Home Security Tips ?

Comments

• ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    How long have you had him?

We got him on Saturday and his name is 'George' we have not had a dog for fifteen years.

Mrs AA always wanted another dog and now our kids are grown up and have flown the nest.

So 'George' was her birthday surprise -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    -{ I hope he brings years of fun, and laughter! ( as well as the odd little message
    on the floor ) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I've always been more of a Cat Person though :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Thank You TP -{

Mrs AA is totally besotted with him ....... he is even getting more belly rubs than me now :D
    I've always been more of a Cat Person though :))

Michelle Pfeiffer ? :D ......MEEOW
    Only the best :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I used to dislike cats, don't know why ? But on getting one I love them as much as
    Dogs. :D sadly our cat, went to the big scratching post in the sky, although it was
    such fun to see both cat and dog, playing in the garden. A bit of wrestling and a
    Chase. -{
    Also it's like watching a wildlife documentary watching a cat stalking its prey. I used to
    Watch fascinated as our cat would slowly creep up on a mouse. :) Then laugh as in the
    Morning when my wife opened the back door, to find the cat had left a dead mouse as a
    Present for the house and my wife would scream !!!! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Were not allowed Pets in our Flat, due to the Tenants Agreement :#
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Lock the door when you're going away, at least occationally. Works for me :)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,691MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Only, I would recommend that you do that all of the time! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Number24 wrote:

That should be the first Thing you do :D
    We have a tin of paint tied up to hit the front door, as well as my matchbox car collection at
    The top of the stairs, with a blowtorch pointing at the handle of the backdoor, always
    On. ;)
    We have a tin of paint tied up to hit the front door, as well as my matchbox car collection at
    The top of the stairs, with a blowtorch pointing at the handle of the backdoor, always
    On. ;)

That sounds like 'Skyfall' or was it 'Home Alone'? :))
    :)) :)) :))
    Oh, you're asking for trouble................ :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Felt it was time to upgrade our security system, with something effective -{

GEORGE.jpg

Might look cute, but got one hell of nip to him :D

Wow, what a killer.
    In Germany we need a license to own such dangerous "tool-dogs".

I'd have named him Attilla or something :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I thought you might prefer, Zeus or Apollo ? :D
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    One of the biggest problems is leaving back your doors open (cue joke from TP :)) ) especially in the summer.

People will leave doors open to the kitchen or patio and then go upstairs or into another room and two minutes later a bag has been stolen or car keys.

A friend of mine went to sleep on the sofa in the lounge with their patio doors open. Woke up and Billy Burglar was standing in the same room.
    Bloody Hell :o What happened then?
    I thought you might prefer, Zeus or Apollo ? :D

Zeuss and Apollo have been cute compared to that mean machine :D

:)) :)) :))
    On Door security, We lock the back door at all times, it's never left unlocked except for when we use it as a Portal. ;)
    same with the car at the petrol station, It gets locked if I have to leave it to go into the shop etc.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Bloody Hell :o What happened then?

Fortunately as my friend woke up the burglar just ran off and out down the garden ...

Friend had a lucky escape though. There were garden tool lying about on the patio. Burglar could have quite easily have picked one up.
    or Tripped over one, so could sue your friend for compensation :# :D what a world we live in. :))
    :#

Our Block of Flats has a rather secure front Door that does it's Job {[]
    Our biggest security measure is ME !
    No one wants to annoy the local Psychopath ! :))
    :)) we have a jack Russell

I've been told that he's more a Jerk Russell :D

Oh he does plenty of that. No cuddly toy is safe from his advances. :D
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    We have cameras on our house ,front and rear, (had them installed by a top home security expert ) :D never had cause to use them ,but the Police from the local nick ,have been round a few times to down load stuff ,from activities on other houses ,shall we say , :D , even they said its a great system ,but as ive said before many a time .If the bloody morons in power ,changed the law to say punishment for burglary was 15 years in prison , (that we be a good deterent) I could have kept my £600.00 and buggered off to the costa del bloody sol for a fortnight X-(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    We should collect all of your Rants together and put them in a Book :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    We should collect all of your Rants together and put them in a Book :))

:)) IM working on it :) its called

"BY THE WAY DID I TELL YOU I WAS " " MAD"

(im only doing a broille version ) sorry ill just feel that again , :s
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Please tell me AS, that all your security screens are behind a bookcase, which with the
    Touch of a button rises into the ceiling ;) like Blofeld's in OHMSS. :D