback and opinons on my work, and it's fantastic to be held in such high regard by esteemed collectors the world over.

But the constructive critisism is also welcome. Suggestions of alternative methods, ideas and designs are always welcome. Sometimes I over look the obvious or think too far out the box, and often the simplist solution is the best way.

Markus, the excess glue on your plaque looks bloody awful and this is the first time anyone has not been happy, so as already requested, send it back for a replacement. I don't know how it wasn't spotted before dispatch, but for whatever reason, it went out when it shouldn't have, for this I can only apologise and sort it out for you.

When it comes to footwear though I'm afraid I'm not listening at all, as your taste in that department is only marginally better than the horology.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Not having seen Microjiff's chip in the flesh I can't really make a positive or negative comment either way however I do know of & commend the lengths he went to to try & get it right, the result of which is the production of something which is in many ways far superior to the actual filming prop which is an impressive piece itself in the flesh -{
    Put simply, 3 machines, 4 jigs, 6 scrap attempts, 2 dragon inserts (which took about 10hrs of drawing to get right), 2 rings and the body go into making a chip.

There are 25 steps in the process from start to finish and 24 of them are done by hand.

And the rings are less than 1mm in wall thickness, and they're turned.... very very carefully.

B-)

I'd do a write up on how it was made but it took me long enough to figure it all out, so you'll just have to guess, sorry weno :p Suffice to say, I didn't make mine how the original was made in any way either.

Cheers for the compliments and assistance donk -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Wow.

Wow... wow... wow... wow... WOW!

Amazing. Stupendous. Superb. Breathtaking. Beautiful. Skyfall. Patrice. Danger. Action. Class.

Wow.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!