James Bond vs Ethan Hunt

124»

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Good to have you back MT :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Isn't it interesting that in contrast to Bond, the main character for the M:I film series is closely tied to the actor portraying him? It's weird how actors can be replaced for certain roles like Bond (though Mad Max IMO was an unsuccessful switch of actors), but with some the role is inseparable with the actor. the M:I series is closing in on 2 decades now and counting it seems and Tom Cruise has been holding up pretty well. Can you imagine a young Bond actor taking over the role in his late twenties and holding on for 2 decades or even longer? I think the difference is, the Ethan Hunt story allows us to watch him grow older and progress through changing times, similar to Indiana Jones and Star Wars, whereas James Bond is timeless like a comic book character and is always "in the now."
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    MI are good action movies, some are even very good. But they are just a series of action movies starring Tom Cruise. I doubt many people even know the name of his character. Bond has a background and personality, Ethan Hunt doesn't. :007)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I agree {[] I doubt many people could name Tom Cruise's character either.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Tom Cruise is the Man when it comes to Stunts -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger