Frugal Seamaster 300 Alternative

2»

Comments

• esk1020esk1020 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    As much as i love the Omega Seamster 300 (even if it never appears in SPECTRE), I am not in a position to purchase one yet, so was looking for alternatives - i could buy a rip off omega from Alibaba for $35, but felt an alternative was a better option and came across this - Seiko Sports 5 SNZH55 - not made anymore, but can still be picked up for around US$100 new on eBay and amazon.

Ha a nice weight, self winding, decent crystal and that vintage dive feel - i think it looks smart on a NATO as well.

The nice thing about the Seiko 5's is that there are lads of user interchangeable parts, so getting a better bezel will be easy

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

Have you gotten a different bezel for your SNZH55? I am wanting to find one for my SNZH57, but am not seeing one anywhere that would work.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    esk1020 wrote:
    Tennyson wrote:
    As much as i love the Omega Seamster 300 (even if it never appears in SPECTRE), I am not in a position to purchase one yet, so was looking for alternatives - i could buy a rip off omega from Alibaba for $35, but felt an alternative was a better option and came across this - Seiko Sports 5 SNZH55 - not made anymore, but can still be picked up for around US$100 new on eBay and amazon.

Ha a nice weight, self winding, decent crystal and that vintage dive feel - i think it looks smart on a NATO as well.

The nice thing about the Seiko 5's is that there are lads of user interchangeable parts, so getting a better bezel will be easy

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

Have you gotten a different bezel for your SNZH55? I am wanting to find one for my SNZH57, but am not seeing one anywhere that would work.

Nope, I have looked around all the normal modders sites, but nothing has come up.. TBH I'm quite happy with it as it is
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    edited March 2016
    Went with this Bulova. I beam a huge smile every time someone sees it and their eyes just get BIG... :))

image.jpg
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Casio Dive Watch here. Model MDV106-1A, currently available at Target for $40.99. It's a Casio so the quality will be good for a budget watch. I can say that it feels way more expensive. I replaced the rubber strap with a cheap $10 nato strap off eBay. I'm getting daily compliments on this thing!

image.jpg
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    I have seen a Rotary watch called the Havana which my be a passable alternative to the Omega. It even has a GMT function, although the bezel is 24 hours, not 12. It is £149, available here:
    http://www.rotarywatches.com/en/the-rotary-collection/timepieces-watches/gb05017-04

Rotary_GMT_Watch.jpg
    This picture is from the Rotary website.
  • StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Not sure how many are regulars over at WUS but they have a nice little community build/buy for this Lew and Huey ~£300 Limited to 250 units, anybody here get on the list?

Spectre_Black__92269.1457303040.1280.1280.JPG?c=2

It's a bit of a monstrosity, the sm300 dial inside a PO case? Still it's pretty cool for what it is. I guess it's an all in one DC watch, though that logo is a bit much 8-)

It's a shame we likely don't have the same volume to get an AJB limited edition from them because I think this would be a great base, also a decent alternative in it's own right, more like the LE with the 12 hour timer.

Phantom_Wrist_2_Cropped_Square__37767.1445184051.1280.1280.jpg?c=2