This site

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    When I learned that DC was going to be Bond... I was really needing to share how thrilled I was.

I felt like my friends didn't understand how exciting it was... and so I turned to the internet, and stumbled across AJB.

I can honestly say I feel really at home here... it's taken a while to get the 'banter' - and sometimes you guys do go off piste - BUT it's like the song from Cheers...

"Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
    Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go
    Where everybody knows your name,
    and they're always glad you came.
    You wanna be where you can see,
    our troubles are all the same
    You wanna be where everybody knows your name.
    "

...and this place is just like that... :x

You might not know it boys, but really, this place is awesome. And if I'm having a crap day, just posting a drink order in TSABS can lift my mood... especially if TP is on form! :D -{

The Cheers song describes perfectly how I feel about AJB007, other than the fact that we don't know each other's names ...
    Thanks, Lexi :007)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    One of the best Things about AJB is that everyone shares there own Stories on how they got into Bond -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    When I learned that DC was going to be Bond... I was really needing to share how thrilled I was.

I felt like my friends didn't understand how exciting it was... and so I turned to the internet, and stumbled across AJB.

I can honestly say I feel really at home here... it's taken a while to get the 'banter' - and sometimes you guys do go off piste - BUT it's like the song from Cheers...

"Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
    Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go
    Where everybody knows your name,
    and they're always glad you came.
    You wanna be where you can see,
    our troubles are all the same
    You wanna be where everybody knows your name.
    "

...and this place is just like that... :x

You might not know it boys, but really, this place is awesome. And if I'm having a crap day, just posting a drink order in TSABS can lift my mood... especially if TP is on form! :D -{

The Cheers song describes perfectly how I feel about AJB007, other than the fact that we don't know each other's names ...
    Thanks, Lexi :007)

I bet we know more about each other, than some of our friends :))

Alias or not! -{
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    For around six months I've been checking out another forum,( I'll not mention it or
    What I'm known as, " That shall remain my secret" ;) ) and honestly guys, there
    Is Nowhere quite like AJB for the sence of friendliness, welcoming, good attitude
    Fun and irreverence. :D so...
    A big Thank-you to all the Members and Mods who have worked so hard at bringing
    Such a great atmosphere to AJB. {[] I think sometimes we forget how lucky we are to
    Have this great site. -{ ( and No, I haven't been drinking ) :D

Alright, come on, what is it you're after?

If it's mod status then forget it, I've been brown nosing barbel and granny miles for a grand total of... ooh I dunno, must be pushing 15mins at least, and neither of them bastards have so much as mentioned it to me.*

*other than to say "stop brown nosing me, you'll never make mod status you sad loser"
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    I'm not really a MOD anyway...I just changed my status and shouted a lot and everybody believed me :D but, shhhh....don't tell anyone :v
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,333Chief of Staff
    minigeff wrote:

If it's mod status then forget it, I've been brown nosing barbel and granny miles for a grand total of... ooh I dunno, must be pushing 15mins at least, and neither of them bastards have so much as mentioned it to me.

Yes we did, but you probably couldn't make it out cos we were laughing so much. TP, your application is following the agreed procedure- just make sure you make the next payment on time! :))
    I used to be one of the main Mods for another Forum, but it sadly shutdown last Year due to the Owner running out of Money :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Sorry to hear AOS, but the " My little Pony" forum will rise again :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) :))
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear AOS, but the " My little Pony" forum will rise again :D

My little Pegasus?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    :)) :)) :))
    Now there's an idea with wings !
    I'm afraid I don't like Red Bull :))
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    To All: Thanks for making me feel at home here. That means a lot. {[]
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    yep, but you could stop the farting here :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    yep, but you could stop the farting here :D

I suppose next you're going to ask me to keep my pants on! No dice! :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,333Chief of Staff

You don't have to thank us- you are at home here. :)
    It's great to have such a wide breadth of fans of all ages. From the old, dithering
    Confused minds like .................. Higgins :p to the extremely young, exciting,
    Vibrant, Hipster fans like, ....er ! ..........um ! .......... Well ME really. :))

Ditto {[]
    Barbel wrote:

Indeed! {[]
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

Yes, but only because he forgot his way back home :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I think I'm welling up :# :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    I think I'm welling up :# :))

Oh dear, did a SMERSH agent get to you and carve his mark on you? :p :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :))

Luckily my Testicles were left alone.
    Still in the OH's handbag ? :p :))
    I don't want to talk about it :# :D
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    I'll second (or third or fourth or . . .) the appreciation for this site and its members. I learn something every time I come here, and the diversity of personalities and opinions notwithstanding, this is one of the nicest and most interesting groups of people I have the pleasure of knowing.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    AJB is like my daily fix man, if I don't get on the site , I sort of feel im missing out ,
    but have been decorating this week , so ive had paint fumes to keep me going :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Great to see you back on AJB, AS! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    It hasn't been the same without him :))