Will SPECTRE take place in 2012?

MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
Thinking about it from the trailer. No repair has been done on Mi6, and forensics have only just released stuff from Skyfall. So, does this mean SPECTRE will take place within a short period of time after Skyfall, 2012/2013?
1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)

Comments

• DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Intresting, didnt think of that yet. It does seem odd that the M16 building hasn't been repaired. I do think the British secret service moved to a different building by the end of skyfall, or atleast a repaired version. Maybe its a flashback. ?:) Usually Bond movies always take place in the present time..
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,330MI6 Agent
    The paperwork seen shows Bond as age 12 in 1983, which ages him down about three years.
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    I'm pretty sure it happens a good bit after 2012, based on my knowledge of the timeline. Not sure it's 2015 yet, but there's a decent amount of time that's passed since Skyfall.

"Forensics finally released this..."

You can't totally make out the document. It may be that he went there at 12 and the approximate time that the "temporary" custody is to be lifted would be 1983, making him 15 when he left the Oberhausers.
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    A very very good friend of mine has once said something like that there's no timeline in "Bond Universe", despite dates and times for example on paper props says it a different way. I wanted to believe that QOS was a direct sequel/follow-up to CR, because of the date on the Greene Planet invitation etc. And I was speculating timeline in Skyfall 'cause they had AW (Agusta Westland) choppers at Silva's island during his capture, which are released NOW as we speak. So in my honest opinion I do not think that Spectre happens right or few months after Skyfall, but in 2015 ...as we speak -{

EDIT: for example if you look carefully the tax disc on the vehicles front window in Skyfall, you will notice it's dated to year 2012, but once again I follow this simple rule = There's no timeline in Bond Universe -{
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,144MI6 Agent
    I imagine it as a few months later. MI6 almost smoking still, The contents from Skyfall Lodge, Bond still sorting out his apartment. It's definitely not a full three years later IMO.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I imagine it as a few months later. MI6 almost smoking still, The contents from Skyfall Lodge, Bond still sorting out his apartment. It's definitely not a full three years later IMO.

Budget Cuts remember? :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,144MI6 Agent

Budget Cuts remember? :))

:))
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    "So in my honest opinion I do not think that Spectre happens right or few months after Skyfall, but in 2015 ...as we speak"

I agree, sort of. Nothing wrong with it being 6 months after Skyfall, but that it still takes place in 2015. This is a movie, not a history book! ;)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    It can take years for evidence to be released. I guess what took place at SKYFALL would have investigators tied up for months/years before they'd close the files and release evidence back to the owners.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    1+

Like ASP said, it can take quite a while for Evidence to be released.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    There's also something in the script which would lead one to believe that quite some time had passed after the incident at Skyfall.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    i don't know. How long did it take them to clean the damage of the twin towers?
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    i don't know. How long did it take them to clean the damage of the twin towers?

Going by what Wikipedia says, estimates said debris removal would take a year but cleanup ended in May of 2002.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    I have a hard time believing they would let the SIS building sit in disrepair for a few years considering the national security importance of the work that was done there.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,610Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    I have a hard time believing they would let the SIS building sit in disrepair for a few years considering the national security importance of the work that was done there.

Maybe it's too damaged to repair ?
    YNWA 97
    Yeah, it looks a wreck. Sometimes, it's cheaper to build new than to repair.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Then why wouldn't they just demolish it?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Maybe they will. :v
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,610Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Then why wouldn't they just demolish it?

Because it's a building of importance national security wise...it would take a while to make safe and then remove sensitive items...before demolishing it -{
    YNWA 97
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I see it both ways. I think we will get a flashback to the explosion, because not everyone who sees SP will have seen SF. I think EON will take that into account from CR-06 & QoS. However, every Bond film has always been set in "the present."
    Re demolishing the Vauxhaul Building, its much more likely they will have cleared the mess and rebuilt it. Only a small percentage of the building was destroyed. In SF at the end, we saw M-Maly's new office, but it does not clarify if QBranch and other devisions are based there too. Even if they are, the Bond version of Legoland it could be argued, now functions like the real one!

Re the paperwork in the trailer, I thought it said 1985, rather than 83?
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?